31%
No
69%

Total votes: 67
Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Man City Tickets

by Readingfanman » 08 Mar 2011 13:45

I have 2 spare coach tickets available for anyone sitting in the home end btw.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 08 Mar 2011 13:45

Wycombe Royal
floyd__streete Given the fact that most home games are played out in front of 8000 empty seats, perhaps as a gesture of goodwill at their monumental cock-up the club might offer a free match ticket to all those who were in the 1599-600 bracket who missed out on a City ticket.

Even though many of them will have a season ticket?

'tis a gesture, could they not bring a friend? Or better still have a free seat upon which to rest their knapsack, laden with rumblestix, jester's hat and face paint.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 08 Mar 2011 13:48

Unbelievably a well known STAR member is backing the club on his Twitter on this matter. Just proves that STAR are a bunch of self serving yes men.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 08 Mar 2011 13:50

EPR
floyd__streete Given the fact that most home games are played out in front of 8000 empty seats, perhaps as a gesture of goodwill at their monumental cock-up the club might offer a free match ticket to all those who were in the 1599-600 bracket who missed out on a City ticket.

I was wondering similar - perhaps if we get to Wembley by allocating one of the decent blocks to 600-1599'ers that would otherwise [probably] sell out to the top bracket.

Surely that would just be punishing the Real fans who have 1600+ points and who supported their side at City ??? :wink:
Last edited by bigmike on 08 Mar 2011 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

26-10-06

by 26-10-06 » 08 Mar 2011 13:50

EPR

I was wondering similar - perhaps if we get to Wembley by allocating one of the decent blocks to 600-1599'ers that would otherwise [probably] sell out to the top bracket.

Never going to happen, that would be even more of an outrage than the last few days.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 08 Mar 2011 13:56

I think a much more meaningful gesture would be to offer every one with over 1000 points and no ticket a voucher to redeem against an away ticket this season.eg rfc pays for it. It would boost our away support and be appropriate as it would almost be roughly equivalent to the free travel us lucky 2800 are getting

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 08 Mar 2011 13:58

Z175 I think a much more meaningful gesture would be to offer every one with over 1000 points and no ticket a voucher to redeem against an away ticket this season.eg rfc pays for it. It would boost our away support and be appropriate as it would almost be roughly equivalent to the free travel us lucky 2800 are getting

Maybe it would be better if rather than bitching about not getting a ticket people got on with their lives and found a pub with ESPN so that they can watch the game

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 08 Mar 2011 13:58

Z175 I think a much more meaningful gesture would be to offer every one with over 1000 points and no ticket a voucher to redeem against an away ticket this season.eg rfc pays for it. It would boost our away support and be appropriate as it would almost be roughly equivalent to the free travel us lucky 2800 are getting

Everyone'll be at Ipswich!

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 08 Mar 2011 13:59

Wycombe Royal With respect though, those numbers from Seal are just made up from his own opinion......it could just as easily be argued that the games status is only 200% and the big 4 opposition only 150%. That instantly knocks off 1,500 off of the estimation......we can all make up percentages.......

Absolutely. But as I said I have got some experience of this, plus I'd be happy to justify the %'s. For example, do you think's fair to suggest that fans would be 3 times more likely to attend this game than an average Championship game (say Preston away)? I would argue it's more but I was being conservative, no question it's more than 200% as you suggest. I'm very confident if I had access to the club data I could prove it.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 08 Mar 2011 14:00

TheMaraudingDog Unbelievably a well known STAR member is backing the club on his Twitter on this matter. Just proves that STAR are a bunch of self serving yes men.

Would that be Mr FSF himself?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 Mar 2011 14:05

Wimb You can book over the phone and just collect from the stadium surely? it says the tickets went on 'open sale' Sunday. Have you tried giving them a call PEARCEY?

Ahem....bottled out of the call and did on-line as per LeicsRoyal advice. In North stand. Not ideal and I'm going to have to keep quite but going nonetheless.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 14:08

PEARCEY
Wimb You can book over the phone and just collect from the stadium surely? it says the tickets went on 'open sale' Sunday. Have you tried giving them a call PEARCEY?

Ahem....bottled out of the call and did on-line as per LeicsRoyal advice. In North stand. Not ideal and I'm going to have to keep quite but going nonetheless.

it will still be a great day out and hopefully we'll see our team onto Wembley! 8)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Mar 2011 14:10

Seal
Wycombe Royal do you think's fair to suggest that fans would be 3 times more likely to attend this game than an average Championship game (say Preston away)?

I doubt Preston away would be the average 750 attendance that you used though would it?

You cannot say that fans would be 3 times more likely - it just doesn't work like that in reality.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 08 Mar 2011 14:11

leicsRoyal
PEARCEY

it will still be a great day out and hopefully we'll see our team onto Wembley! 8)

oh and you will need to take a 5ft banana or a bouncy castle with you in there Pearcey................ forgot to tell you that bit!! :lol:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewt ... 1&t=210076

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Mar 2011 14:12

Skillz, I had no intention of going to Citeh and can now have a jolly up at Coventry on the club, thanks

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 08 Mar 2011 14:17

Jeffers217 Simply put, the club were too scared to purchase a higher allocation due our cloth cutting. We would have easily sold around 5000 tickets and it really is unfair on a lot of fans. ... it's a joke and I think the only way to sort it is to boo Madejski when he next comes on the pitch

FFS, do you really think Madejski decided how many tickets we should take?

Maybe if the several thousand away regulars we appear to have, according to this thread, actually went to away games, the club might have felt a bit more confident about selling more tickets.

For the size of our home crowds, our away support is really poor, and that must have been a big factor.

the season ticket policy is a total joke and a kick in the teeth to fans who have had to sit through some totally dire matches and have not had their money reinvested in the players a club of our statue deserves

I'm not away of any statue at the club, and fail to see how even having a very nice one would mean we deserved better players.

Assuming you mean "our stature", I'd love to know what kind of stature you think our club has.

I'd say we are an average championship club in terms of stature, but somehow you feel we are either far bigger than that, or think it's somehow a disgrace that an average championship club only fields an average championship team.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 08 Mar 2011 14:34

Wycombe Royal
Seal
Wycombe Royal do you think's fair to suggest that fans would be 3 times more likely to attend this game than an average Championship game (say Preston away)?

I doubt Preston away would be the average 750 attendance that you used though would it?

You cannot say that fans would be 3 times more likely - it just doesn't work like that in reality.

Jesus how pedantic do you want to be? Your only argument appears to be to pick (very small) holes in my 5 min calculation. I've already said I don't have the away attendances to hand, Preston was an example, although if we went there on a weekend I don't reckon we'd be far short of a 750 figure in any case.

Anyway, the point of the illustration was to show that it doesn't take much time to calculate that 2,800 was far too conservative on the club's part. A few quick assumptions and that becomes clear.

And in reality it does work like this. When working out fan attendances, prices, numbers etc you apply a combination of logic, previous stats, assumption and anecdotal evidence (plus whatever data from CRM systems you have).

If you are saying that is it illogical to think that a Reading fan would be at least 3 times more likely to want to go our first FA Cup away Q/F post war than a average championship game then I am going to have to say I massively disagree with you. Even if you took a straw pool on this board as anecdotal evidence I think you'd find your answer.

Not really sure why you are arguing here. Are you genuinely trying to say the club got it right?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 14:36

Big Foot I think I'm not alone when I say I'd rather the club bought the additional tickets from Man City on sale or return and didn't sign the cabbie from Eastleigh (who's yet to play a single minute of football).

Yet more short-sightedness from the club, I think heads should roll at STAR for this

:lol:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 14:37

RoyalBlue
Para Handy Irrespective of whether RFC should have asked for more tickets or not there's still the point that the banding of 1600 points down to 600 means that fans with 1599 points could miss out on tickets when people with 600 points could theoretically get one. How is that a fair reflection of the Royalty points system?

I've listened to Craig Mortimer's interview on BBRB this morning and I still don't understand what the club are saying about this.

When asked about the banding he replied that ... If we were able to secure more tickets we would had have to give ourselves enough time to sell them. Once you've made a decision on how many points you're going to allocate and how you're going to sell them you stick with that. .

So if this account is true/accurate, it would suggest he was somewhat less than fully honest on air to Dellor on Saturday evening when he was talking about going back to City to ask for more.

Also, perhaps not surprisingly, he is missing the points a) that they should have asked for more in the first place and b) that they should have got them on sale earlier thus enabling them to offer more narrower bands. Finally, although far from ideal, they could have split those days that they did leave themselves into two daily twelve hour bands.

McD said we could gask for more- RFC media chappy said that may not be possible due to mancity already opening up those areas to their own fans

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Mar 2011 14:38

Wizard Ok, so I didn't get tickets not fully surprised. Bit annoyed though,as I did go to Everton and I will be going to Barnsley the week after. I really wish I could get a season ticket, but I just can't. Ho hum.

plastic

where were you at stevenage?!

2304 posts