Bradford away- biggest game in years...

517 posts
6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Bradford away- biggest game in years...

by 6ft Kerplunk » 04 Mar 2015 17:50

Ta, stopped being lazy and looked at Google Maps to get my bearings. They reckon a 15min walk but it doesn't look that far. Can you get out the back of the station rather than going through the retail park?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Mar 2015 18:13

the station is the end of the line and in a cutting in the side of a hill so it's innaccessible from two sides due to the railway lines and a 40ft cliff. Apart from going through the retail park, the other exit takes you away from the stadium.

There is no parking at the station itself and the parking at the retail park is best avoided at all costs.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 04 Mar 2015 20:11

LWJ Anyone staying at the Jury's Inn?

Yes, Saturday night....will be getting there about 10am Sat.

Will prob just head to a 'spoons for a few beers before the game....

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 04 Mar 2015 22:17

That may not be possible Semtex, there's some vigil or something by a group called The Brothers of Jinnah in Centenary Square on Saturday morning. With the football and everything, the police will probably have the area on lockdown

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 04 Mar 2015 22:42

From Despair To Where? That may not be possible Semtex, there's some vigil or something by a group called The Brothers of Jinnah in Centenary Square on Saturday morning. With the football and everything, the police will probably have the area on lockdown

Oh well.....will suss things out on Sat. I'm sure I'll find somewhere to have a beer.......

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Mar 2015 08:07

Is there actually anything to do in Bradford post match/night? or is heading to Leeds or Manchester a better bet?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Mar 2015 09:11

From Despair To Where? That may not be possible Semtex, there's some vigil or something by a group called The Brothers of Jinnah in Centenary Square on Saturday morning. With the football and everything, the police will probably have the area on lockdown

So no drinking at all then? :shock: :x

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 05 Mar 2015 09:21

Anybody else going to The Fighting Cock? Bit of a walk or even taxi but best real ale house around.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Mar 2015 10:03

The Fighting Cock is about a 20 minute walk from the ground.

Anyone coming into Interchange and feeling really lazy, this might be of some interest

http://www.wymetro.com/uploadedFiles/WYMetro/Content/BusTravel/freetownandcitybuses/Bradford_free_city2012_BusTimetable.pdf

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Mar 2015 10:14

Jagermesiter1871 Is there actually anything to do in Bradford post match/night? or is heading to Leeds or Manchester a better bet?

Early kick off means Bradford will still be full of daytime shoppers.

As for the evening, there's the pubs previously mentioned. The nightclubs are nothing special so most people I know into clubbing head to Leeds. Headingley is also popular as it's where the Leeds Met (or Thomas Becket Uni as it's now known) halls of residence are so there's loads going on.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Mar 2015 11:18

UpThePrem Anybody else going to The Fighting Cock? Bit of a walk or even taxi but best real ale house around.

No, I'll be in the Bradford Arms.

hobnob
Site Admin

by hobnob » 05 Mar 2015 11:49

We've had a request from talkSPORT - would anyone like to volunteer?

If so please e-mail me on graham@royals.org and I'll pass over your contact details. Thanks!

We do a feature called ‘Early Riser’ where we speak to a fan who is up early and about to trek across the country to follow their team.

We’d love to speak to a Reading fan who is going up to Bradford on Saturday morning and wondered if you might be able to help?

It would just be a 5 min chat on Saturday at 7:15am with Georgie Bingham & Mickey Quinn.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 05 Mar 2015 12:01

hobnob We've had a request from talkSPORT - would anyone like to volunteer?

If so please e-mail me on graham@royals.org and I'll pass over your contact details. Thanks!

We do a feature called ‘Early Riser’ where we speak to a fan who is up early and about to trek across the country to follow their team.

We’d love to speak to a Reading fan who is going up to Bradford on Saturday morning and wondered if you might be able to help?

It would just be a 5 min chat on Saturday at 7:15am with Georgie Bingham & Mickey Quinn.

That doesn't sound like an appropriate segment for an early morning sports broadcast.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 05 Mar 2015 14:51

07.58 from St Pancras sat am is where my 4 cans of Morrisons own lager is cracked open.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 05 Mar 2015 15:09

does anyone know what type of money it would bring to the club if we did get to the final and qualify for europe?? Just wondered you have to dream

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Mar 2015 15:12

A couple of sold out Wembley games would bring in a few million, plus added merchandise sales and probably a boost for ST for next season.

We'd probably lose out financially on being in Europe.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Mar 2015 15:59

linkenholtroyal does anyone know what type of money it would bring to the club if we did get to the final and qualify for europe?? Just wondered you have to dream

Was a discussion on Bradford forums regarding this. Think they worked out about 1.5m for semi final

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 05 Mar 2015 16:07

Nameless A couple of sold out Wembley games would bring in a few million, plus added merchandise sales and probably a boost for ST for next season.

Can now only qualify for Europe if we win it. If we get to final against one of Arsenal, Liverpool or United (assuming they all get some form of European football through their PL placing) and lose then we get nothing. The FA Cup final loser's place now goes to the highest PL team that hasn't already qualifed for Europe. Hull were the final team to quailfy as losers.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Mar 2015 16:12

Kitsondinho
Nameless A couple of sold out Wembley games would bring in a few million, plus added merchandise sales and probably a boost for ST for next season.

Can now only qualify for Europe if we win it. If we get to final against one of Arsenal, Liverpool or United (assuming they all get some form of European football through their PL placing) and lose then we get nothing. The FA Cup final loser's place now goes to the highest PL team that hasn't already qualifed for Europe. Hull were the final team to quailfy as losers.

Could be wrong, but ISTR a similar conversation on here a few days ago and someone pointing out that this is the last year that the runner up can qualify for Europe.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 05 Mar 2015 16:14

linkenholtroyal does anyone know what type of money it would bring to the club if we did get to the final and qualify for europe?? Just wondered you have to dream

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zt7djxs#z3stpv4

517 posts