Half Time "entertainment"

pea
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Half Time "entertainment"

by pea » 25 Aug 2011 22:29

Did that guy think that Mario Manset was white (maybe he is, but we don't know who he is...)

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 26 Aug 2011 14:52

That Friday Feeling First tile removed, hooped shirt visible, "Adam Federici" - cue derision from all corners of the ground. Second tile, "Mario Manset". More howls of laughter - is this your first match? Third tile, "Jem Karakan". sigh, it's over at last. Poor sod.

This particular poor sod sits near us in Y23. His excuse was he couldn't see the big screen as it was too far away and he didn't have his glasses with him.

Actually much prefer this to Play Your Shirts Right (but that was the single most cringe-worthy thing about the match day experience at Reading)...

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 26 Aug 2011 18:09

I like they way the mic man reckons you can win £60, HELLO, there are 6 squares to start with so it would have to be a complete guess and he doesn't give you the chance anyway!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 26 Aug 2011 19:07

£60 and < is a pretty insignificant amount

and imho pretty tight

shouldn't think that I'd want to face the public humiliation for such a paltry sum.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 26 Aug 2011 20:28

This 'Guess the Player' thing is embarrassing, if I was a visiting supporter I'd be laughing. The half time FIFA idea sounds great though, except replace FIFA with Pro Evo. Competition is always good!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 26 Aug 2011 20:56

Thank christ that half time ciggie is still available. I would not fancy having to sit and witness this 'entertainment' on a regular basis. Even the dash to the Jazz is better than witnessing anything else on offer.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 30 Aug 2011 10:42

I once did the Play your Shirts right - and won £107 :D
'Guess the player' is terrible though. A laughing stock.
Up for the FIFA idea though - be nice to thrash some opposing fans :D
Cardiff had it right with PS3's in the concourse, and Man City's (I think) idea of shooting at an open goal from varying distances with an option to take the money before every shot was excellent.
Even a RFC quiz would be better than the current nonsense.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 Sep 2011 16:14

TheMaraudingDog
Forbury Lion I'd like to see them plug a games console into the big screen feed and have a quick game of FIFA between a home fan and an away fan.... maybe they will play the goal celebration music if the Reading fan scores.

I'm sure Electronic arts, who publish the FIFA games and advertise all around the ground will be more than willing to play ball and set this up for free.

Failing that, some sort of pub game that had fans spinning around a broom and then when dizzy, running up to try and take a penalty, That would be funny :lol:

I guess the under 12's would find it funny, what about the other 95% of people in the stadium though?
The other 95% will be checking the football scores or drinking beer on the concourse.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 04 Sep 2011 20:43

Paintballing on the pitch.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 04 Sep 2011 20:52

Has anyone ever decided to go to a football match (or decided not to go to one) on teh strength of the half-time entertainment? It's all so irrelevant I wish I knew why the club invest so much time and effort in it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Sep 2011 22:07

probably because it is only time and effort...and not the clubs money

and if a local company are paying for the prize or the pizzas, then its mutually beneficial

Guess that you are best qualified than most to get the answers to your own questions tho'

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Sep 2011 13:38

Svlad Cjelli Has anyone ever decided to go to a football match (or decided not to go to one) on teh strength of the half-time entertainment? It's all so irrelevant I wish I knew why the club invest so much time and effort in it.

They certainly don't invest any money in it. The value of the 'prizes' on offer (particularly when they take the form of a voucher for club merchandise) is embarrassing.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 05 Sep 2011 13:47

RoyalBlue
Svlad Cjelli Has anyone ever decided to go to a football match (or decided not to go to one) on teh strength of the half-time entertainment? It's all so irrelevant I wish I knew why the club invest so much time and effort in it.

They certainly don't invest any money in it. The value of the 'prizes' on offer (particularly when they take the form of a voucher for club merchandise) is embarrassing.

Indeed - but the time and effort they invest has a monetary value because the time spent organising this could otherwise be spent doing something more worthwhile.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 05 Sep 2011 19:40

Well, often the thought of observing the hilarity of a fat kid blazing a penalty over the bar was the only thing that got me down to Elm Park.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Sep 2011 19:51

Svlad Cjelli
RoyalBlue

Indeed - but the time and effort they invest has a monetary value because the time spent organising this could otherwise be spent doing something more worthwhile.

Indeed - so ensure they get some return on that in terms of appreciation (at least from the winner) by finding a sponsor, other than Skinflint 107, to put up a decent prize in return for the name mentions.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 07 Sep 2011 10:12

Family club - just think of the kids.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Sep 2011 18:33

Bring back the Half Time Burger King Penalty Shootout.

Watching a bunch of kiddiewinks run at the goal and try and score past the smallest person on the pitch was always good for a laugh. Although I'm often in the concourse at HT these days.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 07 Sep 2011 18:38

Indian food buffet in the centre circle. Queues could be a problem.

Duraroyal

by Duraroyal » 12 Sep 2011 12:44

Never mind about half time entertainment, Why Oh Why do we have to be deafened by the music that is played, a little less volume would enable us to have a chat about what we have seen in the first half. That would not take very long this week!! But seriously, what about my ear drums?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Sep 2011 13:03

i should just like to say that i thought the cheerleaders this week were very good. much more attractive than usual, and i particularly enjoyed the bit where we made them wait in the pissing rain for ten minutes, getting those white tops nice and see through before they commenced their dancing.