Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Turns8 » 26 Mar 2015 18:21

13,700 tickets sold so far... :o (this hopefully doesn't take into account the blocks the club have held back for the owners..)

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 Mar 2015 18:30

Saturday will see the greatest increase when the Premier League fan base we gained come in to effect.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 26 Mar 2015 18:32

tidus_mi2
Zammo Oh f**k. In the drummers block.

*face palm*

You fool! I am relying on my dad to sort out tickets, so I reminded him to not go for 106. I can get away with a quick post on HNA at work but I think it would be obvious when I'm in a online queue on the Reading website trying to buy tickets!

Ha, what a cry baby....I was in a lesson and just left the students to get on with it will I secured tickets!

anR

by anR » 26 Mar 2015 18:55

We'll have Arsenal in our end.

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 26 Mar 2015 19:06

I understand why they've done it in this way, but it is a ballache for groups who are a variety of STs, and mixed points wanting to sit together. Be cool if you could order a "general" ticket as an ST, but wait until your 500-point dwelling pal was ordering theirs to finalise yours so you could go together.

*Edit*

Equally, as if we're going to Wembley! Amazing!

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 26 Mar 2015 19:15

My guess us that the club reckoned/calculated that with their points thresholds, tickets would be sold at a r8 of around 5000 tickets per day - and they're not far off that. As TBM says, the rate may well pick up anyway as the points threshold reduces.
I reckon they'll have all but gone by the end of Sunday.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Mar 2015 19:41

Turns8 13,700 tickets sold so far... :o (this hopefully doesn't take into account the blocks the club have held back for the owners..)

I suppose that's a little under half our allocation in the first 2 days isn't it. That's just STH.

Some STH may just have been lazy and not bothered buying as they don't care where they sit. Equally may be waiting for their friends to qualify.

Plenty of time to sell the rest

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 26 Mar 2015 19:46

Past history shows that two tickets per ST has worked well for the games against Walsall and Swansea.

Why the club changed it to one per ST is baffling and shows in the sales to date.

2 per ST and the sold tickets to date would be above 22k by now.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 26 Mar 2015 20:33

anR We'll have Arsenal in our end.

A handful. No more than that. Friday, Saturday and Sunday we will sell a load and that still requires 300 or so royalty points.

There are loads of non season ticket holding followers of Reading who are awaiting these next few days to get their tickets.

We will sell our allocation.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 26 Mar 2015 21:03

windermere_royal just spoke to my mate who went down today, no queue at all, I`m starting to wonder if we will sell out or not, we could be a laughing stock if we don`t

I went down for 9.30am and there were actually about 100 people at the East Stand ticket office. Mostly people buying for sizeable groups who presumably didn't want to risk the online lottery. FWIW I got served in half an hour and was able to get my pick of seats and rows from the blocks that were listed as sold out online. Really efficient and well organised and I think they did a really good job of splitting it online/ticket office, only I wish they had opened at 8am.

I think the rationale behind 1 per ST compared to Swansea is that we only have 31,000 not 40,000+. 40,000 is a guaranteed seat for anyone who has ever watched a Reading match, run the half marathon or just bought a fish in smelly alley. 30,000 is just a bit too small to make sure - if those 13,000 had been eligible to have bought 2 each we might now be on 26,000 down already on the first day of non STH sales. I know that sounds improbable but I've already had to tell non RFC friends/colleagues I can't help and indeed I'm sure everyone knows someone who isn't a Reading fan who would like to go.

I think we will eventually sell out but probably only just beforehand. Arsenal will go up the wall if we don't shift the 18,000 Wigan got this time last year!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 26 Mar 2015 21:22

if we have 12,000 ST and we had 2 tickets each, then we'd probably sell about 20,000 to them. not everyone will take 2 each (I wouldn't and nor would my mate). That would leave 12,000 to non-STH. The club says we have 100,000 members, but we probably have no more than 20,000 who attend on a regular basis (given our home gates this year are about 15,000-16,000 without away fans). We have an option on more tickets as well. So 1 per ST was pants decision in my view and think we'll struggle to get to 32,000.

The club probably needs to offer a seat swap mechanism after all tickets are sold to allow those who buy later a chance to sit with mates, family etc

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Mar 2015 21:59

I'm a STH with 3000+ points, and my son with 2000 points, but his mate has 1300 points so we're waiting till tomorrow so we can sit together.

I'm actually quite surprised we've sold so many and there weren't more STHs like me that have waited. I could of bought 2 today as the system seems to have noticed my son is eligible but his mate is not.

I will be extremely pissed off if it turns out that the club have not stuck to their published policy and have been handing out tickets to people who are not yet eligible after I have patiently waited and seen the blocks I wanted sell out.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 26 Mar 2015 23:01

3points So 1 per ST was pants decision in my view and think we'll struggle to get to 32,000.

c

I don't get it. Why? Why should you benefit from getting a ticket for a mate, who may or may not be a regular supporter.

Now. I am a low points holder 180 to be precise. I have supported and attended games since I was 12 at Elm Park. I have been lucky enough over the years to go every now and then as I live a while away, and don't have the cash to spend on a regular 120 mile round trip.

My son has been a young royal for 3 years and we go twice a season if we are lucky. Imagine how many points he has!

My sister (season ticket holder) was gutted she couldn't help us out with tickets, but I said "It's fair enough - they should go to people who go more regularly first off!"

That is fair. Everyone who goes the most has a chance to get 1 in order of how often they attend! Simple.

Gutting for my 9 yr old boy and his possible first trip to Wembers, but FAIR!

We'll be holding on til the last chance saloon. I want that extra allocation. I want to take my boy there so he can sing his heart out at the players that he watches on the Football league show religiously and plays for on FIFA every day. That his bedroom in deepest Gloucestershire is decked out in Reading duvet covers / flags /picture of the mad stad on the wall is just a tiny hint of what he loves.

Now we know we are officially plastic as we don't go every week, but we are a moulded plastic into a big URZZZZZZZZZZ sign.

We desperately want tickets and are pretty certain we won't get them, so please please stop moaning about not getting an extra one and allow us to dream just a tiny bit longer.

coyrls

by coyrls » 26 Mar 2015 23:19

notloyalenuffroyal
3points So 1 per ST was pants decision in my view and think we'll struggle to get to 32,000.

c

I don't get it. Why? Why should you benefit from getting a ticket for a mate, who may or may not be a regular supporter.

I think you've missed the point. The concern is if we will sell all 32,000 with the one ticket per card policy, if we do then the point doesn't apply, it's nothing to do with personal benefit. We will just need to see how it plays out.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 27 Mar 2015 00:05

notloyalenuffroyal We desperately want tickets and are pretty certain we won't get them, so please please stop moaning about not getting an extra one and allow us to dream just a tiny bit longer.

You will get a ticket there is zero chance this will not go to general sale, the Club overestimated demand for a game that is also on TV.
One ticket per ST was a stupid decision

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 27 Mar 2015 05:28

So that's despite the club sating it is unlikely to reach general sale, personally I prefer their view, which uses facts.
Fwiw, we have reserved the extra, and are very likely to need it. Like not loyal enough, I also have few points, but have almost certainly been to more games than.those who'd jumped on first in 05/06.
However not bothered if I get a ticket or not.
Have already helped a fellow nobber with a deserving cause, as would rather they went than me.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Mar 2015 08:11

Where is the drummer sitting? (The club did tell us but appear to have removed this information.)

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 27 Mar 2015 08:12

coyrls
I think you've missed the point. The concern is if we will sell all 32,000 with the one ticket per card policy, if we do then the point doesn't apply, it's nothing to do with personal benefit. We will just need to see how it plays out.

No. That is exactly my point.

Club says we have 90000 + members. Ticket allocation of 32000. The only fair way to distribute is one at a time.

Why is it a concern if we don't sell them all? If some are worried about being embarrassed because there were a few seats left then they should re-evaluate their priorities in life. Are we worried that some nasty man might say we are not a big club?

Much fairer this way. 1 at a time - join the queue - cross your fingers.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Mar 2015 08:21

Man Friday Where is the drummer sitting? (The club did tell us but appear to have removed this information.)

Sorry, found it. 106.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Mar 2015 09:05

It's simple: if we sell out before we get down to non-members then the club has done the right thing. If we don't then it hasn't.

2002 posts