Will You Be Buying/Renewing A Season Ticket Next Season?

Will You Be Buying/Renewing A Season Ticket Next Season?

Renewing
70%
Buying for first time
2%
Not Renewing
23%
Depends on how this season finishes
5%

Total votes: 121
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Will You Be Buying/Renewing A Season Ticket Next Season?

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 31 May 2010 16:40

can't believe they have not released day prices yet, folk so far have no idea what the saving over 23 ticks is, as it is the renewal is £20 cheaper than a new ST, so in all honesty the £50 saving is nonsense, it is £50 cheaper than last season, no more no less.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 31 May 2010 17:15

20% not renewing < 1% buying from new. Should make it easier getting a seat for the odd game here and there.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 May 2010 18:17

Harpers So Solid Crew can't believe they have not released day prices yet, folk so far have no idea what the saving over 23 ticks is, as it is the renewal is £20 cheaper than a new ST, so in all honesty the £50 saving is nonsense, it is £50 cheaper than last season, no more no less.

surely they need to know how many are renewing 1st, only then can they work out a price based on that

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 01 Jun 2010 16:53

Harpers So Solid Crew can't believe they have not released day prices yet, folk so far have no idea what the saving over 23 ticks is, as it is the renewal is £20 cheaper than a new ST, so in all honesty the £50 saving is nonsense, it is £50 cheaper than last season, no more no less.

Fairly sure when the ST prices were announced they said day tickets were going up 50p - in effect the same but allowing for the increase in VAT on 1 Jan (they did put these prices down Dec 08 when VAT went down didn't they?).

If it was not announced not sure where I got this 50p from

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 01 Jun 2010 17:41

There was a comment that prices would go up 50p to cover the VAT rise, however the prices already went back to cover the VAT, if they dont reduce match day tickets they might find a massive fall in crowds.

working class hero

by working class hero » 11 Jun 2010 12:34

STH do get free access to reserve games and use of the Jazz Cafe on match days (unless I am well out of date !). I believe had the expansion plans gone ahead there would have been other STH facilities included in those.

ST you are right in your claims..... However, playing the reserve games at the Madstad would make this a useable benefit. It would also be more useable if games were played outside office hours. So really an empty offer to most. Being able to spend money in a bar is also a double edged sword.

As for metioning what would have happened if something else had happened..... :lol: :shock:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 11 Jun 2010 12:51

They never check for season tickets when you go in the Jazz Cafe anyway.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 11 Jun 2010 13:51

SLAMMED They never check for season tickets when you go in the Jazz Cafe anyway.

They do if you're not in a 'ding shirt.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jun 2010 14:05

Surprised that the official site - at a time of a complete dearth of RFC news - hasn't mentioned how many people renewed. Perhaps the club are disappointed with a poor take up in spite of large reductions.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 11 Jun 2010 15:08

Row Z Royal
SLAMMED They never check for season tickets when you go in the Jazz Cafe anyway.

They do if you're not in a 'ding shirt.

Been plenty of times without a shirt on, although they probably recognise me.

yappy

by yappy » 11 Jun 2010 18:31

floyd__streete Surprised that the official site - at a time of a complete dearth of RFC news - hasn't mentioned how many people renewed. Perhaps the club are disappointed with a poor take up in spite of large reductions.

That's my thinking too. 5,500 renewals on the 31st May sounds pretty low to me.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 11 Jun 2010 19:15

Did say in tonights post 11,000 have been bought which if true is pretty good considering the current finacial climate.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 11 Jun 2010 19:48

Jackson Corner Did say in tonights post 11,000 have been bought which if true is pretty good considering the current finacial climate.

Read that too. If true that is a surprisingly sterling effort :shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 11 Jun 2010 20:18

floyd__streete
Jackson Corner Did say in tonights post 11,000 have been bought which if true is pretty good considering the current finacial climate.

Specifically a Pounds Sterling effort - the price cut has obviously done the trick. Fair play.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 11 Jun 2010 21:26

floyd__streete

I don't think that's true - just under 10k was what I heard.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Jun 2010 07:33

Didn't want to renew given the state of the club and the lack of money but the ******** went and made the pricing so damn good that I just couldn't resist another season of mediocrity

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 13 Jun 2010 12:32

I live in Manchester, so I'm mainly going to be going to the away games up here. I haven't had a season ticket since I moved away from Basingstoke in '05, but I manage to go to atleast 10 games a year both home and away. Parents renewing their season tickets for the thirteenth straight year, and each year I am jealous. I just can't see if you live in or within commuting distance of your team how you couldn't get a season ticket if you've had one for the past few years?

I'm sure people will probably no doubt mock me, but to support your club and only go to a few selected hand picked games then get a season ticket when we're doing well just seems very plasticy. The arguement of finance and cost is the only valid reason in my eyes, apart from if you work a good 25% of game days - but you could still give your ticket to a mate for the day and still keep up the attendance and (lack of) atmosphere.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Jun 2010 09:28

RFCUK
I'm sure people will probably no doubt mock me, but to support your club and only go to a few selected hand picked games then get a season ticket when we're doing well just seems very plasticy. The arguement of finance and cost is the only valid reason in my eyes, apart from if you work a good 25% of game days - but you could still give your ticket to a mate for the day and still keep up the attendance and (lack of) atmosphere.

Personal choice is also a pretty fair 'reason', although I don't think anyone really needs to justify themselves - it's just a hobby !!

Personally I can't imagine just picking odd games though. It kind of misses the whole point that being a fan is about the long term. No one would just read odd chapters in a book and hope to get much from it, you need to read the whole book !

But as I say, each to their own and better people go to some games than none at all.