:|

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Website?

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Aug 2012 17:49

royalp-we Todays headline

'Postponement Gallery'

:|

The gallery has gotten worse as well. Gone high-res photos, replaced by thumbnails.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Aug 2012 18:08

The sooner they take this new web site down the better, it is an utter shambles.

Take the company to court RFC they have delivered an unusable mess that they call a web site.

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 06 Sep 2012 16:35

Have to say I thought it was very funny today when a friend of a friend contacted me out of the blue because he wanted some details on the Reading FC Academy and although knew it was a long shot "thought he'd contact me as he knew I was a Reading fan and he'd already spent ages on the club's website but found it absolutely impossible to navigate and basically completely useless on every level".

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 07 Sep 2012 02:13

Croydon Royal Have to say I thought it was very funny today when a friend of a friend contacted me out of the blue because he wanted some details on the Reading FC Academy and although knew it was a long shot "thought he'd contact me as he knew I was a Reading fan and he'd already spent ages on the club's website but found it absolutely impossible to navigate and basically completely useless on every level".

Your mate might be a fucking idiot

#justsayin'

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 07 Sep 2012 09:01

creative_username_1
Croydon Royal Have to say I thought it was very funny today when a friend of a friend contacted me out of the blue because he wanted some details on the Reading FC Academy and although knew it was a long shot "thought he'd contact me as he knew I was a Reading fan and he'd already spent ages on the club's website but found it absolutely impossible to navigate and basically completely useless on every level".

Your mate might be a fucking idiot

#justsayin'

Harsh but probably quite true. The website is still shit though.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 07 Sep 2012 20:11

It seems that a company comes to a bunch of clubs and say - hey, we are hip, we are awesome, Nottingham Forest are using us. Reading media team being the dullards that they are have a spankfest over the high resolution pictures and sign away.

It is shit, it looks shit and I cannot believe that a professional company could have their name on something like that.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 07 Sep 2012 20:14

Mike Hunt It seems that a company comes to a bunch of clubs and say - hey, we are hip, we are awesome, Nottingham Forest are using us. Reading media team being the dullards that they are have a spankfest over the high resolution pictures and sign away.

It is shit, it looks shit and I cannot believe that a professional company could have their name on something like that.

the contract with them was signed years and years ago....before football clubs knew anything about t'interweb.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 07 Sep 2012 21:55

Alexander Litvinenko
Mike Hunt It seems that a company comes to a bunch of clubs and say - hey, we are hip, we are awesome, Nottingham Forest are using us. Reading media team being the dullards that they are have a spankfest over the high resolution pictures and sign away.

the contract with them was signed years and years ago....before football clubs knew anything about t'interweb.

Didn't they sign a 20 year deal when the internet had only been in the average home for 2 years or something?

Obviously hind sight is a wonderful thing, and noone can read the future, but that decision does seem incredibly rash.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 07 Sep 2012 23:19

I don't think it's as bad as people are making out. Viewed on chrome using a Mac.

Am i missing something? I wish they didn't have the adds in the mega menu but don't find it so bad.

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 09 Sep 2012 10:05

creative_username_1 I don't think it's as bad as people are making out. Viewed on chrome using a Mac.

Am i missing something? I wish they didn't have the adds in the mega menu but don't find it so bad.

You maybe missing something, here's an example -the last time (about a week ago) I accessed the website, it was to follow a link posted on Twitter. I arrived at a greyed out screen with no obvious way of seeing the information or interacting with it. Unlike most web uses I persisted and found if I scrolled down for about 3 pages, I could click a tiny link to "enter" the website and this fixed the problem. No sane person would design a website like this.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 09 Sep 2012 22:18

It's total shit. There is no debating it. We all think it's shit, the club have said it's total shit. It's total shit.

Hopefully when the contract runs out we will be an established Prem team and will be able to create our own.

I don't know how many times I've said this in this thread but I'll say it again in the hope someone at RFC reads it:

Hire a web developer to create a new website, complete with a mobile app for all smartphones and something to replace the shitty Reading Player service and make it all free to use.
Get someone from the media department (i.e the guys that post that pointless shit on Twitter) to go around with a camera for content for the website

Not sure how much more it would cost but it would be worth it. Can't let some shitty company be in charge of representing the club online. Leaves a shit first impression and needs to be improved if we are serious about becoming a top 10 club (no top 10 clubs use this shitty company AFAIK).

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 10 Sep 2012 00:48

Can someone give me an example of a club with a good site. Just a quick look through and they're all pretty poor

Man City is prolly the best of the bunch but it has it problems

Nobby

by Nobby » 16 Sep 2012 13:53

Just looked at Brighton's site on my phone and it looks just like ours used to look. Much better than the useless one we have now.

royalsteve

New RFC Website Rubbish?

by royalsteve » 27 Sep 2012 19:08

Hands up who thinks its utter s***e. I could develope better with my eyes shut.

When I spoke to the ticket office they said it was a premier league requirement and they gave them the requirements really late.

The fixture list is a joke -

eg QPR A 2-3 is illogical. whats wrong with RFC first and oppoistion last format as thats been fine for yesterday. The colour coding idea, etc looks like something devised by a clueless illogical moron who has the intelligent of a dead pigeon. Apparently we beat Chelsea 4-2 and albion 1-0.

Anyone tried accessing the site on an Android mobile - hahahahahahahaha good luck if you havent, clue, dont bother

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

Re: New RFC Website Rubbish?

by Alexander Litvinenko » 27 Sep 2012 19:13

If only we had an 11-page thread discussing this .....

:arrow: http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113281

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 30 Sep 2012 09:37

The site is shit, if it ain't broke don't fix it. It was so user friendly before which is the most important thing for any site now it is painful to use

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 01 Oct 2012 13:03

srsly can someone ask me to do a few actions on the site i.e. navigate to x,y,z I don't really see too many problems
with it. Not saying it's great but i can't think of too many CMS's that are

I haven't had too many problems with it. Ticketing isn't great

I hardly ever use it tbf

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 03 Oct 2012 10:33

It's improved over the past couple of months but it's still got teething problems. Happy to give it the benefit of the doubt for the time being and know that there's little Reading can do about it other than hound the developers.

me

by me » 25 Oct 2012 17:26

It seems the new mobile site is live

255 posts