Final tickets

1424 posts
Scrappy

Re: Final tickets

by Scrappy » 20 May 2011 18:01

FWIW I was able to get online at 6am and get all the way to the purchasing page before bottling it! Didn't want to buy tickets, then find they've been cancelled. All I had to do was rejig the link from Swansea's!

tink

by tink » 20 May 2011 18:15

I'd be tempted to try this and await the email and funds being taken. If nothing came of it, i'd join the free for all - worse that could happen is you have two spare tickets, which i'm sure someone would want.

Club have also just confirmed that 18,500 tickets have been sold so far (up to 6pm) and a few hundred of the Cat 1 tickets will go on sale tomorrow morning

tink

by tink » 20 May 2011 18:16

And FWIW, Swansea tickets will not go on sale until 10am tomorrow, so in theory, we should have a dedicated service for reading fans for the first hour tomorrow morning, not that i'm expecting that to make much difference.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 May 2011 18:19

tink I'd be tempted to try this and await the email and funds being taken. If nothing came of it, i'd join the free for all - worse that could happen is you have two spare tickets, which i'm sure someone would want.

Club have also just confirmed that 18,500 tickets have been sold so far (up to 6pm) and a few hundred of the Cat 1 tickets will go on sale tomorrow morning

Personally, thats a pain in the backside, as all the indications were that these would be taken up by Corporates so I got my Cat 2's yesterday; would have happily paid the extra for the Cat 1's.....

tink

by tink » 20 May 2011 18:23

Mr Angry
tink I'd be tempted to try this and await the email and funds being taken. If nothing came of it, i'd join the free for all - worse that could happen is you have two spare tickets, which i'm sure someone would want.

Personally, thats a pain in the backside, as all the indications were that these would be taken up by Corporates so I got my Cat 2's yesterday; would have happily paid the extra for the Cat 1's.....

Yeah it is a bit of a kick in the balls to the STH who bought the best seats going, only to be told that the best seats were being kept back. Although i'm not sure i'd really want to be one of the few hundred fans in the corporate hospitality section

coyrls

Re: Wembley ticket sales so far

by coyrls » 20 May 2011 18:59

coyrls
Svlad Cjelli
coyrls
Well according to the official site, 8,000 season ticket holders bought 14,000 seats, so 25% of season ticket holders aren't even buying their second ticket. So if you apply that to 12,000 season ticket holders (which is generous as there will be some that will be away) then by the end of today you would expect 21,000 to be sold. So I wouldn't be surprised if at least half the 39,000 tickets will still be available on Saturday and I'd also be very surprised if there weren't tickets on general sale on Monday.

If we've sold 21,000 by the end of today, how will half the 39,000 still be available tomorrow?

Well because my guess is that it will end up being less than 21,000 but it's a guess.

18,500 sold and so 20,000 odd left .... so not a bad guess.

Blue Hooped Moose
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Blue Hooped Moose » 20 May 2011 20:14

So members can't choose their block tomorrow?! That's harsh...

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 20 May 2011 20:16

tink
Mr Angry

Yeah it is a bit of a kick in the balls to the STH who bought the best seats going, only to be told that the best seats were being kept back. Although i'm not sure i'd really want to be one of the few hundred fans in the corporate hospitality section

^This, i wanted cat 1 tickets as thats the supposed best. But if you have to be with only a handfull of real fans mixed in with the suits then if all goes well, I would just find myself looking at the masses wishing i was over there!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 20 May 2011 20:18

Quick question folks:

If buying in person from the TO tomorrow, can you pick the area you want your seat or is it what ever is next?

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 20 May 2011 20:24

I think you can choose block but not individual seats

EPR

by EPR » 20 May 2011 20:27

I thought it was price category only at the TO, as they're selling physical tickets off a fanfold and they don't really want to go fishing through it to find the block / seat that you want.

Online you can choose block / row, but not seats.

Dan - B15 Royal

by Dan - B15 Royal » 20 May 2011 20:29

roadrunner Quick question folks:

If buying in person from the TO tomorrow, can you pick the area you want your seat or is it what ever is next?

From what i understand, the madejski has set-up separate ticket office's around the ground for certain pricing structures for wembley. However, if you want Category 2, block 240, row 5 for example, you cant get that specific choice at the Mad stad, as the tickets on the top of pile of the pricing structure you selected to que for is where your allocated to make the process quicker.
If a specific block/row is required, ring that wembley phoneline or book online - is how i see the process.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 20 May 2011 20:38

From experience yesterday...The booths around the stadium are set up for certain category tickets...once in the queue, it soon became clear that the stewards were clearly on top of the organisation....they kept informing those waiting as to what blocks were being sold from which booths etc.

We got nearer the front of the queue and the block we thought would best suit the requirements was available so we moved in and purchased the 38 tickets...

You won't be able to pick a seat or request a row near the front or back...you will I would think be able to queue for a block, if it's available. The RFC staff were very well organised but I'm guessing if 40,000 people turn up it may not be so relaxed!!! :shock:

Damn those STH and their priority ticket purchases!!! :evil:

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 20 May 2011 21:04

That Friday Feeling
Chaney my mate bought two tickets on his boys ST, but he needed another one so he entered the same ST number and he was able to purchase it. fool proof?..yea right.

Nervous w8 for the (thieving) postie then

whereabouts in my post did I say he was a postie?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 May 2011 21:57

Just out of curiosity I just logged into the TicketZone website using one of our season tickets that I didn't need to use yesterday (just bought two tickets on the other).

I was greeted with a message telling me that I could buy 1 ticket with that membership from 9.00am tomorrow. It doesn't affect me but I hadn't realised a) That the website was stopping selling tickets to season ticket holders at normal COP today. b) That, as from tomorrow, season ticket holders can only buy one ticket.

I hope there weren't any season ticket holders planning to buy their tickets this evening and/or expecting to still be able to buy two tickets!

Incidentally the Reading FC section of TicketZone is currently experiencing higher than normal demand and sending people to the waiting room! Doesn't bode well for tomorrow, given tickets aren't even being sold at present!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 20 May 2011 22:18

We've had an email sent to us at The Tilehurst End about some of the problems people have had, we're going to try and write a piece on it and give the club the right to reply so if anyone wants to offer their experiences please email us at thetilehurstend@gmail.com ASAP Cheers.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 May 2011 22:19

RoyalBlue Incidentally the Reading FC section of TicketZone is currently experiencing higher than normal demand and sending people to the waiting room! Doesn't bode well for tomorrow, given tickets aren't even being sold at present!

Indeed, I thought they'd started selling early, but alas they seem to have stopped altogether.

The slowness might be due to Swansea general sale opening at 9pm tonight.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 May 2011 22:24

Has anyone paid for their tickets using a Nationwide Gold Credit Card? If so, has the money come out of your account yet?

I have booking confirmation and email confirmation but still no funds deducted from my account (or even pending)

I haven't received an email from TicketZone customer services advising me of a problem (I've checked my spam folder), so I'm hoping it's just that Nationwide are slow. I will start to worry if the charge doesn't show up overnight!

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 20 May 2011 22:25

Jerry St Clair The slowness might be due to Swansea general sale opening at 9pm tonight.

Confirmed. The Swansea part is having the same problem.

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 20 May 2011 22:26

RoyalBlue Has anyone paid for their tickets using a Nationwide Gold Credit Card? If so, has the money come out of your account yet?

I have booking confirmation and email confirmation but still no funds deducted from my account (or even pending)

I haven't received an email from TicketZone customer services advising me of a problem (I've checked my spam folder), so I'm hoping it's just that Nationwide are slow. I will start to worry if the charge doesn't show up overnight!

Likewise on my egg card - I booked on the phone - but things quite often take 3-4 days to show up on my statement.

1424 posts