does STAR do a good enough job for reading fans?

130 posts
postwhisperer

does STAR do a good enough job for reading fans?

by postwhisperer » 18 Sep 2011 20:31

im on the fence right now leaning towards no. people come and go pointing out problems with the club and its really STARs job to tackle the issues. instead of going on and on about dead subjects like standing and the 39th game (which is not much of a worry anymore dudes) why dont they attack the club with the post match safety issues.. just curious.. are they sleeping with the club a bit too much. please discuss. i would like to see a better organization to represent the fans

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: does STAR do a good enough job for reading fans?

by Friday's Legacy » 18 Sep 2011 20:33

why don't you get the ball rolling and tell us all what they do do first? it sounds to me like you actually don't know an awful lot about STAR.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2011 20:38

postwhisperer im on the fence right now leaning towards no. people come and go pointing out problems with the club and its really STARs job to tackle the issues. instead of going on and on about dead subjects like standing and the 39th game (which is not much of a worry anymore dudes) why dont they attack the club with the post match safety issues.. just curious.. are they sleeping with the club a bit too much. please discuss. i would like to see a better organization to represent the fans
you try leading the way...my friend

did you even know that there is a star up in the sky called Jamie Cureton?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Sep 2011 20:40

postwhisperer im on the fence right now leaning towards no. people come and go pointing out problems with the club and its really STARs job to tackle the issues. instead of going on and on about dead subjects like standing and the 39th game (which is not much of a worry anymore dudes) why dont they attack the club with the post match safety issues.. just curious.. are they sleeping with the club a bit too much. please discuss. i would like to see a better organization to represent the fans

You know.... this is actually for the club policies. GTFO

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2011 20:43

top post spaccy..now you GTFO

pardon
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 18 Sep 2011 20:45, edited 1 time in total.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Sep 2011 20:45

STARofl!

More interested in getting their tongues up the club's arse.

postwhisperer

by postwhisperer » 18 Sep 2011 20:45

if i posted this in club policies i would be preaching to the choir so to speak in the team there is more room for debate. im not knocking star they do a good job organizing coaches. but i dont want them to have to organize coaches to the funeral for the fans that get run over.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Sep 2011 20:57

postwhisperer i dont want them to have to organize coaches to the funeral for the fans that get run over.

:lol:

STAR? They don't really have an awful lot to campaign about really. For all our gripes about John Madj, there are no real apparent alarming issues about the way the club is run. The hopeless situation with the stewarding - which is the most OTT in all of the 70+ league grounds I have been to - is an annoyance; STAR will say they have organised stewarding forums before, but the short answer is that the club is very proud of it's Family Club of the Year certificates and somehow equates people standing up and shouting to something akin to the breakdown of the fabric of society. I am sure that STAR will sadly echo the club's view.....don't like it, go somewhere else.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 18 Sep 2011 21:05

Can't really argue with any of that tbf floyders. STAR unfortunately now have fewer teeth than Iwan Roberts and the club seem to just ride roughshod over them.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Sep 2011 21:06

AthleticoSpizz top post spaccy..now you GTFO

pardon

What is your problem? I dunno, lol.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 18 Sep 2011 21:07

postwhisperer but i dont want them to have to organize coaches to the funeral for the fans that get run over.

Last edited by roadrunner on 18 Sep 2011 21:12, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2011 21:08

(RenaultSpaceCruiser)the subtle delete (by myself)

spared you the wrath of my tongue...you clueless bum
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 18 Sep 2011 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Sep 2011 21:09

I'd be genuinely interested in STAR's angle on my post on this thread, tbf they always respond to points raised on HNA:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109185&p=3068691#p3068691

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Sep 2011 21:15

AthleticoSpizz (RenaultSpaceCruiser)the subtle delete (by myself)

spared you the wrath of my tongue...you clueless bum

Manuel Que?

Anyway, interesting that Floyd has such a beef against STAR. I wonder how many STAR members/non-members have a beef about their forums being inaccessible? Especially for those who live far away (they've stopped doing those transcribations) and those who are hard of hearing. I'd filled in the STAR survey and mentioned that they could improve those forums to make it easier for those with problems to be able to follow what is being said. No doubt my comments will be met with a resounding silence as I think not many people care about the deaf, eh!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Sep 2011 21:23

I don't have any beef at all with STAR, I was - as usual - just calling it as I see it and I'd be genuinely interested in STAR's views on filming of spectators in Y25 and 26 as well as the heavy handed stewarding towards smaller away supports. I know some of the people on the STAR board, I admire and respect the fact that they give up their free time to meet with the club to put across fans views.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Sep 2011 21:26

floyd__streete I don't have any beef at all with STAR

Sorry, I thought you were beefing. Never mind. Still, I hope you're having a pleasant evening.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 18 Sep 2011 21:31

floyd__streete
postwhisperer i dont want them to have to organize coaches to the funeral for the fans that get run over.

:lol:

STAR? They don't really have an awful lot to campaign about really. For all our gripes about John Madj, there are no real apparent alarming issues about the way the club is run. The hopeless situation with the stewarding - which is the most OTT in all of the 70+ league grounds I have been to - is an annoyance; STAR will say they have organised stewarding forums before, but the short answer is that the club is very proud of it's Family Club of the Year certificates and somehow equates people standing up and shouting to something akin to the breakdown of the fabric of society. I am sure that STAR will sadly echo the club's view.....don't like it, go somewhere else.

Agree with all of this.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 18 Sep 2011 21:33

The legal position is that when purchasing a ticket for the match you consent to the ground conditions, which include consenting to have your image recorded and that image stored for up to seven years (although in reality I believe that they're not stored for that long.) It routinely happens to just about everyone at the ground, except that it's done by CCTV under the roof and so is much less visible and intrusive, but it certainly happens.

The moral position, on the other hand, is that such hand-held filming it's almost guaranteed to inflame people - being filmed so overtly and so blatantly intrusively could almost be calculated to turn the mildest, most law-abiding citizen in the ground into a seething lump of resentment. IMHO it's totally unnecessary (when there's roof-mounted CCTV) and I'm convinced it's done much more for intimidation and giving a sense of control than for legitimate reasons of crowd-management.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 19 Sep 2011 12:50

Any idea how many people are stopped and frisked before entering the ground btw? Only, I'm still getting my handbag searched as the steward I spoke to said they had to be vigilant and were on the look out for miniature bottles of alcohol. :| You'd think after seeing how I abuse my body by drinking their white wine in the concourse, they'd concentrate on some other people who could be carrying alcohol/some sort of weapon. :|

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 19 Sep 2011 12:52

Royal Lady Any idea how many people are stopped and frisked before entering the ground btw? Only, I'm still getting my handbag searched as the steward I spoke to said they had to be vigilant and were on the look out for miniature bottles of alcohol. :| You'd think after seeing how I abuse my body by drinking their white wine in the concourse, they'd concentrate on some other people who could be carrying alcohol/some sort of weapon. :|

It varies from gate to gate - and from risk of match to risk of match. But around the South end of the East Stand I think the policy is 100% searches.

130 posts