Half Time "entertainment"

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Half Time "entertainment"

by Jackson Corner » 18 Oct 2011 12:24

Ola in a skimpy outfit on a cold night at the Mad Stad. I will be bringing me binoculers. :D

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Oct 2011 12:26

Wycombe Royal More evidence that some people will moan about anything that the club does (this is further to the discussion on the disclosure of transfer fees).

Oh, is that aimed at me? If so it's the first time I've ever been accused of that - and you clearly can't have read the thread you're referring to!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 18 Oct 2011 12:41

This might actually be the first time in over twenty years I pay any attention whatsoever to the Half-Time "entertainment".

Ola Dancing >>>>>>> Pearce ploughing.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Oct 2011 13:05

Svlad Cjelli
Royal Lady Are they going to dance on the pitch then? Hope Ola's heels don't ruin it...

It will give RFC a bit of attention, no doubt a short clip will be shown on SCD on Saturday night - can't say I'll be watching at HT though.

But attention for what? This is purely and simply a football match being hi-jacked to promote a television dance show, and I, for one, want any media media attention there is about this match to be all about Reading vs. Derby and not to be about Robbie Savage and a TV dance programme.

Pretty fair comment.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Oct 2011 13:24

Svlad Cjelli
Wycombe Royal More evidence that some people will moan about anything that the club does (this is further to the discussion on the disclosure of transfer fees).

Oh, is that aimed at me? If so it's the first time I've ever been accused of that - and you clearly can't have read the thread you're referring to!

No, it is not aimed at anyone in particular. Just pointing out that people will moan about anything and this topic is further evidence of that. It is just coincidence that you have moaned on this topic (normally it is you defending the club).

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Oct 2011 13:26

Surely it's stating the obvious to say that no decision that the club makes will keep everyone happy?

But isn't that what an internet message board is all about - to let people give their views on such things?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Oct 2011 13:29

paultheroyal
Svlad Cjelli
Royal Lady Are they going to dance on the pitch then? Hope Ola's heels don't ruin it...

It will give RFC a bit of attention, no doubt a short clip will be shown on SCD on Saturday night - can't say I'll be watching at HT though.

But attention for what? This is purely and simply a football match being hi-jacked to promote a television dance show, and I, for one, want any media media attention there is about this match to be all about Reading vs. Derby and not to be about Robbie Savage and a TV dance programme.

Pretty fair comment.

You're joking right?

Champions League Tuesday and you think the media will be looking for a story in a match between a couple of average sides in the English second tier?

There might be a couple of pun headlines in our quarter column in tomorrow's Sun but so what?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Oct 2011 13:38

Svlad Cjelli Surely it's stating the obvious to say that no decision that the club makes will keep everyone happy?

But isn't that what an internet message board is all about - to let people give their views on such things?

Yes it is, but it is also part of the reason why clubs do not divulge certain pieces of information, like transfer fees.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 18 Oct 2011 13:40

I'm going for 90mins of football, half time really isn't gonna make or brake my evening!

P.s. Ola Jordan is a stunner! :shock:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Oct 2011 09:00

I suppose people like Svlad just chose to ignore my comment "no doubt there will be a short clip about it on SCD on Saturday night" - that is the "attention" to which I was referring. Any interest in RFC is good PR surely?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 Oct 2011 09:19

Ermmm, how can I be deemed to be "ignoring" a post that I quoted and answered all in the same post of my own?

BTW, did receive a tweet directly from Robbie Savage late afternoon trying to answer what I'd said. All credit to him for that, although it did take me 30 mins to work out exactly what he was trying to say.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 19 Oct 2011 09:30

Thought it was a laugh myself and lets face it, looking at Ola for 10 minutes is hardly something to moan about. Wonder if the marketing team gave her a replica shirt to pose in/take home. Her first game so can we now add her as another "celebrity" fan?
Savage was very complimentary about Reading FC and the fans afterwards by all accounts so fair play.

Old news I'm sure but as I never watch HT usually can someone tell the bloke with the mic that it doesn't need him to "whip up support" at the start of the 2nd half when the fans are already actually singing. All he did was drown them out.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 19 Oct 2011 09:42

Overshadowed? http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footba ... ip/Reading

By the looks of it either Compo's Hat or Dirk write for the Daily MaiLOL. If not that makes three miserable bastards.

Thankfully, for every one of you there were 5,000 people with a sense of humour.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 Oct 2011 11:12

That Friday Feeling Overshadowed? http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footba ... ip/Reading

By the looks of it either Compo's Hat or Dirk write for the Daily MaiLOL. If not that makes three miserable bastards.

Thankfully, for every one of you there were 5,000 people with a sense of humour.

Nope, today's MaiLoL is nothing to do with me.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 19 Oct 2011 19:16

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tell you what, you lot go and watch your dancing rubbish on Saturday evening and leave us who go for the football to do just that.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Oct 2011 19:49

What are you complaining about again? I'm presuming you watched the match and missed the half time "entertainment" so saw what you "go to the football to see". Or did you sit in your seat at half time with your arms folded in a sulk while the dancing was going on determined not to enjoy it?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 19 Oct 2011 20:28

That attention seeker isn't worth the time of day to even throw abuse at.

Would be nice if half time actually involved something with a link to our club.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Oct 2011 20:47

Compo's Hat :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tell you what, you lot go and watch your dancing rubbish on Saturday evening and leave us who go for the football to do just that.

You're at the bar at half time, quit your whining.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Oct 2011 21:00

Compo's Hat That attention seeker isn't worth the time of day to even throw abuse at.

Would be nice if half time actually involved something with a link to our club.

But he wanted to do it at Reading because he gained a respect for our club and it's fans after what happened last season and even said that if it was any other away ground he wouldn't have done it. Btw he was on BBC Berks yesterday saying the only reason he's doing the dancing show is to raise money for alzheimer's because his dad suffers from it.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Oct 2011 08:52

sandman Btw he was on BBC Berks yesterday saying the only reason he's doing the dancing show is to raise money for alzheimer's because his dad suffers from it.

Rubbish, he's just an attention seeker. Compo's Hat says so.