A33 after the game.

M U R T Y

Re: A33 after the game.

by M U R T Y » 18 Sep 2011 22:04

RoyalBlue The real idiots are the planners at RBC. Their anti-car fascists wanted people to travel to the stadium by foot. So what do they do? Fail to provide a bridge or subway to get those pedestrians across a dual carriage way, build ridiculously narrow pavements along that same dual carriage way and top it off with some poorly laid out pedestrian crossings.

Spot on - having cycled the whole stretch of the A33 to get to work, the pavement width outside the Madjeski is the narrowest part of the whole path. The crossings are ridiculous, no reason why the one heading towards J11 couldn't be twice the width

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 19 Sep 2011 17:44

Why did they remove the roundabout by PC World and replace it with traffic lights?

:roll: The traffic has only got worse.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 Sep 2011 17:46

LoyalRoyalFan Why did they remove the roundabout by PC World and replace it with traffic lights?

Because with traffic lights you can change the phasing to adjust priorities and give preference to different directions at different times of day or accroding to circumstance. With a roundabout there's no such control.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 19 Sep 2011 17:52

Svlad Cjelli
LoyalRoyalFan Why did they remove the roundabout by PC World and replace it with traffic lights?

Because with traffic lights you can change the phasing to adjust priorities and give preference to different directions at different times of day or accroding to circumstance. With a roundabout there's no such control.

So why is the traffic always bad before the match?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 Sep 2011 18:00

LoyalRoyalFan
Svlad Cjelli

So why is the traffic always bad before the match?

Because lots of people drive to the car park and surounding areas in a short period of time?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 19 Sep 2011 19:47

The rate Reading's attendances are dropping, this probably won't be a long term problem.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 19 Sep 2011 20:01

Non withstanding the paltry 6,009 crowd who watched Chelsea vs Leyton Orient in the 1981/82 season :oops:

Where were you when you were shite springs to mind!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Nov 2011 17:16

Yet again, numptys walking in the road, crossing at the roundabout or crossing at points where it's dangerous. the PAVEMENT is for walking on, not the road.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 06 Nov 2011 17:27

If you know there is a game on, why do you persist in travelling at that time?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Nov 2011 17:46

LoyalRoyalFan If you know there is a game on, why do you persist in travelling at that time?

Should I travel to the game when there isn't a game on?

Anyway, rules are rules. Just because there is a game on doesn't mean you can break the law by carelessly walking in the road and blocking off lanes for cars.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 06 Nov 2011 17:48

No Fixed Abode
LoyalRoyalFan If you know there is a game on, why do you persist in travelling at that time?

Anyway, rules are rules. Just because there is a game on doesn't mean you can break the law by carelessly walking in the road and blocking off lanes for cars.

Couldn't you make a diversion?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 06 Nov 2011 17:51

No Fixed Abode

Patience works both ways. Some drivers are so damned excited about that split second of movements that tempers fray. Cycling to the game is easier if that is an option.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Nov 2011 17:59

don't get me started on the drivers who drive in the right hand lane on the A33 back up towards town, they're supposed to go right up towards Morrissons, but they cut you up right at the last minute. Complete t0553rs.

and then there's those facking cones blocking off the left hand lane nr the dog track to let them out the car park with no warning sign the lane goes into one. Why can't they just let them out of the car park from the other exit/entrance instead of having two ways for them to get out?

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 06 Nov 2011 22:04

No Fixed Abode don't get me started on the drivers who drive in the right hand lane on the A33 back up towards town, they're supposed to go right up towards Morrissons, but they cut you up right at the last minute. Complete t0553rs.

and then there's those facking cones blocking off the left hand lane nr the dog track to let them out the car park with no warning sign the lane goes into one. Why can't they just let them out of the car park from the other exit/entrance instead of having two ways for them to get out?

Agreed and agreed!

The first junction you mention is a pet hate of mine! If I see someone doing it next to me I make a point of signalling to pull over into the right hand lane even though I'm not going to actually move, just to try and make them think a bit more! I know it sounds silly but it makes me feel like a hero! 8)

In terms of the old speedway/greyhound track, the bit they cone off was only ever designed as an entrance. Cars are meant to exit from the side and join the A33 by the traffic lights. Instead of enforcing this some muppet puts cones out to help cars navigate their way out of what is meant to be an entrance only. Causes chaos on the A33 as a lane suddenly disappears! If the car park really want to use this as an exit they should get planning permission and change the junction so cars can exit safely rather than putting cones out without permission!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Nov 2011 00:22

No Fixed Abode

What law says you can't walk in the road, M9?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 07 Nov 2011 08:06

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Nov 2011 17:55

Royal Prince
No Fixed Abode don't get me started on the drivers who drive in the right hand lane on the A33 back up towards town, they're supposed to go right up towards Morrissons, but they cut you up right at the last minute. Complete t0553rs.

Agreed and agreed!

The first junction you mention is a pet hate of mine! If I see someone doing it next to me I make a point of signalling to pull over into the right hand lane even though I'm not going to actually move, just to try and make them think a bit more! I know it sounds silly but it makes me feel like a hero! 8)

In terms of the old speedway/greyhound track, the bit they cone off was only ever designed as an entrance. Cars are meant to exit from the side and join the A33 by the traffic lights. Instead of enforcing this some muppet puts cones out to help cars navigate their way out of what is meant to be an entrance only. Causes chaos on the A33 as a lane suddenly disappears! If the car park really want to use this as an exit they should get planning permission and change the junction so cars can exit safely rather than putting cones out without permission!

I try and get over a little in the centre of the road to try and stop people cutting in. But some numptys always leave a big gap between them and the car in front so let them in.
I am really tempted to bowl straight into those cones one day so it will cause chaos and they will have to rethink the exit strategy of that car park.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Nov 2011 11:40

Row Z Royal I blame the players and Brian. If there was something worth staying to the end to watch, a greater mass of people would be moving together at the final whistle. Saftey in numbers and all that.

Brian is doing his best.

Leaving it late for that last minute goal. At least he's been successful at not scoring in the first half. :wink:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Nov 2011 14:24

Gordons Cumming
Row Z Royal I blame the players and Brian. If there was something worth staying to the end to watch, a greater mass of people would be moving together at the final whistle. Saftey in numbers and all that.

Brian is doing his best.

Leaving it late for that last minute goal. At least he's been successful at not scoring in the first half. :wink:

anyway thats clearly bollox, even in the most amazing and exiting/tense games people still leave early

its cos theyre oxf*rd
nowt to do with owt else

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 12 Nov 2011 22:27

Svlad Cjelli

"Control" my arse. Those lights are an utter disaster. Its made traffic worse in every direction. The excuse was that traffic was stacking-up towards Morrisons, but even that has got worse. It was just an obsession with control, with no benefit.