Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Nominations for goal music

by Sarah Star » 11 Aug 2010 23:24

The words "brick wall" and "head" come to mind

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 11 Aug 2010 23:29

I don't think so. We never used to have all this rubbish and it was much more fun.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 11 Aug 2010 23:36

Write to the club and ask them to stop and see what they say.

Anyway, I'm going to wait for a week to see what nominations come up whatever.

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 11 Aug 2010 23:43

No. I never used to have to.

And what is it with these nominations? Who has organised these - the club or STAR, and why? Just wondering like?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 11 Aug 2010 23:44

Who's organised them? Just here on HNA? as far as I know.

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 11 Aug 2010 23:49

Oh so it's utter bollox then. :roll: Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread...

Anyway, who the fukk thought it a good idea to introduce 'goal music' in the first place. Give me the reaction of the crowd any day, over a bunch of gimps pumping their arms in the air to Tom Hark (or whatever). Football has gone bad. No wonder I'm so disillusioned by it....

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 11 Aug 2010 23:53

OK :?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 12 Aug 2010 09:30

rob the royal Alright, in that case let's just have a different tune every week shall we and when it's played will just stand around looking like mugs thinking what idiot chose that - EVERY WEEK - that sounds like spasticated nonsense to me - so you'd probably enjoy it.

Have I stumbled into the Completely Missing The Whole Point World Championships?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 12 Aug 2010 09:33

Russell Street Oh so it's utter bollox then. :roll: Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread...

Anyway, who the fukk thought it a good idea to introduce 'goal music' in the first place. Give me the reaction of the crowd any day, over a bunch of gimps pumping their arms in the air to Tom Hark (or whatever). Football has gone bad. No wonder I'm so disillusioned by it....

:evil:
Killjoy.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 12 Aug 2010 09:40

Royal Lady
Russell Street Oh so it's utter bollox then. :roll: Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread...

Killjoy.

'greed. I don't know how I've managed to watch football all these years without being told how to celebrate goals by my club.

Fukk off RS, you miserable pcunt.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 12 Aug 2010 10:19

Jerry St Clair
rob the royal Alright, in that case let's just have a different tune every week shall we and when it's played will just stand around looking like mugs thinking what idiot chose that - EVERY WEEK - that sounds like spasticated nonsense to me - so you'd probably enjoy it.

Have I stumbled into the Completely Missing The Whole Point World Championships?

I think you're the one who's missing the point - the club currently seems to think that most fans actually like goal music otherwise they wouldn't continue with it - if enough people voted no goal music you could have things back to the way they were and personally i'd be pretty happy with that.

'Tom hark' was pretty successful - they binned it. The 'darts tune' was reasonably successful - they binned it. 'Jump around' absolutely bombed - they'll bin that as well... and then they'll think up something new. They're not going to get rid of it because they heard that a dozen people on hobnob said 'we never had goal music in my day and we don't need it now'.

So as I said if you actually enjoy listening to someone cranking up a different tune every time we score whislt we all stand around like mugs waiting for it to be turned off then fine have it your way, personally i'd rather we have done with it and either choose something or choose nothing.

I can understand why someone who was fairly traditional in their views of what going to a football match should be would be wondering why we even need a poll to sort it whether we have it or not when to you it's fairly obvious - but it isn't obvious to the people who run the club - so why don't you spell it out to them. Moaning on here about the old days won't help bring them back...

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 12 Aug 2010 10:26

Jerry St Clair
Royal Lady

Killjoy.

'greed. I don't know how I've managed to watch football all these years without being told how to celebrate goals by my club.

Fukk off RS, you miserable pcunt.

I bloody love you. :mrgreen:

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 12 Aug 2010 10:28

rob the royal omeone who was fairly traditional in their views of what going to a football match should be would be wondering why we even need a poll to sort it whether we have it or not when to you it's fairly obvious - but it isn't obvious to the people who run the club - so why don't you spell it out to them. Moaning on here about the old days won't help bring them back...

A massive dis'greed. If I got involved in anyway in a poll on post-goal music, I'd feel that a little piece of my soul had died.

Though that doesn't stop me arguing the toss on here about it, so perhaps I've already entered the realm of tragic pcunterdom.

Russell Street

by Russell Street » 12 Aug 2010 10:31

Jerry St Clair
rob the royal omeone who was fairly traditional in their views of what going to a football match should be would be wondering why we even need a poll to sort it whether we have it or not when to you it's fairly obvious - but it isn't obvious to the people who run the club - so why don't you spell it out to them. Moaning on here about the old days won't help bring them back...

A massive dis'greed. If I got involved in anyway in a poll on post-goal music, I'd feel that a little piece of my soul had died.

Though that doesn't stop me arguing the toss on here about it, so perhaps I've already entered the realm of tragic pcunterdom.

'greed.

havoc

by havoc » 12 Aug 2010 10:34

i think there should be a NO MUSIC option

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 12 Aug 2010 10:36

I don't know, I just don't get it - surely listening to the stuff blaring out over the speakers must make you feel like a piece of your soul has died every week... but if you're happy to put up with it that's up to you.

boycey

by boycey » 12 Aug 2010 10:37

Terminal Boardom
No-one quite like Grandma

funniest thing I've ever read on here.
Cant stop laughing.
Proper tickled me that has!

havoc

by havoc » 12 Aug 2010 10:39

also

RIP to whoever it was who died and left Sarah Star in charge

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 12 Aug 2010 10:46

I'm sorry but a massive lol at you all. You're all happy to sit around bashing the goal music on here and yet you're not willing to do anything to get shot of it... I'm not being funny but it's that kind of attitude that is sending this country down the bog hole - everyone complains about politicians doing a bad job and not listening to the people but how many people are actually politically active and try to make their opinions heard... no they'd rather just moan about it down the pub.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Aug 2010 10:57

What are you doing about it rob?