6005 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Hendo » 25 Jul 2023 11:35

SouthDownsRoyal
Brogue
Hendo
I'm not 100% sure that you can if you live in UK anyway. I think people have tried before, but RFC have an exclusivity right on UK sales (as they probably should).

You can buy them from fanatics :?

Anyone got a link

https://www.fanatics.co.uk/en/efl-league-one/reading/o-2344325427+t-76962749+z-93-2579315292

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2023 10:05

Away kit formally launched

TMc makes a better model than footballer atm :)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jul 2023 11:04

Hound Away kit formally launched

Should have been Charlie!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Jul 2023 12:01

Oh do you not like him? You haven’t mentioned.

Promo vid for new kit is proper bent.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jul 2023 13:35

CountryRoyal

Oh do you not like him? You haven’t mentioned.

Promo vid for new kit is proper bent.

I’ve mentioned it about 3 times in the past month and barely ever before that

Not that I don’t like him either, just his pairing with Holmes

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 31 Jul 2023 20:29

The away shirt,
When your mum puts your new white T shirt in with your dads work clothes

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Aug 2023 19:46

Anyone had issues customising the kids shirts? If I try to add a name and number it says out of stock.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Aug 2023 08:57

Pepe the Horseman Anyone had issues customising the kids shirts? If I try to add a name and number it says out of stock.

The player(s) concerned have probably be deregistered by the FL in preparedness for the next unpaid tax bill.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 14 Aug 2023 10:09

Pepe the Horseman Anyone had issues customising the kids shirts? If I try to add a name and number it says out of stock.

Surely you're not that short.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Aug 2023 22:19

Are you on a register?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 16 Aug 2023 20:50

People are just receiving their shirts ordered online and these are being sent out :shock: :lol: :roll: you couldn’t make this shut up

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Aug 2023 06:35

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Aug 2023 16:02

SouthDownsRoyal
Brogue
Hendo
I'm not 100% sure that you can if you live in UK anyway. I think people have tried before, but RFC have an exclusivity right on UK sales (as they probably should).

Anyone got a link

I think the reality of the matter is that Reading FC (along with many other clubs) have sold their merchandising exclusivity to the useless cowboys at Fanatics. They deal with (cock up) all the online orders and also manager the Fanstore (hence change of name from Megastore).

If you order from Fanatics, expect failed shipping/delivery promises and a very long wait. You might also find they suddenly cancel your order, which they have been sitting on for weeks, with no notice, claiming 'stock issues' - this despite the fact that they continue to advertise the very same stock on their website and have loads of it sitting in the Fanstore!

Look through SM and you'll see posts from fans of other clubs complaining of similar issues and all getting the same meaningless apology template.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2023 18:53

RoyalBlue
SouthDownsRoyal
Brogue

Anyone got a link

I think the reality of the matter is that Reading FC (along with many other clubs) have sold their merchandising exclusivity to the useless cowboys at Fanatics. They deal with (cock up) all the online orders and also manager the Fanstore (hence change of name from Megastore).

If you order from Fanatics, expect failed shipping/delivery promises and a very long wait. You might also find they suddenly cancel your order, which they have been sitting on for weeks, with no notice, claiming 'stock issues' - this despite the fact that they continue to advertise the very same stock on their website and have loads of it sitting in the Fanstore!

Look through SM and you'll see posts from fans of other clubs complaining of similar issues and all getting the same meaningless apology template.

More ammo for the "Selles before we Dai" people to hit the club about the head with.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2023 19:15

A tip for those being messed around by the appalling Fanatics online ordering.

Try to get through on the phone - speak garbage and their bot will transfer you to a human a bit quicker. It will, however, take far longer than the 30 seconds wait time that the system tells you! :lol:

The phone support people are clearly thoroughly pissed off and embarrassed by the problems being experienced by customers together with the lack of info and updates being provided to customers and even themselves. They are reluctant to give you the dates that they have on their system because they have clearly come back to bite them in the past, If pushed, they will, however, do so with a lot of qualifiers. The phone support people have apparently complained in strong terms themselves to their management about the whole mess.

You will probably get offered (another) 25% discount off a future purchase by way of apology. Politely decline and suggest that you really deserve a partial refund on your existing order(s) for all of the inconvenience/delays. I know one person got a 15% refund, I got 20%, on the basis that I wouldn't cancel my online order at this moment in time.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Aug 2023 07:32

RoyalBlue A tip for those being messed around by the appalling Fanatics online ordering.

Try to get through on the phone - speak garbage and their bot will transfer you to a human a bit quicker. It will, however, take far longer than the 30 seconds wait time that the system tells you! :lol:

The phone support people are clearly thoroughly pissed off and embarrassed by the problems being experienced by customers together with the lack of info and updates being provided to customers and even themselves. They are reluctant to give you the dates that they have on their system because they have clearly come back to bite them in the past, If pushed, they will, however, do so with a lot of qualifiers. The phone support people have apparently complained in strong terms themselves to their management about the whole mess.

You will probably get offered (another) 25% discount off a future purchase by way of apology. Politely decline and suggest that you really deserve a partial refund on your existing order(s) for all of the inconvenience/delays. I know one person got a 15% refund, I got 20%, on the basis that I wouldn't cancel my online order at this moment in time.

Things were so much better before the ****** internet!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Aug 2023 10:47

Sutekh
RoyalBlue A tip for those being messed around by the appalling Fanatics online ordering.

Things were so much better before the ****** internet!

Or at least in the times before we started allowing computers to think for us!

The Fanatics AI response system has a long way to go - can't cope if you are chasing more than one order and simply doesn't know how to respond to 'Oh F8Ck Off!' :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Aug 2023 23:51

Does anyone else dislike the purple turtle kit :?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 24 Aug 2023 09:07

Pepe the Horseman Does anyone else dislike the purple turtle kit :?

Yeah. It is gimmicky nonsense.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2023 09:37

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Does anyone else dislike the purple turtle kit :?

Yeah. It is gimmicky nonsense.

Actually like it more than the comedy "skyline" shirt and the grey thing that looks like it's got a dirty stain down the front of it.

6005 posts