Stevenage Tickets

311 posts
roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

Stevenage Tickets

by roadrunner » 09 Jan 2011 16:18

Does anyone know when these go on sale?

Their capacity is 7100. Am I right in thinking we get just 710 for our away allocation?

unfortunately we don't get one of the two terraces.

Stadium Info
The Lamex Stadium has 2 impressive looking all seater stands to the South and West of the stadium. The other two are all standing and the East terrace is particularly steep and very well sized for this level of the game. All stands are covered and offer unobstructed views (which is rare in the lower leagues) and the facilities inside are very good.

For a plan of The Lamex Stadium, click here!

Away Fans
Visiting supporters are situated in the all seated South stand behind one of the goals and from here you'll enjoy a fantastic unobscured view of the playing surface. The leg room, facilities and refreshments afforded inside are very good as you'd expect from a relatively new ground. The low roof also allow for a good atmosphere to be generated.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

Re: Stevenage Tickets

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Jan 2011 16:20

roadrunner Visiting supporters are situated in the all seated South stand behind one of the goals and from here you'll enjoy a fantastic unobscured view of the playing surface. The leg room, facilities and refreshments afforded inside are very good as you'd expect from a relatively new ground. The low roof also allow for a good atmosphere to be generated.

Except if you take a load of day-trippers like we undoubtedly will.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 09 Jan 2011 16:23

Standing only should do the trick.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 Jan 2011 16:39

Away stand (South), holds 1400, so we may actually get the whole stand rather than the 10% (710). It doesn't look like they could partition the stand off for both support (facilities etc).

They've done a nice job on this ground. Very tidy away end.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Jan 2011 16:45

We will get the whole stand - 25% away allocation in the FA Cup (ground layout permitting).

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 Jan 2011 16:58

Where To Eat & Drink?

There is a large Club House bar at the ground, behind the South Stand, which is popular with both home and away fans alike. However, for some high profile games, the bar will be open to home fans only, but this is only for a small minority of games. On my last visit, eventhough the bar was busy, I was served relatively quickly and it was a friendly atmosphere.

Otherwise there is not much in the way of pubs near to the ground. Still if you like your real ale then it is worth taking the 15 minute walk to the 'Our Mutual Friend' pub in Broadwater Crescent. This pub which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide offers seven beers on hand pump, plus real cider and perry. If you have time on your hands then you can take the 15-20 minute walk into the town centre, where there are plenty of pubs to be found including a Wetherspoon outlet (called the Standard Bearer, which is located near to the Bus Station).

Across the roundabout from the ground there is a Retail Park that has various eating outlets such as Pizza Hut, McDonalds & Burger King. There is also a Harvester outlet called the 'Roaring Meg, which also has a bar.

By Train

The nearest station to the ground is Stevenage which is about one mile away from the ground. Leave the station booking hall and turn left towards the town. Take the stairs on the right before the bridge over the dual carriage way and head along the A602, Lytton Way. At the roundabout which has the police station on the right, take the second exit into Six Hills Way. At the next roundabout take the third exit (south) continuing along the A602, Monkswood Way, passing a large Asda store on your right. After about 3/4 mile (McDonalds/Burger King etc will be on your right) you will arrive at a roundabout and the ground will be opposite you on the other side of the A602.

You can also get the Arriva No.5 Bus to the ground, from Stop E at the nearby bus station. The ten minute journey costs £1.50 single, or £2.30 return. As the ground is not easily spotted in the distance, ask the driver to drop you off on Monkswood Way, opposite the entrance to the retail park.

Admission Prices

Seating:
Adults £18, Concessions £15, Under 18's £10
Family ticket (2 Adults + 2 Under 11's) £40*

Terrace:
Adults £14, Concessions £12, Under 18's £8, Under 11's £4
Family ticket (2 Adults + 2 Under 11's) £30*

Concessions apply to OAP's, Unemployed and Students.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 09 Jan 2011 17:23

IN!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 09 Jan 2011 18:42

Allocation rules say it's 15% in the FA Cup, so the probably is the whole away stand unless they can sub-divide it and the concourse in some way.

Interestingly, though, yesterday's attendance vs Newcastle was only 6,644.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 09 Jan 2011 18:58

Newcastle sold their allocation which was a touch under 1,500

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 09 Jan 2011 19:00

Wasn't it something like £30 a ticket...that would probably put some of the 'locals' off..even though it was Newcastle coming to town.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 09 Jan 2011 19:10

Turns8 Wasn't it something like £30 a ticket...that would probably put some of the 'locals' off..even though it was Newcastle coming to town.

That would put me off as well. The pricing is up to both clubs though isn't it? I can't see us accepting that. Our pricing policy for West Brom was sensible.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Jan 2011 19:14

According to the link someone put up earlier - home games at Stevenage are normally £18. How they can charge £30 I don't know, I suppose it was because it was Newcastle. As they seem less than excited to be playing us in the next round, I expect it to be nearer the £20 mark.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 09 Jan 2011 19:19

Stevenage just trying to make the most out of a capacity crowd as the money is split equally between both clubs and the FA...hence why non-league teams in the past have swap grounds in order to cash-in...

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 09 Jan 2011 20:04

T.R.O.L.I.
roadrunner Visiting supporters are situated in the all seated South stand behind one of the goals and from here you'll enjoy a fantastic unobscured view of the playing surface. The leg room, facilities and refreshments afforded inside are very good as you'd expect from a relatively new ground. The low roof also allow for a good atmosphere to be generated.

IN!!

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 09 Jan 2011 20:55

I wouldn't be that surprised if this was switched for TV - maybe on the Monday night.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 09 Jan 2011 22:01

Because of midweek fixtures for both sides on the 1st + our match with QPR already being on the Friday night (4th) I think the Monday night is probably a non starter but I could see them switching it to Friday 28th if they are really that desperate to get the game on TV.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict

by T.R.O.L.I. » 09 Jan 2011 22:02

Or lunchtime on the Saturday (as with the Stevenage v AFC Wimbledon game in round 2).

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 09 Jan 2011 22:18

T.R.O.L.I.

I've thought we've had a pretty good atmosphere at those sorts of games over the last year or so. Not been to all of them and I was sat in the otherwise empty part of the upper tier at QPR so wasn't in amongst it but thought Pompey and Watford in May were good atmosphere's (can you pluralise atmosphere?)

Heres what a Stevenage fan said on 606:

The away stand(only about 7-8 years old), holds 1400 and is fully segregated. You have an all seater covered stand. Occasionally we have given 2000 to away fans by allowing them a small section of our home seats, however this is very rare and didn't happen yesterday, so unlikely to happen for our contest.

You get your own coffee and burger stall. Although we have a club house with good size bar, a good recommendation would be the Roebuck Inn about 5 mins walk from the ground.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 09 Jan 2011 22:46

T.R.O.L.I.

TBF I can't see many making a weekend of it in sunny Stevenage.

Not when you've got Bracknell so close to home at any rate.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 10 Jan 2011 01:22

Svlad Cjelli Allocation rules say it's 15% in the FA Cup, so the probably is the whole away stand unless they can sub-divide it and the concourse in some way.

Interestingly, though, yesterday's attendance vs Newcastle was only 6,644.

According to their official website, it was sold out.. So perhaps some people couldn't make it..? Only equates to around 6.5% of people not showing, which I am sure is about average for an apparent sell out of any sporting event?

311 posts