Spurs Tickets

198 posts
Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Mar 2007 12:27

But that's only half the story.
The regular away travellers (800 AST) had the same chance to get Arsenal tickets as the 'day trippers' and it can;t just be that all the day trippers have access to phones during the day and regulars don't can it ?

The non regular away fans had no priority for Arsenal tickets over the people who apparantly create all the noise at other games so how did so many 'plastics' get tickets ?

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 23 Mar 2007 12:33

Can someone please just confirm that the upper and lower tiers at Spurs are completley seperate - in terms of entrances and concourse.

In other words I am going with someone who is sat in the lower tier, whilst I am in the upper. Will we be able to meet up at half time? :?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Mar 2007 12:49

Behindu But that's only half the story.
The regular away travellers (800 AST) had the same chance to get Arsenal tickets as the 'day trippers' and it can;t just be that all the day trippers have access to phones during the day and regulars don't can it ?

The non regular away fans had no priority for Arsenal tickets over the people who apparantly create all the noise at other games so how did so many 'plastics' get tickets ?

AST's automatically get issued a ticket from our allocation, so have no need to jossle for a ticket. As I say, it is very easy to not be a regular away follower and still get tickets for the supposed 'big' games as I have just pointed out. I have never mentioned anything about 'plastics' by the way, I hate the term. Everyone is a Reading fan in my eyes if they watch the team, it's just a shame that some are less enthusiastic than others.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Mar 2007 12:57

H&P I wasn't using the plastics term to have a dig at you !!

What still confuses me is how apparantly hundreds of non regular away fans got tickets and prvented hundreds of those who go every week from attending.

I just don't see it, unless those who have been at away games this season didn;t go last (and from what I recall away support was pretty good last season).

I can see it when we have a hge away allocation (Arsenal last season) and the 'vocal' fans get swamped by the 'tourists', but I cannot see how it canhappen that the 'regular' away fans missed out in such huge numbers.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Mar 2007 14:23

I don't think away games were that well attended last season, certainly not until after Xmas. I got a ticket for Leicester with no problems at all and I had to wait until half way down the pecking order due to my points total. Of course it comes down to luck of the draw with the points bandings being so large for that game, 50 points or so difference each day was it? I just think that the less inclined away fan opted for the Arsenal game over any other, even Chelsea and Utd provided far better atmosphere and they could be considered even more of a draw

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Mar 2007 14:34

You are probably right - Chelsea was a bad day for many to pick for a day out, Old Trafford is a slog so maybe a lot did ring Arsenal for their one trip of the season.

Iguess if there are 18 away trips where the atmosphere is good and one where the support is a wider representation it's not the end of the world !

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 23 Mar 2007 14:50

They weren't 'plastic' fans at the Emirates. To get that many points indicates a decent degree of loyalty to the club. What they were however was just rubbish at singing and creating an atmosphere.

They therefore get classed as 'plastic' because of they're style of support. The best away support this season has been at less 'desirable' games. Atmosphere at the glamour ties has been pretty poor, and these are the games where you need more points to attend.

What that means is open to debate.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Mar 2007 15:04

I think the main reason is that there are a lot of people with 550-600 points, to get this many you just have to have a season ticket since points started and attended most cup games. We had a core of around 8k STHs when points started and probably 6k of those didn't typically do away games.

I have to wait for other peoples points band before getting my away tickets, so far this season I've missed out on Liverpool, ManU and Arsenal away that I otherwise would have gone to. However I think anyone with enough points are entitled to pick and chose their away games if they want, that's the idea of setting a points priority system, and to call them plastic is quite frankly pathetic.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Mar 2007 15:11

PieEater Ito call them plastic is quite frankly pathetic.

As Huntley pointed out he didn't, and my use of the term was in inverted commas (excpet for once when I forgot !) as I've not been criticising the people who were rather, rather questioning the asumption that they were somehow unworthy...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Mar 2007 15:25

As I've stated before, the club really should introduce an away ticket club. it would solve this cyclic arguement in one easy process

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 23 Mar 2007 15:38

Once again it needs pointing out that those with the highest band of points do not want to drop down the order, so obtain tickets and pass on to others they know, work colleagues etc, also for Arsenal , which i managed to get aseat for I think there were a lot more of the players families attend, I feel sure there were at leaset 30 in the seats near me, they made barely a noise.

Also worth pointing out that atmosphere is a two way thing, the team did not start to perform till late on, hence not a lot to sing about.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Mar 2007 15:42

Huntley & Palmer As I've stated before, the club really should introduce an away ticket club. it would solve this cyclic arguement in one easy process

Would it not replace it with a different one though ?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 23 Mar 2007 15:44

Huntley & Palmer I don't think away games were that well attended last season, certainly not until after Xmas.

Correct. I've just checked a programme for last season and there were 1300 at Plymouth for a Saturday game in the midst of our unbeaten run.

Our away attendance hovered between 500 and 1500 at the absolute most, until Leicester away. And even that was a piece of piss to get tickets for.

Mr Brightside
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mr Brightside » 23 Mar 2007 15:50

PieEater I think the main reason is that there are a lot of people with 550-600 points, to get this many you just have to have a season ticket since points started and attended most cup games. We had a core of around 8k STHs when points started and probably 6k of those didn't typically do away games.

I have to wait for other peoples points band before getting my away tickets, so far this season I've missed out on Liverpool, ManU and Arsenal away that I otherwise would have gone to. However I think anyone with enough points are entitled to pick and chose their away games if they want, that's the idea of setting a points priority system, and to call them plastic is quite frankly pathetic.

I have 590 points, and much as I'd love to goto the games further afield most times I can't unless I go on my own.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Mar 2007 16:07

Behindu
Huntley & Palmer As I've stated before, the club really should introduce an away ticket club. it would solve this cyclic arguement in one easy process

Would it not replace it with a different one though ?

Quite possibly but I'd just delete them all

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 23 Mar 2007 16:10

That seems like the way forward !!

Maybe you should run the TO and just delete points off anyone who doesn't sing :lol:

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 31 Mar 2007 17:22

On the TOPIC of Spurs tickets, thank you to the ticket office. I am an AST holder, but for reasons out of our control they couldn't pass the charges through. I got the e-mail from the club "contact us as soon as possible". By this time it was 'sold out'. I rang up, explained the circumstances, and managed to get hold of a ticket. It may be a limited view seat (i'm not entirely sure) but at least i'm there.

Well done TO, and thank you.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 01 Apr 2007 10:06

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo On the TOPIC of Spurs tickets, thank you to the ticket office. I am an AST holder, but for reasons out of our control they couldn't pass the charges through. I got the e-mail from the club "contact us as soon as possible". By this time it was 'sold out'. I rang up, explained the circumstances, and managed to get hold of a ticket. It may be a limited view seat (i'm not entirely sure) but at least i'm there.

Well done TO, and thank you.

I think you will find that the TO keep back tickets for people whose payment does not go through to give them a chance to sort it out. It is not publicised a lot but just another example of having a TO manager who has been involved in selling sports venue tickets before and understands the problems.

198 posts