Half Time "entertainment"

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Half Time "entertainment"

by TFF » 21 Aug 2011 15:58

A new low but what LOLs we had yesterday.

"It's time for "Guess the player" or, as we like to call it, "Reveal the Royal"".

Look, it's your game, so if you want to call it Reveal the Royal, just call it Reveal the Royal.

Anyway, sort the rules out. Last week the little lad was told he had one guess so he waited until he was sure. This week the clown taking part was allowed to guess as often as he liked.

GLOLad he did though. First tile removed, hooped shirt visible, "Adam Federici" - cue derision from all corners of the ground. Second tile, "Mario Manset". More howls of laughter - is this your first match? Third tile, "Jem Karakan". sigh, it's over at last. Poor sod.

Bring back play your shirts right.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Half Time "entertainment"

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Aug 2011 18:06

Would have been gutbusting had I won the Pizza thing yesterday

I had a whole N Stand row to my lad and myself

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 21 Aug 2011 19:15

HAHA yeh Adam Federici, what a knob!!! They should scrap all the current and past ideas and do something different. Fans crossbar challenge from the edge of the box; as most fans probably can't kick a ball!!!

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 22 Aug 2011 13:15

AthleticoSpizz Would have been gutbusting had I won the Pizza thing yesterday

I had a whole N Stand row to my lad and myself

Missed out by one bollocking row. Family in front of me helped themselves to 2 boxes and hung on to every slice not noticing me salivating down their backs.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 22 Aug 2011 16:53

rfc2001 HAHA yeh Adam Federici, what a knob!!! They should scrap all the current and past ideas and do something different. Fans crossbar challenge from the edge of the box; as most fans probably can't kick a ball!!!

Spot on - like they had at Coventry.

And spend more time on HT scores and less on messages for 'Bradley who's a totally loyal, aged 7'

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Aug 2011 21:41

Anything that involves fan participation is great. And it's a football match, so as above, the crossbar challenge, or corner flag challenge, or penalties, something like that. You could even make it a real 'competition' - pay a pound to go into the hat to be drawn for the crossbar challenge, and if you hit the bar you win the pot. If no-one makes it, the prize rolls over to the next home game. Or something like that.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 22 Aug 2011 21:44

It all just smacks of everything I h8 about the modern game.

Bah humbug.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Aug 2011 21:46

rfc2001 HAHA yeh Adam Federici, what a knob!!! They should scrap all the current and past ideas and do something different.

like nothing at all. pre-match and half-time are simply cringeworthy.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 22 Aug 2011 22:56

cmonurz Anything that involves fan participation is great.

:shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 23 Aug 2011 08:40

Whore Jackie
cmonurz Anything that involves fan participation is great.

:shock:

He should have said "anything that involves us laughing at a fat man in inappropriate shoes trying to a cross bar challenge is gr8".

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 23 Aug 2011 10:23

I'm a massive fan of the local clubs/schools penalty shoot out that we do. We're all there because we love football so works well. Plus there's always one kid a good foot shorter than everyone else that you will on to score, and it also makes me laugh when the sprinkler comes on and soaks the goalkeeper! Apart from this half-time is merely an inconvenience and is only good for stretching the old legs and checking out scores from elsewhere.

P.s Massive +1 to the crossbar challenge. Could even get away fans involved too so we can all have a good laugh! Somebody lobby the club!

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 23 Aug 2011 12:34

I did lobby the club in pretty strong terms on that questionniare they sent out.

I think they think HT entertainment is purely for kids and anyone with a mental age of over 12 and £10 in their purse ought to be down in the concourse spending it.

By way of evidence - My little one once asked, as the game kicked off, 'when's half-time?'

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 23 Aug 2011 13:59

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Aug 2011 15:32

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Aug 2011 17:25

It's all about the Thames Valley Jets.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 23 Aug 2011 18:03

'greed

*no pedalo*

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Aug 2011 20:40

I'd like to see them plug a games console into the big screen feed and have a quick game of FIFA between a home fan and an away fan.... maybe they will play the goal celebration music if the Reading fan scores.

I'm sure Electronic arts, who publish the FIFA games and advertise all around the ground will be more than willing to play ball and set this up for free.

Failing that, some sort of pub game that had fans spinning around a broom and then when dizzy, running up to try and take a penalty, That would be funny :lol:

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 23 Aug 2011 22:25

Forbury Lion I'd like to see them plug a games console into the big screen feed and have a quick game of FIFA between a home fan and an away fan.... maybe they will play the goal celebration music if the Reading fan scores.

I'm sure Electronic arts, who publish the FIFA games and advertise all around the ground will be more than willing to play ball and set this up for free.

Failing that, some sort of pub game that had fans spinning around a broom and then when dizzy, running up to try and take a penalty, That would be funny :lol:

I guess the under 12's would find it funny, what about the other 95% of people in the stadium though?

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 24 Aug 2011 02:18

TheMaraudingDog
Forbury Lion I'd like to see them plug a games console into the big screen feed and have a quick game of FIFA between a home fan and an away fan.... maybe they will play the goal celebration music if the Reading fan scores.

I guess the under 12's would find it funny, what about the other 95% of people in the stadium though?
Don't you mean the other 95% of 'Nobbers', who think they're the be-all and end-all of Reading fans and their opinions?

Magnus

by Magnus » 24 Aug 2011 10:07

:?