Viagogo Ripoff

290 posts
dean horrix legend

Re: Viagogo Ripoff

by dean horrix legend » 24 Jan 2013 17:48

Help needed. My dad is 72 and doesn't go to evening games anymore, so he won't be going to the Chelsea game,and would like to sell his ticket rather than let it go to waste.

What is the best way to do this?

JayRoyal

by JayRoyal » 24 Jan 2013 18:16

I totally wanna come down for the Chelsea game but the train ticket prices from here to Reading are ludicrous

how cheap are flights?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 24 Jan 2013 18:18

dean horrix legend Help needed. My dad is 72 and doesn't go to evening games anymore, so he won't be going to the Chelsea game,and would like to sell his ticket rather than let it go to waste.

Put something on classifieds. Assuming you're going, you can meet the person at the ground, give them your dad's ST and get it back from them as soon as you're through the turnstile.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 24 Jan 2013 18:39

southbank1871
dean horrix legend Help needed. My dad is 72 and doesn't go to evening games anymore, so he won't be going to the Chelsea game,and would like to sell his ticket rather than let it go to waste.

Put something on classifieds. Assuming you're going, you can meet the person at the ground, give them your dad's ST and get it back from them as soon as you're through the turnstile.

That would be ideal but I don't go anymore. Any other ways that you know of?

.:BigDaveInTheDungeon:.

by .:BigDaveInTheDungeon:. » 24 Jan 2013 20:42

I wonder if they will start getting first priority on tickets like they do at music events. An investor could have a potential of good returns on owning a few seats if we stay up.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Jan 2013 16:58

dean horrix legend
southbank1871

That would be ideal but I don't go anymore. Any other ways that you know of?

Put it on classifieds, anyway, someone from here may be interested and pay for the upgrade, and collect and drop ticket back, do put where ticket needs to be collected from though.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 28 Jan 2013 11:30

Took the easy option and upgraded it to an adult for myself. £22.00 did take me by surprise though. :shock:

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 18 Feb 2013 22:40

This is more complicated than I thought. Because I am going to be otherwise engaged at the time I thought I would list my season ticket seat for Reading v QPR on 27 April. Despite the match appearing on the Viagogo website, I couldn't list my seat for sale. On contacting Viagogo (thinking there was a fault on the site) I got the following reply:

" ..... We can assure you that your season ticket is linked to your Viagogo account. The reason that you cannot list for all matches, is that we require approval from Reading FC before we can allow sellers to list tickets. As soon as we receive this approval, you will be able to list your tickets as long as you have purchased them on your season ticket. ....."

So Viagogo can list their own pre-allocation of tickets for sale, but we can't list our own tickets on the website until RFC graciously grant permission to do so? Curious indeed!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Feb 2013 09:08

Upper West Ginger This is more complicated than I thought. Because I am going to be otherwise engaged at the time I thought I would list my season ticket seat for Reading v QPR on 27 April. Despite the match appearing on the Viagogo website, I couldn't list my seat for sale. On contacting Viagogo (thinking there was a fault on the site) I got the following reply:

" ..... We can assure you that your season ticket is linked to your Viagogo account. The reason that you cannot list for all matches, is that we require approval from Reading FC before we can allow sellers to list tickets. As soon as we receive this approval, you will be able to list your tickets as long as you have purchased them on your season ticket. ....."

So Viagogo can list their own pre-allocation of tickets for sale, but we can't list our own tickets on the website until RFC graciously grant permission to do so? Curious indeed!

Not really. RFC want to try to sell any spare tickets that they have, before giving you the opportunity to get your money back for a game you can't attend. Therefore Viagogo is of no use at all to season ticket holders other than for sold out games. And Viagogo can sell theirs before season ticket holders because RFC have sold their soul to them and therefore have to look after them before their season ticket holders.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 07 Mar 2013 21:56

Just looking for Liverpool tickets and the sold out nature, so had a look on viagoripoff and was disgusted to see SOUTH Stand tickets on sale at £89 each!!!!!

This is pure touting without rain mac man standing outside the ground.

Disgusted of Tewkesbury. (I shall write to my MP. Who couldn't give a shite 'cos I live in Tewkesbury)

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 08 Mar 2013 07:46

One could almost buy a number of season tickets and sell off every matchday ticket on viagogo to make a profit....... 8)

Divvy

by Divvy » 08 Mar 2013 17:12

soggy biscuit One could almost buy a number of season tickets and sell off every matchday ticket on viagogo to make a profit....... 8)

The odds are you wouldn't always sell though, but in the same breath, you get the points and keep your favoured seat. Small loss or small profit, if I couldn't go very often any more then I'd still renew and sell for each game.

Viagogo would be no good to us in the Championship though.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 10 Mar 2013 16:42

soggy biscuit One could almost buy a number of season tickets and sell off every matchday ticket on viagogo to make a profit....... 8)

Not next year they couldn't.

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 12 Mar 2013 23:44

Continuing my vigil watching the Liverpool tickets on the "official" only place to buy them.

It states "Reading FC are not the seller"

There are currently 14 tickets available in the south stand, priced £75 upwards. All of these are in rows JJ and KK. There is one ticket available in the East.

Now...... No slander on the club, but HOW do you end up with 14 tickets in an area where members have to buy tickets, or people have to ring up and buy them, and then have that many on sale, ALL IN 2 ROWS AT THE BACK OF THE STAND??????????

Just an enormous coincidence???????? I am sure it is.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 13 Mar 2013 00:48

A sudden outbreak of toutitus no doubt.

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 14 Mar 2013 08:46

notloyalenuffroyal Continuing my vigil watching the Liverpool tickets on the "official" only place to buy them.

It states "Reading FC are not the seller"

There are currently 14 tickets available in the south stand, priced £75 upwards. All of these are in rows JJ and KK. There is one ticket available in the East.

Now...... No slander on the club, but HOW do you end up with 14 tickets in an area where members have to buy tickets, or people have to ring up and buy them, and then have that many on sale, ALL IN 2 ROWS AT THE BACK OF THE STAND??????????

Just an enormous coincidence???????? I am sure it is.

Because as part of the deal Reading FC allocate a block of tickets for Viagogo to sell for each match. If you look at the Reading v QPR mastch on the Viagogo website the only tickets available at the moment are South stand block R32 at the back, which are all part of the Viagogo block allocation (since the game hasn't been opened up to ST holders to exchange yet). Presumably it is up to Viagogo to judge the market and set the price levels as they go along.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Apr 2013 19:03

I've just sold my City tickets as well.

I was nice about it & only charged the minimum amount allowed £45 per ticket. (Kinda wish I'd asked for more but don't want to be a touting arsehole)

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 12 Apr 2013 19:26

Thankfully we won't have this problem next season.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 12 Apr 2013 19:31

The thread title has proven very ironic. I've made my money back on my season ticket this season and more. Viagogo is absolutely brilliant. And I'm not 'plastic' by any stretch, but a few games I haven't been able to go because of work, I have sold and profited each time. Brilliant!

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 12 Apr 2013 19:45

Jay o/ The thread title has proven very ironic. I've made my money back on my season ticket this season and more. Viagogo is absolutely brilliant. And I'm not 'plastic' by any stretch, but a few games I haven't been able to go because of work, I have sold and profited each time. Brilliant!

Not sure ripping off fellow fans is something to boast about tbh...

290 posts