Kit - Hoops All The Way Round?

145 posts

Would you like to see the hoops go all the way round the shirt?

YES
84%
NO
3%
DON'T CARE
12%

Total votes: 201
No Fixed Abode

Re: Kit - Hoops All The Way Round?

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Apr 2012 17:34

Friday's Legacy
No Fixed Abode Will be scheduling a meeting with Puma in the next few weeks. I've heard the collar is going to V neck on the home shirt for next season. One half of the collar being blue, one half white. I'll give more details as soon as I know.

A long summer ahead of NFA mentioning every possible configuration for the new home shirt and then claiming he told us first.

The design of the shirt was in place some months ago. If you don't already know for a fact what it looks like then you might as well give up now and save yourself further embarrassment.

Brilliant work on the blue and white though.

I think I gave a little more detail just than 'blue and white'. Read again m8.

V Neck
One half of the v neck is BLUE and the other half is White.

*Funny how I knew what the home shirt was last season and told you the away was ALL Red. Complete guess though.

Muguire

by Muguire » 22 Apr 2012 17:36

No Fixed Abode Will be scheduling a meeting with Puma in the next few weeks. I've heard the collar is going to V neck on the home shirt for next season. One half of the collar being blue, one half white. I'll give more details as soon as I know.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick :!: :!:

Same shit every year and you're never right.

If you genuinly knew what the new shirt was then you'd wait until 100% (not making loads of posts on it) and then we'll see how reliable you are then...... :roll: :!: :!:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 22 Apr 2012 17:39

Muguire

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick :!: :!:

Same shit every year and you're never right.

If you genuinly knew what the new shirt was then you'd wait until 100% (not making loads of posts on it) and then we'll see how reliable you are then...... :roll: :!: :!:

Facts are facts m8. If you trawl this site, you will see I was correct. 8)

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 30 Jun 2012 12:55

The kit is not perfect but on behalf of everyone in the 'Hoops all the way round' campaign, I would like to claim VICTORY.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 01 Jul 2012 12:35

The next step will be to see if they are retained next season

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 01 Jul 2012 13:07

Sat here and re-read the whole thread. An utterly abhorrent attitude from STAR who, despite having been somewhat helpful to me personally in the past, are not interested in taking the lead in issues that fans want taken up. A seriously more pro-active approach should be taken up whereby STAR should be suggesting that they will front any activity, not sit in the background and suggest everybody else do the donkey-work for them to approach the club. I think it is fair to say that STAR would get more volunteers, respect, and therefore members, than they get at the moment.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 01 Jul 2012 15:34

handbags_harris Sat here and re-read the whole thread. An utterly abhorrent attitude from STAR who, despite having been somewhat helpful to me personally in the past, are not interested in taking the lead in issues that fans want taken up. A seriously more pro-active approach should be taken up whereby STAR should be suggesting that they will front any activity, not sit in the background and suggest everybody else do the donkey-work for them to approach the club. I think it is fair to say that STAR would get more volunteers, respect, and therefore members, than they get at the moment.

After reading your post I re-read the whole thread too and I totally agree with what you've wrote. I think STAR should tell how many members they do have and see how that corresponds to club figures on our support, I personally think the percentages will be about the same. I don't think we should be too surprised though as they are really just another mouth piece for the club.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Jul 2012 07:49

handbags_harris Sat here and re-read the whole thread. An utterly abhorrent attitude from STAR who, despite having been somewhat helpful to me personally in the past, are not interested in taking the lead in issues that fans want taken up. A seriously more pro-active approach should be taken up whereby STAR should be suggesting that they will front any activity, not sit in the background and suggest everybody else do the donkey-work for them to approach the club. I think it is fair to say that STAR would get more volunteers, respect, and therefore members, than they get at the moment.

Interesting this was already being discussed on here before the fans forum! Attitudes towards STAR have been something of a powder keg for a while, so I guess no so surprising that was so much uproar over the farce.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 20 Jul 2012 08:49

I haven't read the whole thread again but got to page 2 where I asked how would you force the club to change.

Can you answer that?

STAR is accused of not representing the supporters but what is really meant is not achieving what the supporters want. Representation is voicing the views and we have done that to the extent that we get a 'not again' attitude, followed by this season 'I hope you will be content that the hoops go all the way round' so maybe our representation has finally got a result.

Not that I expect any acknowledgement on here, as it would seem that the preferred approach is to shout at the club. My experience in this role is that it would have the opposite result of what you want but STAR could get kudos on here. I would prefer to actually try to get things done whether or not HNA approves. I suspect this will elicit comments on my smugness, maybe that is right but at least I have put the hours in.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Jul 2012 08:58

No criticism here that sounds like a result.

A bit of smugness and a few snide remarks go a long way on here too so I wouldn't worry about that at all.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 20 Jul 2012 10:05

starliaison

I haven't read the whole thread again but got to page 2 where I asked how would you force the club to change.

Can you answer that?

STAR is accused of not representing the supporters but what is really meant is not achieving what the supporters want. Representation is voicing the views and we have done that to the extent that we get a 'not again' attitude, followed by this season 'I hope you will be content that the hoops go all the way round' so maybe our representation has finally got a result.

Not that I expect any acknowledgement on here, as it would seem that the preferred approach is to shout at the club. My experience in this role is that it would have the opposite result of what you want but STAR could get kudos on here. I would prefer to actually try to get things done whether or not HNA approves. I suspect this will elicit comments on my smugness, maybe that is right but at least I have put the hours in.

The club's attitude obviously stinks, and just tow the line with whatever template Puma throw at them. Probably the only way that the club will change their approach would be to see sales results increase when we have a shirt with hoops. Either that or survey results from teh supprters that states that they are more likely to buy a replica shirt if it contains full hoops.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 20 Jul 2012 10:19

M U R T Y
starliaison

Can you answer that?

The club's attitude obviously stinks, and just tow the line with whatever template Puma throw at them. Probably the only way that the club will change their approach would be to see sales results increase when we have a shirt with hoops. Either that or survey results from teh supprters that states that they are more likely to buy a replica shirt if it contains full hoops.

Precisely, we are told that sales do not drop when the hoops do not go all the way round.

Maybe that means that some will buy the shirt whatever, but it may also mean that although there are a large number that feel strongly about it there is an much larger number that do not care that much. Who knows, but as long as the shirts are selling the club believes is it not doing much wrong.

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 20 Jul 2012 10:53

What would be a refreshing thing to see then, if the hoops has no effect on sales either way, maybe the club could acknowledge that Reading FC have historically worn blue and white hoops, and that a portion of fans are vocal in seeing this on our annual kit refresh, that they will make every effort to keep that tradition - that would send a positve message to the fans that they do actually give a shit to what their customers actually prefer

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 20 Jul 2012 19:48

starliaison Representation is voicing the views and we have done that to the extent that we get a 'not again' attitude, followed by this season 'I hope you will be content that the hoops go all the way round' so maybe our representation has finally got a result.

I've always wondered who it is that decides what kit we'll have. Is it a secret?

If the club is just picking the best of bad set of templates each year, does anyone at the club ever raise the question of why the designs are so bad?

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 27 Jul 2012 12:43

starliaison ... as long as the shirts are selling the club believes is it not doing much wrong.

This is of course a much wider issue than "RFC treats fans badly". Whilst we all respect the economic realities of modern football (strips, sponsors, web-pages, advertising, media players, etc), there are other measures that matter besides sales and revenues. Even the PM commenting on the wider economy has been raising proposed measures of well-being, satisfaction, happiness, etc.

Not everything that counts can be counted.

(Good result BTW on getting real hoops back.)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Jul 2012 15:45

M U R T Y
starliaison

Can you answer that?

:roll:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 27 Jul 2012 15:48

M U R T Y What would be a refreshing thing to see then, if the hoops has no effect on sales either way, maybe the club could acknowledge that Reading FC have historically worn blue and white hoops, and that a portion of fans are vocal in seeing this on our annual kit refresh, that they will make every effort to keep that tradition - that would send a positve message to the fans that they do actually give a shit to what their customers actually prefer

percentage of RFC fans who give a oxf*rd about the hoops = 40%
percentage of that who actually buy shirts = 10%
percentage of that who give so much of a oxf*rd about the hoops theyd refuse to buy one that didnt have them = 20%

percentage ammounts of giving a oxf*rd the club should have towards this tiny number of fans= 0.8%

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 28 Jul 2012 19:22

melonhead
M U R T Y What would be a refreshing thing to see then, if the hoops has no effect on sales either way, maybe the club could acknowledge that Reading FC have historically worn blue and white hoops, and that a portion of fans are vocal in seeing this on our annual kit refresh, that they will make every effort to keep that tradition - that would send a positve message to the fans that they do actually give a shit to what their customers actually prefer

percentage of RFC fans who give a oxf*rd about the hoops = 40%
percentage of that who actually buy shirts = 10%
percentage of that who give so much of a oxf*rd about the hoops theyd refuse to buy one that didnt have them = 20%

percentage ammounts of giving a oxf*rd the club should have towards this tiny number of fans= 0.8%

thanks for your thoughts :roll:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 30 Jul 2012 10:24

no problem

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 01 Aug 2012 10:41

For what its worth brendy, I disagree with you.

145 posts