Parking around Whitley Wood Lane

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
voyager1

Parking around Whitley Wood Lane

by voyager1 » 16 Sep 2011 23:54

On a home match day, I normally park at the Holiday Inn and walk over to the chip shop across the road and the newsagent along Whitley Wood Lane if I want anything else.

I usually notice fans parking in this area and there don't seem to be any parking restrictions.

Is it safe to park there? Anyone had any bad experiences? Is it a no go area?

Scrappy

Re: Parking around Whitley Wood Lane

by Scrappy » 18 Sep 2011 01:50

In the 10+ years I've only had 2 incidents, 1 brick through a window and someone knocked my wing mirror off. It's safe as long as you don't park like a total arse.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Sep 2011 10:15

Scrappy In the 10+ years I've only had 2 incidents, 1 brick through a window and someone knocked my wing mirror off. It's safe as long as you don't park like a total arse.

:shock: That's a good record? Hate to think what a bad one would be like?

Personally I would prefer to fork out £7 for parking and started to after someone decided to damage my car when I used to park it near the old sewerage works.

However, I do not understand why anyone uses the Holiday Inn car park when the Premier Foods car park is slightly closer to the stadium, also costs £7 but pays a minimum 75% of that to charity (this year Help for Heroes). That donation to charity makes the £7 feel a lot less painful!

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 18 Sep 2011 11:55

we always park in the small gravel car park at the basingstoke road end of acre road. we normally get there for around 13:45 and there are spaces. never seen any vandalism of any kind but you are warned that you park at your own risk.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2011 17:17

Friday's Legacy we always park in the small gravel car park at the basingstoke road end of acre road. we normally get there for around 13:45 and there are spaces. never seen any vandalism of any kind but you are warned that you park at your own risk.
nice one :roll: ....you better turn up half an hour earlier for your parking space from now on

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 18 Sep 2011 18:43

AthleticoSpizz
Friday's Legacy we always park in the small gravel car park at the basingstoke road end of acre road. we normally get there for around 13:45 and there are spaces. never seen any vandalism of any kind but you are warned that you park at your own risk.
nice one :roll: ....you better turn up half an hour earlier for your parking space from now on

I used to park there. I had my car broken into - they screwdrivered the lock and took my remote control for me stereo - luckily they didnt nick anything from my boot as I had a good few hundred £'s worth of stereo stuff.

Then a couple of weeks later they bricked the window of my mates car and took all his £1 coins - about 20 I think - and he clearly knew it was his own fault.

Never parked there again.

Christof

by Christof » 18 Sep 2011 20:53

Likewise, car got screwdrivered there, never again - beware.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Sep 2011 21:23

Matt de K my remote control for me stereo

Huh??? You had a remote control for your car radio?? :| How small are your arms?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 18 Sep 2011 21:52

What about one of the car parks in Green Park? Free...........

Used to park there, is it still an option?

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 18 Sep 2011 23:37

Matt de K
AthleticoSpizz

I used to park there. I had my car broken into - they screwdrivered the lock and took my remote control for me stereo - luckily they didnt nick anything from my boot as I had a good few hundred £'s worth of stereo stuff.

Then a couple of weeks later they bricked the window of my mates car and took all his £1 coins - about 20 I think - and he clearly knew it was his own fault.

Never parked there again.

That's where we had the brick through the window, about 8 years ago at a midweek game.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 19 Sep 2011 09:38

SpaceCruiser
Matt de K my remote control for me stereo

Huh??? You had a remote control for your car radio?? :| How small are your arms?

You clearly know nothing about car stereos, therefore I'm out of this conversation

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 19 Sep 2011 09:38

Scrappy That's where we had the brick through the window, about 8 years ago at a midweek game.

Yeah - that's probably the same time mine got done apart from ours both got done on a Saturday afternoon

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 19 Sep 2011 12:42

i always always park behind lidl......never had any problem at all and its free

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 20 Sep 2011 11:46

If you go right down past the chip shop, i think about 500m on the right is a small bunch offices (about 100 yards before the dentist/surgery) There is a small car park round the back with up to 20-30 spaces, and has CCTV covering it, have only ever seen 3-4 cars parked in there.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 20 Sep 2011 12:41

Used to park in or around Greenfields Road behind Lidl. Broken into thanks to a brick through a window after one of the infamous Walsall trilogy games. After QPR (Murty penalty) came back to find tyre slashed. Almost grateful as the scrots on most other cars around mine had had 2 tyres done and when you only have 1 spare.........

Now park in Terranova, only a fiver for piece of mind.

Never again.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 Sep 2011 13:41

SymonsO That place in Pingewood (over the bridge) just off of Green Park is good. It costs £3 I think but is a 5-10 min walk to the stadium and pretty secure, also avoids any traffic.

Last few seasons there wasn't a car park there and it was on road parking which was generally hassle free except one occasion vs Liverpool when they really did rob our stereos.

Happy to pay £3 for the extra security.

Sorry to be a pain but how do you get there please? Is it a big car park? (If not, I could understand if you don't want to publish details too widely and find you can't park there yourself!)

StevenKelliher

by StevenKelliher » 29 Sep 2011 16:49

Well if any of you need a parking space,i've got an unused driveway in Basingstoke Road that can be used on match day. It can easily fit 2 cars. All i ask is that you give me a few days notice.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 30 Sep 2011 09:57

Park in Greenfields Road.

It's a quite old road, safe as you like and there's an alley through to the Basingstoke Road by the park. 15 minute walk to the Madstad.
Last edited by roadrunner on 30 Sep 2011 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Sep 2011 10:52

voyager1 On a home match day, I normally park at the Holiday Inn and walk over to the chip shop across the road and the newsagent along Whitley Wood Lane if I want anything else.

I usually notice fans parking in this area and there don't seem to be any parking restrictions.

Is it safe to park there? Anyone had any bad experiences? Is it a no go area?

no problems from me, having parked there loads.
but then my car is so full of rubbish that they probably thought it had been abandoned and wasnt worth nicking

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Sep 2011 22:50

Gordons Cumming What about one of the car parks in Green Park? Free...........

Used to park there, is it still an option?

Sssshhhh!!!!

20 posts   •   Page 1 of 1