Re: Next seasons kit choice?

by Hendo » 24 Aug 2023 09:40

I really like all 3 this year.

Tinpot Royal

by Tinpot Royal » 24 Aug 2023 09:44

Home shirt I like from a distance
Away shirt would be fine as a training shirt, dont like it as a match shirt
3rd shirt I've almost bought a few times so I must like it (just the extortionate price of football shirts has stopped me!)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2023 09:49

Tinpot Royal Home shirt I like from a distance
3rd shirt I've almost bought a few times so I must like it (just the extortionate price of football shirts has stopped me!)

The club shop staff said you can only get the purple one online which means using fanstore :evil: so might wait until it's a tenner so there's less risk!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Aug 2023 11:16

Sutekh
Tinpot Royal Home shirt I like from a distance

The club shop staff said you can only get the purple one online which means using fanstore :evil: so might wait until it's a tenner so there's less risk!

That's ridiculous given that both the Fanstore at the SCL and the online site are 'run' by Fanatics. Purple shirt should be made available at the SCL Fanstore too, particularly given the way that Fanatics are completely messing up online deliveries for us and fans of several other clubs (e.g. Millwall, Villa and Barnsley). IMO the club need to pressurise Fanatics into getting stock into the SCL Fanstore,

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Aug 2023 12:17

NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Does anyone else dislike the purple turtle kit :?

Yeah. It is gimmicky nonsense.

I knew I could rely on you x

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 24 Aug 2023 22:39

Does the macron contract finish this year? I think I read somewhere that it does.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 25 Aug 2023 09:13

Hope we renew if it does end this year.

Their kits, whist splitting opinion sometimes, have been much more interesting than the templated kits that we got from Puma and not that I have bought one in ages, but apparently the quality is much better as well.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 25 Aug 2023 11:05

Hendo Hope we renew if it does end this year.

Their kits, whist splitting opinion sometimes, have been much more interesting than the templated kits that we got from Puma and not that I have bought one in ages, but apparently the quality is much better as well.

Listening to Tim Kilpatrick (Head of Commercial at RFC) on a recent podcast it seems that, unlike many kit manufacturers, Macron give the club pretty much a free reign when it comes to designs. The club tell them the type of things that they want and Macron then help them come up with the designs.

I just hope Fanatics don't get an even greater hold on football merchandising in the UK as I fear we could end up moving even more towards the US model and pricing.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 25 Aug 2023 11:59

Can you not buy kit from the "Megastore" any more then? Coming down for the game on Tuesday so might buy one of the new kits once I've seen it in the flesh

Tinpot Royal

by Tinpot Royal » 25 Aug 2023 12:08

Home & Away kits are in the "Megastore" 3rd kit isnt

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 25 Aug 2023 16:38

Hendo Hope we renew if it does end this year.

Yeh agreed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 25 Aug 2023 20:16

Tinpot Royal Home & Away kits are in the "Megastore" 3rd kit isnt

At the risk of being a pedant, it's no longer the Megastore and rightly so, given the pitiful range of merchandise available nowadays. It is Fanatics Fanstore. I'm really surprised that the club believe they can make more money contracting the whole operation out to those clowns and cowboys!

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Aug 2023 08:45

He doesn't like to mention, but does anyone else get the impression that RoyalBlue isn't a big fan of Fanatics?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Aug 2023 10:12

Orion1871 He doesn't like to mention, but does anyone else get the impression that RoyalBlue isn't a big fan of Fanatics?

Not sure what gave that away! :lol:

£310 worth of merchandise ordered and they've failed on every single item!

Even their call centre employees aren't fans of them - clearly fed up with having to field numerous complaints from supporters of clubs around the country and reluctant to give out updates as they 'don't want to end up disappointing you again'. The one I spoke to said that they'd repeatedly raised the non-performance issues with their management team because it was totally unacceptable.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 26 Aug 2023 12:52

Everyone who is not receiving the level of service expected should be letting the club know, after all the club are the ones with the power here.

Tinpot Royal

by Tinpot Royal » 29 Aug 2023 09:01

RoyalBlue

At the risk of being a pedant, it's no longer the Megastore and rightly so, given the pitiful range of merchandise available nowadays. It is Fanatics Fanstore. I'm really surprised that the club believe they can make more money contracting the whole operation out to those clowns and cowboys!

Well aware of the name change hence the " ", but like the Mad Stad will never be the SCL or whatever company sponsors it next, the club shop will always be the Megastore to me!

To be honest though, the range of "merch" has always been poor whoever is running it!

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Aug 2023 18:52

Tinpot Royal
RoyalBlue

Well aware of the name change hence the " ", but like the Mad Stad will never be the SCL or whatever company sponsors it next, the club shop will always be the Megastore to me!

To be honest though, the range of "merch" has always been poor whoever is running it!

Yep it is shit. I wanted some reading fc wallpaper for my daughters room and a big vinyl club badge sticker to put on the wall but they dont sell anything like that. I find it shocking they don’t sell stuff like that

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 30 Aug 2023 09:15

Tinpot Royal
RoyalBlue

I started it with " " around Megastore, as I'd not been down since the rebrand. Went in to the shop last night, very small selection compared to what there used to be in the old days (even allowing for the space they had to give over to LI too). Still it was fairly quiet and I was able to get my new shirt easily and with no queue for the tills.

Interesting to note this season's kit is probably a size smaller than all the previous kits I've had (first home shirt purchase for about 5 years). I've worn 2XL shirts for years so it'll go over jumpers etc on matchdays, but had to get a 3XL this year to be the same fit. And it's not to do with me gaining weight either, the 5 year old 2XL shirt I wore last night still fits fine.

On Strings

by On Strings » 31 Aug 2023 19:17

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul
Pepe the Horseman Does anyone else dislike the purple turtle kit :?

Yeah. It is gimmicky nonsense.

I knew I could rely on you x

The purple shirt looks awful. Away grey is dull. We did well with the home kit though.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 31 Aug 2023 19:44

Tinpot Royal
RoyalBlue

Four or five years ago, when still run by the club, I thought it had a very wide range of pretty decent merchandise at all price points too. There's nothing like that range and variety now. At the open training session I heard several people expressing their disappointment at the very limited range now available, They'd gone in with money to spend and came back out with it still in their pockets. Assuming that the club still get a percentage of sales then that's the last thing we want and need.

6005 posts