Linked tickets - ST holders please ignore

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 01 Sep 2006 19:58

Royal Lady Surely the club are already ensuring that proper fans are getting the Man U tickets anyway - as ST holders are guaranteed,

wont be long before ST holders are no longer guaranteed,

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 01 Sep 2006 20:06

The 17 Bus wont be long before ST holders are no longer guaranteed,

I actually think there'll come a day when Boyd will be on the turnstiles checking people's bank statements on the way in to make sure they're on at least a six-figure income.

Getting in the Mad will be like trying to get a fecking mortgage.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Sep 2006 21:59

Jerry St Clair
The 17 Bus wont be long before ST holders are no longer guaranteed,

I actually think there'll come a day when Boyd will be on the turnstiles checking people's bank statements on the way in to make sure they're on at least a six-figure income.

Getting in the Mad will be like trying to get a fecking mortgage.

Damn, for a moment I thought you were saying they'd found a job better suited to his talents!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 06 Sep 2006 23:45

So have STAR not come up with any response to this yet, or are they hoping we will forget and it will just go away?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 Sep 2006 11:20

londinium So have STAR not come up with any response to this yet, or are they hoping we will forget and it will just go away?

Sorry but it had to wait until we got the answer from the guys at the top.

Having just come from the senior management meeting I have been assured that even (when!) the Man Utd game sells out there will still be tickets available for the Charlton game. This is because various hospitality/club sponsor/premiership sponsors get tickets for a certain number of games in the season and they (surprisingly?) opt for those games that are designated platinum games and so there will be more tickets available for the silver games. In fact the Charlton tickets will be on sale next week, Tuesday I think from memory.

The interpretation did change from the original proposal put to us but we have been given the reason and accept that it is the best in the circumstances. So many people have concerns about the software that it is very understandable that given the number of platinum games in a short time in the next few weeks, that they only wanted to release one silver game at a time. Maybe not the best for all fans but given the fixture list understandable.

working class hero

by working class hero » 13 Sep 2006 13:14

starliaison
londinium So have STAR not come up with any response to this yet, or are they hoping we will forget and it will just go away?

Having just come from the senior management meeting I have been assured that even (when!) the Man Utd game sells out there will still be tickets available for the Charlton game. This is because various hospitality/club sponsor/premiership sponsors get tickets for a certain number of games in the season and they (surprisingly?) opt for those games that are designated platinum games and so there will be more tickets available for the silver games. In fact the Charlton tickets will be on sale next week, Tuesday I think from memory.

The interpretation did change from the original proposal put to us but we have been given the reason and accept that it is the best in the circumstances. So many people have concerns about the software that it is very understandable that given the number of platinum games in a short time in the next few weeks, that they only wanted to release one silver game at a time. Maybe not the best for all fans but given the fixture list understandable.

So the club knew in advance how many seats would be free for Charlton - but refused to sell on a single basis to those who wanted them. This in effect leaves these punters to buy the left over single seats and those in less desirable areas.

I would love it if STAR - just once - did not decide that the club choice is 'the best in the circumstances'. Considering that STAR does not consult the members before negotiating on their behalf it is even LESS democratic than the average political party or Trades Union.....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 13 Sep 2006 13:35

starliaison

Who are the many people who have concerns about the software? Is it people at RFC? If so, what are they doing to alleviate those concerns? Or are their customers always going to have to put up with inconvenience and second rate service because they're not prepared to invest in a system that is fit for purpose?

When will RFC finally realise that trying to cut corners/costs by not investing in decent business systems software really is a false economy that costs them dear in less visible costs?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Sep 2006 13:36

working class hero
starliaison

So the club knew in advance how many seats would be free for Charlton - but refused to sell on a single basis to those who wanted them. This in effect leaves these punters to buy the left over single seats and those in less desirable areas.

I would love it if STAR - just once - did not decide that the club choice is 'the best in the circumstances'. Considering that STAR does not consult the members before negotiating on their behalf it is even LESS democratic than the average political party or Trades Union.....

The Charlton game is not until November so the tickets for this game would not have been available now anyway, so not much of an arguement there to be honest.

And STAR have taken the club up on many issues before where they have felt they are not correct. At the end of the day wch, if you don't like what they do either don't join or put yourself forward as a member of the STAR commitee and then you can challenge the club to your hearts content.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 13 Sep 2006 13:42

Stranded And STAR have taken the club up on many issues before where they have felt they are not correct. At the end of the day wch, if you don't like what they do either don't join or put yourself forward as a member of the STAR commitee and then you can challenge the club to your hearts content.

You've got my nomination if you go for it wch!

However, I'm sure it demands a fair amount of time and commitment and, whilst I don't always agree with the stance the present committee take on discussions with the club, I certainly wouldn't accuse them of lacking commitment and acknowledge the time and effort they put into STAR.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 Sep 2006 16:39

working class hero

So you think the tickets that are free for the Charlton games are the less desirable areas? Did you read my post? They are the tickets not available for general sale for the ManU game because they are used by/for those who pay through the nose even more than us. They will not singles and likely to be in more desirable areas.

As standed has pointed out that the Charlton game is in November and would not be available yet normally - and as I said will be available next week.

working class hero I would love it if STAR - just once - did not decide that the club choice is 'the best in the circumstances'. Considering that STAR does not consult the members before negotiating on their behalf it is even LESS democratic than the average political party or Trades Union.....

I would love it if - just once - you looked at a problem with an open mind, we are sometimes privy to matters that cannot be made public so cannot consult members fully even if we had the time. Maybe you do not agree with our conclusions but we do try to weigh up the problems and see them from all points of view not just one.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 Sep 2006 16:45

RoyalBlue
However, I'm sure it demands a fair amount of time and commitment and, whilst I don't always agree with the stance the present committee take on discussions with the club, I certainly wouldn't accuse them of lacking commitment and acknowledge the time and effort they put into STAR.

It does - no-one paid me this morning for the time I took off work to attend the senior management meeting.

As said at the AGM last night we have not had nominations for anyone to take on any of the workload for yet another year but there seem to be plenty ready to lecture us - even the AGM was badly attended so it just goes to show how many are willing to put themselves out for STAR.

Having said that we have had a few more volunteers, after the meeting last night, willing to come and help so maybe we can get some momentum going. I do feel very inclined sometimes to use the phrase put up or shut up though. Rant over

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 13 Sep 2006 16:55

Man You now sold out and Charlton tickets available to buy now according to Official Site

working class hero

by working class hero » 13 Sep 2006 19:27

starliaison
RoyalBlue

It does - no-one paid me this morning for the time I took off work to attend the senior management meeting.

As said at the AGM last night we have not had nominations for anyone to take on any of the workload for yet another year but there seem to be plenty ready to lecture us - even the AGM was badly attended so it just goes to show how many are willing to put themselves out for STAR.

Having said that we have had a few more volunteers, after the meeting last night, willing to come and help so maybe we can get some momentum going. I do feel very inclined sometimes to use the phrase put up or shut up though. Rant over

I offered my services as a volunteer at the end of last season [at the hut] and was told STAR did not need any help.....

Suffice to say I would gladly stand for election and would love the opportunity. However, most people I know are not STAR members so needing 10 signatures to stand [especially during the close season] is a bit of a non starter.
I realise it is unpaid - but so were my many years as a Branch Secretary and LAbour Party Delegate....
I did think that the purpose of needing 10 signatures was designed to make the Board self perpetuating and to fend off any challenge. :shock:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 13 Sep 2006 19:58

working class hero I offered my services as a volunteer at the end of last season [at the hut] and was told STAR did not need any help.....

Suffice to say I would gladly stand for election and would love the opportunity. However, most people I know are not STAR members so needing 10 signatures to stand [especially during the close season] is a bit of a non starter.
I realise it is unpaid - but so were my many years as a Branch Secretary and LAbour Party Delegate....
I did think that the purpose of needing 10 signatures was designed to make the Board self perpetuating and to fend off any challenge. :shock:

Well you've got my signature if you want it and surely there's 9 others on here somewhere. Come on folks, how about it?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 Sep 2006 20:01

working class hero Suffice to say I would gladly stand for election and would love the opportunity. However, most people I know are not STAR members so needing 10 signatures to stand [especially during the close season] is a bit of a non starter.

If you read your Reading Matter before the end of the season we deliberately put the election form in so that you could get the signatures before the end of the season and it was mentioned in the previous one as well.

The 10 signatures is the recommendation of Supporters Direct and the solicitors they used to draw up the draft constitution of football trusts, not something we plucked out of the air.

It should not be difficult to get 10 signatures. If you were to travel on the coach you would be surrounded by STAR members, if you came to a fans forum ditto or if you came to a STAR teams meeting (which I suggest to people who say that they want to help rather than saying we don't need help) ditto - although the latter does not always work as one person can only nominate 3 people maximum and for instance this AGM there were 4 vacancies.

It just goes to show that (as I have often found with my dealings with RFC) that if you assume you make an ass of u and me.

working class hero

by working class hero » 13 Sep 2006 20:07

starliaison
working class hero Suffice to say I would gladly stand for election and would love the opportunity. However, most people I know are not STAR members so needing 10 signatures to stand [especially during the close season] is a bit of a non starter.

If you read your Reading Matter before the end of the season we deliberately put the election form in so that you could get the signatures before the end of the season and it was mentioned in the previous one as well.

The 10 signatures is the recommendation of Supporters Direct and the solicitors they used to draw up the draft constitution of football trusts, not something we plucked out of the air.

It should not be difficult to get 10 signatures. If you were to travel on the coach you would be surrounded by STAR members, if you came to a fans forum ditto or if you came to a STAR teams meeting (which I suggest to people who say that they want to help rather than saying we don't need help) ditto - although the latter does not always work as one person can only nominate 3 people maximum and for instance this AGM there were 4 vacancies.

It just goes to show that (as I have often found with my dealings with RFC) that if you assume you make an ass of u and me.

Was there a forum after the form came out?
As for coach travel it is much cheaper for me to travel by car as there are up to 7 of us who go to away games and petrol costs less....
I did ask around those who sit near me - none were STAR members....

And I did NOT make an assumption - I was told by a STAR committee member that no help was needed.

Perhaps next season I will be in a position to stand....

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 15 Sep 2006 10:41

working class hero
Was there a forum after the form came out?

Yes there was, otherwise I would not have suggested it as a possibility.

working class hero As for coach travel it is much cheaper for me to travel by car as there are up to 7 of us who go to away games and petrol costs less....
I did ask around those who sit near me - none were STAR members....

That is fair enough but would not be difficult if you needed to contact a lot of STAR members as only STAR members can travel that way.

working class hero And I did NOT make an assumption - I was told by a STAR committee member that no help was needed.

Perhaps next season I will be in a position to stand....

The assumption I referred to was that the 10 signatures was to secure the status quo.

peeping_bernal

by peeping_bernal » 15 Sep 2006 23:53

Has this subject changed to have a pop a STAR? I am not a member and I disagree with a lot of the things which are happening as the club evolves, but without STAR the fans would have no voice to the club management to reason their views and question their decisions. So give these guys your backing as we all have one thing in common, RFC. They are doing this for the love of the club and for no reward and as this subject shows just abuse. Back off and shut up or help them and use them for or advantage. Rant over.