Will You Be Buying/Renewing A Season Ticket Next Season?

Will You Be Buying/Renewing A Season Ticket Next Season?

Renewing
70%
Buying for first time
2%
Not Renewing
23%
Depends on how this season finishes
5%

Total votes: 121
Finch

Re: Will You Be Buying/Renewing A Season Ticket Next Season?

by Finch » 28 Mar 2010 16:45

under the tin
Finch Or simply think that RFC is a dead end club.

Won't be renewing. What's the point? Been there done it, won't be beaten.

Disagree with that. I'll renew.
Championship football is exciting (with the right manager) :wink:

Next year we will have the likes of Norwich, Leeds, Pompey, West ham, maybe the Scummers or even the Swine down here.

The "dead rubber" season is the one after next, should we get promoted. We REALLY CAN'T compete in the Prem.

Please tell me where the excitement lies.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Mar 2010 16:45

I will be. However, I am thinking of moving to the East Stand from the North Stand.

Which section should I go too?

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 28 Mar 2010 16:59

If you want to stand and sing and be near away fans .... Y26 + 25

If you want something else from your Saturday afternoon Y19 - Y24 should be fine

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 28 Mar 2010 17:04

I'll probably renew but only because i'm a lazy sod who can't be arsed with buying individual tickets.

There isn't going to be a single home sell out this season or a sell out of away tickets so I could have gone to every game I chose. I generally have to miss 3-4 home games a season and, with all the special offers, it would be cheaper for me not to buy a season ticket.

The extra £40 odd it costs me to have a season ticket is, to me, worth it to avoid the grief of buying tickets week by week but i'm sure many don't think like that. The club should give greater incentives to season ticket holders or they will get less and less renewals.

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 28 Mar 2010 17:12

fewer

Finch

by Finch » 28 Mar 2010 17:21

Schards#2 I'll probably renew but only because i'm a lazy sod who can't be arsed with buying individual tickets.

There isn't going to be a single home sell out this season or a sell out of away tickets so I could have gone to every game I chose. I generally have to miss 3-4 home games a season and, with all the special offers, it would be cheaper for me not to buy a season ticket.

The extra £40 odd it costs me to have a season ticket is, to me, worth it to avoid the grief of buying tickets week by week but i'm sure many don't think like that. The club should give greater incentives to season ticket holders or they will get less and less renewals.

Incentives for people who have to miss 3-4 games a season?

:lol:

What do you propose?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 28 Mar 2010 17:43

I'm optimistic that there will be some creative pricing for next season.

I'll renew for sure as it's almost unimaginable not to !

I'd expect to see a largish rise in the number of STH if we carry on current form through to the end of the season. It's not going to take much for the crowd size to such that anyone who thinks they can pick and chose their games may find themselves panicing a bit.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Mar 2010 18:08

I happen to know that meetings have taken place and suggestions put forward. Anyone with decent ST seats might be unwise not to renew, unless the games they want to pick and choose are in areas that folk get wet, are near the drummer, or are in the least popular selling areas. I agree with S T that there could well be more creative pricing, resulting in folk who think they are guaranteed a seat missing out at times. Cant say much more tho.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Mar 2010 18:58

1871 Royal If you want to stand and sing and be near away fans .... Y26 + 25

If you want something else from your Saturday afternoon Y19 - Y24 should be fine

I'm looking towards Y23.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 28 Mar 2010 19:06

Had my first ST in 1975. Have had one whenever I've lived within reasonable travelling distance. My only decision is whether to get one each for my boys. They have shared this season, and younger (8 years old) son has thoroughly enjoyed his share of games.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 28 Mar 2010 19:45

As I have said elsewhere, I have fallen out of love with this level of football. I may well pick and choose games I watch next season and thereafter as I choose to invest my time, money and emotion in non-league football. At least I can walk away knowing that Reading FC will be in good hands under the management of BMcD. The players are playing with style, heart and a good lump of passion. It would have been sad to have walked away had we been relegated to the third tier. That won't happen this season now. Even the fans are more hopeful than they have been for some time. Enjoy the ride but without me.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Mar 2010 19:53

Only if the "price is right"

might have to change location tho' (first time since 2002)....cannot deal with this "family friendly thang" in the Northstand (mums and dads sat in my seat...until I oust them.............kids, mums and dads getting up every three minutes to go to the loo/buy hot dogs/ buy drink to spill everywhere/get Kingsley's autograph/leave early)

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 28 Mar 2010 19:58

I am just a sad old oxf*rd who will renew whatever division we are in.

Mind you at the QPR away game (in those dark days) I came as close as I have ever been to walking away from the club as a fan. If you had asked me then there would have been no way I would have renewed.

Does that make me fickle :oops:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Mar 2010 20:09

Nope. That was a testing game. The walk to the tube afterwards. :x

under the tin

by under the tin » 28 Mar 2010 20:50

Finch
under the tin
Finch Or simply think that RFC is a dead end club.

Won't be renewing. What's the point? Been there done it, won't be beaten.

Disagree with that. I'll renew.
Championship football is exciting (with the right manager) :wink:

Next year we will have the likes of Norwich, Leeds, Pompey, West ham, maybe the Scummers or even the Swine down here.

The "dead rubber" season is the one after next, should we get promoted. We REALLY CAN'T compete in the Prem.

Please tell me where the excitement lies.

YOU OBVIOUSLY WEREN'T THERE YESTERDAY

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 28 Mar 2010 21:25

I will be renewing I would what ever happened this season. I would only stay at home Sat afternoon listen to Radio Berks and watch Soccer Saturday. In a strange way I have enjoyed this season just as much as any in recent seasons. From the despair at QPR to the euphoria at Anfield it's never been dull.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Mar 2010 22:06

I'll renew - partly for the same reasons as Schards (because I can't be bothered to get a ticket for every match individually) but also because there's value to me in sitting in "my" seat, with a view and perspective that I think is the best in the stadium, and being around with the same group of people at every match.

There's also some value to me in paying in advance for the ST and putting 23 matches in my diary, safe in the knowledge that when I'm asked to do something by Mrs DG (or anyone else) on a Saturday I can say "I've already paid for my ticket."

I agree that from a purely financial point of view a ST is not sensible if you're likely to miss 2-3 matches, but not every benefit of buying a ST can be measured in purely financial terms.

Finch

by Finch » 28 Mar 2010 22:15

under the tin YOU OBVIOUSLY WEREN'T THERE YESTERDAY

No, i wasn't. 1-1 against a team you've played 100 times before whilst lingering in mid table medocrity in the Championship in front of a half empty stadium sitting amongst a load of happy clappers.

Sounds exhilerating. :roll:

Been there seen it done it a million times, it's boring when you know it's going to lead to absolutely nothing.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 28 Mar 2010 23:47

I will renew despite the lack of a Waitrose chockie bunny this Easter partly because I like having the same seat near people who have become friends over the years. Also travelling the distance I do the fact that I had already paid was probably the only thing that motivated me to keep going during the dark days of Brenda.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 29 Mar 2010 01:27

Of course. I Like my seating position/group around me. I hope they'll renew too. As said before, I can't be bothered with the hassle of having to obtain a ticket for each game.