2304 posts

Have you got a ticket in the HOME end?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 67
Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: Man City Tickets

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 22:18

What a total and utter fiasco. Once again it demonstrates Madejski has no knowledge of football, heritage and more importantly Reading fans themselves. The amount of money this club has made this season and he went for a safe bet 2800 tickets because he was freighted of losing a few quid in returned tickets. It begs the question, has he any idea when RFC last played an FA Cup quarter final away game ?, of course he hasn’t because that’s to do with football not business.

Well it’s a pretty unique experience Madejski and 7000 plus fans would of liked to of seen it.

Pathetic grovelling apology on your website isn’t going to appease the fans, and it’s strange that only 1800 took up the offer of a free bus pass, perhaps tells him that many others especially us exiles would have swelled the ground making our own way.

Always about the bottom line isn’t it Madejski. There’s the fans way and there’s the Madejski way.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 10 Mar 2011 22:19

Thank God, I was just thinking this thread needed a beacon of reason to show the rest of us the way.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 10 Mar 2011 22:21

Tamworth_Royal What a total and utter fiasco. Once again it demonstrates Madejski has no knowledge of football, heritage and more importantly Reading fans themselves. The amount of money this club has made this season and he went for a safe bet 2800 tickets because he was freighted of losing a few quid in returned tickets. It begs the question, has he any idea when RFC last played an FA Cup quarter final away game ?, of course he hasn’t because that’s to do with football not business.

Well it’s a pretty unique experience Madejski and 7000 plus fans would of liked to of seen it.

Pathetic grovelling apology on your website isn’t going to appease the fans, and it’s strange that only 1800 took up the offer of a free bus pass, perhaps tells him that many others especially us exiles would have swelled the ground making our own way.

Always about the bottom line isn’t it Madejski. There’s the fans way and there’s the Madejski way.

I think you're making a massive assumption that this is anything whatsoever to do with Madejski.

Why would he get involved in operational details like this in one of his businesses? He employs people to do things like this within each business - he certainly doesn't micro-manage on anything like this. So you're poiting the finger at the wrong person with that.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2011 22:23

Don't be absurd Dirk. Good sense and reality should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good ignorant and prejudiced rant!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 Mar 2011 22:31

lowerwestjnr
adamh4608
Compo's Hat Row M in the Lower Tier arrived today.

I'm standing up and i'm sure all those going by coach won't want to be sat down all day!

(can we please play musical chairs now?)

same row as me what seat number ?

320 something, at work currently and the tickets are at home.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 22:38

Svlad Cjelli
Tamworth_Royal What a total and utter fiasco. Once again it demonstrates Madejski has no knowledge of football, heritage and more importantly Reading fans themselves. The amount of money this club has made this season and he went for a safe bet 2800 tickets because he was freighted of losing a few quid in returned tickets. It begs the question, has he any idea when RFC last played an FA Cup quarter final away game ?, of course he hasn’t because that’s to do with football not business.

I think you're making a massive assumption that this is anything whatsoever to do with Madejski.

Why would he get involved in operational details like this in one of his businesses? He employs people to do things like this within each business - he certainly doesn't micro-manage on anything like this. So you're poiting the finger at the wrong person with that.

Errrrrrrr he's the Chairman dimwit :roll: :roll:

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 22:39

prostak Thank God, I was just thinking this thread needed a beacon of reason to show the rest of us the way.

What like your poll :roll:
Last edited by Tamworth_Royal on 10 Mar 2011 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 10 Mar 2011 22:40

Tamworth_Royal Errrrrrrr he's the Chairman dimwit :roll: :roll:

Yeah - and do you really think the job description for "Chairman" includes handling operational shit like this?

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 22:44

Ian Royal Don't be absurd Dirk. Good sense and reality should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good ignorant and prejudiced rant!

So what's your view of this fiasco Ian, don't tell me Madejski was right to take just 2800 tickets?

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 22:48

Svlad Cjelli

Yeah - and do you really think the job description for "Chairman" includes handling operational shit like this?

operational shit includes grovelling apology

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2011 22:49

Tamworth_Royal
Ian Royal Don't be absurd Dirk. Good sense and reality should never be allowed to stand in the way of a good ignorant and prejudiced rant!

So what's your view of this fiasco Ian, don't tell me Madejski was right to take just 2800 tickets?

No, the club made an understandable, but stupid mistake that was nothing to do with the Chairman. It was a simple mistake that was impossible to put right and probably made by someone (middle-management?) who just didn't really stop and think about the circumstances.

They went for the safe bet of a small sale or return allocation that was still about twice the size of our better away crowds, to avoid the, relatively small, financial risk of being lumbered with a couple of thousand tickets we couldn't sell.

Shit happens... hopefully the club learn and the person who made the mistake gets an earful from his/her boss.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 10 Mar 2011 22:51

Svlad Cjelli

would have liked to have

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 10 Mar 2011 22:54

Tamworth_Royal
Svlad Cjelli

operational shit includes grovelling apology

That's the way it works - he had to get involved when people complained to him, so the apology carries some weight.

But then again, do you really think he actually sat down and wrote the apology himself? :shock:

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 22:58

Oh the Pre Madejski Simod cup final, Average home gate less than 3000, how many went to Wembley ? over 52000 Reading fans. Then Bolton Play off over 45000 Reading fans both unique events.

FA Cup quarter final away game unique event? I think so. The bottom line is Madejski and Howe thought money, not fans they bottled it on ticket numbers and now it's backlash.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2011 23:01

Tamworth_Royal Oh the Pre Madejski Simod cup final, Average home gate less than 3000, how many went to Wembley ? over 52000 Reading fans. Then Bolton Play off over 45000 Reading fans both unique events.

FA Cup quarter final away game unique event? I think so. The bottom line is Madejski and Howe thought money, not fans they bottled it on ticket numbers and now it's backlash.

Finals @ Wembley are quite a different animal to a Quarter Final in Manchester on a Sunday.

And the point being Howe and Madejski will have had almost certainly no input on this decision. Which is the point you are missing. You want to beat Madejski with a stick? Beat him with one he made a decision about.

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 10 Mar 2011 23:05

Tamworth_Royal
prostak Thank God, I was just thinking this thread needed a beacon of reason to show the rest of us the way.

What like your poll :roll:

Which poll? Is that a typo?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 10 Mar 2011 23:06

Tamworth_Royal Oh the Pre Madejski Simod cup final, Average home gate less than 3000, how many went to Wembley ? over 52000 Reading fans. Then Bolton Play off over 45000 Reading fans both unique events.

As has been pointed out, the Chairman and Chief Exec are most unlikely to have been involved in the decision to (start? with?) take 2800 tickets. RFC got it wrong, I'm not sure we will find out, much less need to know, the individuals responsible.

FWIW, I don't think it will happen next time we have an away FA Cup QF

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 23:08

Ian Royal

Finals @ Wembley are quite a different animal to a Quarter Final in Manchester on a Sunday.

And the point being Howe and Madejski will have had almost certainly no input on this decision. Which is the point you are missing. You want to beat Madejski with a stick? Beat him with one he made a decision about.

Unique events. Where's the next round being held Ian ?

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 23:15

That Friday Feeling

As has been pointed out, the Chairman and Chief Exec are most unlikely to have been involved in the decision to (start? with?) take 2800 tickets. RFC got it wrong, I'm not sure we will find out, much less need to know, the individuals responsible.

That’s reassuring as the last one was 84 years ago. That will give Madejski time to think of his excuses.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 10 Mar 2011 23:18

Tamworth_Royal
That Friday Feeling

That’s reassuring as the last one was 84 years ago. That will give Madejski time to think of his excuses.

Chairman and Chief Exec are most unlikely to have been involved in the decision Friday???

So who did Yellowcoat ?

2304 posts