Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Greatwesternline » 25 Mar 2015 14:04

2000 points = 200 home games.

That's not that hard to achieve. Throw in away games....

Carltheroyal

by Carltheroyal » 25 Mar 2015 14:07

Geekins
Carltheroyal
TBM Yup

I know a few people who are single STH's and managed to get an extra ticket yesterday....i think if the club advertised the +1 then it would be abused but if you ask and explain your situation then they are pretty cool about it

In regard to this, I have just rang the ticket office and the sales adviser informed me that this is not the case. She informed me that the users claiming to have got additional tickets were not telling the truth. She informed me that it is impossible to sell additional tickets to non season tickets holders, as the system overrides the request without a season ticket?

I know that she is spinning me a line. Can anyone please advise what/how they managed to get additional tickets? Will anyone be able to provide prove, so I can ring the ticket adviser back up and call her bluff and help other season ticket holders get a additional ticket?

Thanks everyone!

What a bellend. Like they're gonna say, "Yeah we're giving them away, have 4!"

Muppet! :lol: :roll:

Please re-read the post. It says I know they are spinning me a line and want someone on here to help back me up, so others in my position can get a ticket :roll:

I hope this clarifies things

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 25 Mar 2015 14:07

I know there's a lot of bullshit being spoken about how many points people have/haven't got etc, but before people say "he can't not be a season ticket holder and have that many points etc," it's also worth remembering the other ways to get points - I think you get 10, maybe 20 points for joining STAR each year? Even if it's just 10 points, being a member of STAR since 2005 gives you an extra hundred points. The club also used to use extra points as a sales tool at one point - seem to recall some friendlies (Feyernoord may have been one?) around 2006 that gave you 20 points or so for buying a ticket for. This was when the margin of points were tiny for away games (as the points system was still relatively new) and there were examples of people buying £10 tickets to friendlies that they had no intention of using, just because the points were more valuable for our first ever trips to Anfield, Old Trafford etc.

Just worth a note anyway.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 25 Mar 2015 14:08

I find it virtually impossible to beleive that the club would break the rules they set, particularly as quite a lot of ST holders were disappointed there was not a +1 arrangement. It would require over-riding the computer system. The receipt I got with my ticket indicated Adult and 65 and over for the ST holders which indicates to me that they were linked to particular records on the system.
If this did happen I guess it would be relatively easy to prove and there would be complete uproar. Why would the club risk that?

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 25 Mar 2015 14:10

I have access to tickets via hospitality and even through that channel they are being strict on the rules. I tried to get my member ticket today along with the corporate tickets and was told I would have to wait until tomorrow so am sceptical about all the claimed plus ones.

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 25 Mar 2015 14:12

UpThePrem
Croydon Royal 3x Block 113 booked. Incredibly easy to do this evening online. Can't believe I'm saying it, but very impressed by how the club have handled it all so far. And baffled by those who went down there to queue for hours today. Each to their own, I guess.

One quick question (apologies if it's already been mentioned, but hard to keep up with all the threads), but my tickets say 'blue upper 113' on them - are they splitting the block into lower and upper, or is it just something written on everyones tickets? There sort of looks like it's been split on the Reading Seating Guide page, but not on any other Wembley Seating Charts. Would be quite happy if that's the case - the further up on the lower tier the better in my opinion - but imagine it's just wishful thinking at the moment!

It appears that tickets sold at the ticket office in person were for the front rows, but not sure how many rows. Tickets sold on line are for the back rows. Not sure if its an equal split but could be upper is above the walkway and lower is obviously below.

Makes sense. Thanks.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 25 Mar 2015 14:15

Pandoras Box I don't get this.
You get 5 points for away and 10 points for a home match - total for a champ season = 345 points (without any cup purchases)
To get 1000 points you would need to go to every single game for 3 years solid.
Now if you were in upper west at £35 a pop, the season at home would cost approx. £805, when you could buy the ST for about £350.
Why would you do this?
Just asking.

I haven't had a season ticket for 3 years yet have 2000+ points as in the prior seasons I went to most games home and away. Not entering the better/ more deserving supporter debate just explaining how/why I have the points. In the past 3 years I have averaged 15 home games and only a handful of always.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Mar 2015 14:20

I helped the club recruit loads of temp workers for the week to deal with ticket sales up at the stadium.

Surely that deserves a free ticket? :?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Mar 2015 14:24

Carltheroyal
TBM Yup

I know a few people who are single STH's and managed to get an extra ticket yesterday....i think if the club advertised the +1 then it would be abused but if you ask and explain your situation then they are pretty cool about it

In regard to this, I have just rang the ticket office and the sales adviser informed me that this is not the case. She informed me that the users claiming to have got additional tickets were not telling the truth. She informed me that it is impossible to sell additional tickets to non season tickets holders, as the system overrides the request without a season ticket?

I know that she is spinning me a line. Can anyone please advise what/how they managed to get additional tickets? Will anyone be able to provide prove, so I can ring the ticket adviser back up and call her bluff and help other season ticket holders get a additional ticket?

Thanks everyone!

You are correct, she is spinning you a line.

PM me if it helps.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Mar 2015 14:26

JC I find it virtually impossible to beleive that the club would break the rules they set, particularly as quite a lot of ST holders were disappointed there was not a +1 arrangement. It would require over-riding the computer system. The receipt I got with my ticket indicated Adult and 65 and over for the ST holders which indicates to me that they were linked to particular records on the system.
If this did happen I guess it would be relatively easy to prove and there would be complete uproar. Why would the club risk that?

Club can do what it likes, and it's guidelines!

Fans always talk about uproar, there never is.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 25 Mar 2015 14:34

I never had ptr down as a wum but he's managed to get several knickers twisted with this one.

Played sir!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 25 Mar 2015 14:35

How are the online bands changing - at the same time as the TO? i.e is it 10am tomorrow for the 1500 pt band?

They've said they're open late but surely it would make sense to let online sales run 24 hrs.
Last edited by PieEater on 25 Mar 2015 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 25 Mar 2015 14:35

I think tonight's update from the club will be very interesting.

Sold significantly over the 11,00 mark and we will know something isn't quite right.

It seems very unlikely that 100% of season ticket holders would buy on days 1 and 2 when some will want to sit with member card holders.

Carltheroyal

by Carltheroyal » 25 Mar 2015 14:38

paultheroyal
Carltheroyal
TBM Yup

Thanks everyone!

You are correct, she is spinning you a line.

PM me if it helps.

Hi mate. Would be great if you could. Contact me on golfb10@hotmail.co.uk

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Mar 2015 14:41

TFF I never had ptr down as a wum but he's managed to get several knickers twisted with this one.

Played sir!

:?:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Mar 2015 14:46

Carltheroyal
Hi mate. Would be great if you could. Contact me on golfb10@hotmail.co.uk

fcuk off arsenal cnut

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 25 Mar 2015 14:50

Bought mine this morning. Got there at five past 10 to a queue of around 10 people which had cleared by the time I had bought mine. Seemed like everyone there was buying blue tickets. What was good though about doing it in person was that you were able to ask for a more specific section e.g. towards the front of the section. Would be shocked if they even sold 2000 today, seemed like most people who wanted them bought yesterday.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 25 Mar 2015 14:50

Very selfish of Paul, that now he has his tickets, he's willing to help out anyone to beat the system instead of waiting their turn. I'm sure if it was the other way round, he wouldn't be so willing asking people to PM him.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 25 Mar 2015 14:51

Can't understand why Paul would help out a new member who has posted asking for tickets rather than existing who have..

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 25 Mar 2015 14:53

PieEater How are the online bands changing - at the same time as the TO? i.e is it 10am tomorrow for the 1500 pt band?

That is quite clearly what it says on the OS -

Tickets are being sold as follows:
Wed 25th March, 10am-9pm: Season Ticket holders
Thu 26th March, 10am-9pm: Season Ticket holders, and Members with 1500+ points
Fri 27th March, 10am-9pm: Season Ticket holders, and Members with 750+ points
Sat 28th March, 9am-midday*: Season Ticket holders, and Members with 600+ points
Sun 29th March, 10am-5pm: Season Ticket holders, and Members with 300+ points
Mon 30th March onwards: Criteria TBC depending on number of tickets remaining
*Please note London Irish's St Patrick's Day fixture takes place on this day and the Stadium will be particularly busy from 11am.

The online ticketing system updates its selling criteria at the same time as the Ticket Office opens each day. i.e. 10am Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat & Mon; 9am Sat.

2002 posts