Season tickets 2013/14

585 posts
No Fixed Abode

Re: Season tickets 2013/14

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Jul 2013 15:26

Alexander Litvinenko
No Fixed Abode They included late ST renewals in the figure.

Even if that sentence wasn't completely meaningless, why shouldn't renewals (whenever they happen to be made) count in the figure?

Because they're not actually tickets sold. HTH

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Jul 2013 15:35

Royal Lady
Pepe the Horseman
Deadlock Sit just behind Mr Shouty, Bald Bloke and Moaning Old Git.
Would be amusing if you were one of those.

I sit in front of fat bloke who wears just a t-shirt even in the winter. Is that you?
You're Y24 Pepe :roll: Deadlock sits across in the next block - which is Y23.

Upd8! I just looked at my season ticket, and I am indeed Y23. IN YOUR FACE.

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 17 Jul 2013 15:52

No Fixed Abode They included late ST renewals in the figure. Actual number sold is nearer 12k. HTH.

No it isn't. Your shit is getting weaker, Kes.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Jul 2013 15:54

Judge Drenthe
No Fixed Abode They included late ST renewals in the figure. Actual number sold is nearer 12k. HTH.

No it isn't. Your shit is getting weaker, Kes.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 17 Jul 2013 15:56

My wife and I are thinking of moving to London for a year next May. We have done Canada, and now looking to the UK before heading back home to Australia to start a family.

All ghey life story's aside, I was wondering if it would be difficult for me to get a season ticket for next year? Obviously I mean purchasing it this time next year. By reading this thread, it seems that I should be ok if we are in the Champ, but what if AZ and NA's master plan pays off and we are back in the PL?

Thanking you all in advance for your sage advice

Judge Drenthe

by Judge Drenthe » 17 Jul 2013 16:24

Mike Hunt My wife and I are thinking of moving to London for a year next May. We have done Canada, and now looking to the UK before heading back home to Australia to start a family.

All ghey life story's aside, I was wondering if it would be difficult for me to get a season ticket for next year? Obviously I mean purchasing it this time next year. By reading this thread, it seems that I should be ok if we are in the Champ, but what if AZ and NA's master plan pays off and we are back in the PL?

You'll be absolutely fine. Even in the Prem we will go to general sale and you will get a couple. We max out at 18,000, but we usually drag the sales out right up until the start of the season.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Jul 2013 16:42

No Fixed Abode
Alexander Litvinenko

Even if that sentence wasn't completely meaningless, why shouldn't renewals (whenever they happen to be made) count in the figure?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 17 Jul 2013 17:16

Judge Drenthe
Mike Hunt My wife and I are thinking of moving to London for a year next May. We have done Canada, and now looking to the UK before heading back home to Australia to start a family.

You'll be absolutely fine. Even in the Prem we will go to general sale and you will get a couple. We max out at 18,000, but we usually drag the sales out right up until the start of the season.

Nice, thanks m8

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jul 2013 17:54

No Fixed Abode
Alexander Litvinenko

So you're telling us only 1500 people renewed their season ticket from last year? :| You utter bellend.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 17 Jul 2013 22:17

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode Because they're not actually tickets sold. HTH

So you're telling us only 1500 people renewed their season ticket from last year? :| You utter bellend.

The underlined part wasn't really necessary.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Jul 2013 23:18

Lol at Ian Royal not understanding yet again.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 17 Jul 2013 23:21

I'm not sure any of us really understand (you) HaroLOLd

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Jul 2013 10:43

TFF I'm not sure any of us really understand (you) HaroLOLd

I guess it's the simple mentality of Reading FC fleece wearers.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Jul 2013 10:53

no. it will be a piece of piss.
just ring up and get one.

tbf, if youre not going to make a few games, youre better off just buying on the day of the games you can make, we wont sell out(unless we are top at xmas)

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 18 Jul 2013 13:13

melonhead

tbf, if youre not going to make a few games, youre better off just buying on the day of the games you can make, we wont sell out(unless we are top at xmas)

But then you're in the shitty south stand, with zero atmosphere. Plus you'd have to miss a far few games before it wasn't worth the cost of a ST. Get one - peace of mind, a seat you're happy in, and all the games are covered with no stressing beforehand when the clingers on come back out of the wordwork.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 18 Jul 2013 14:22

One8Seven1
melonhead

But then you're in the shitty south stand, with zero atmosphere. Plus you'd have to miss a far few games before it wasn't worth the cost of a ST. Get one - peace of mind, a seat you're happy in, and all the games are covered with no stressing beforehand when the clingers on come back out of the wordwork.

Agreed. Anything is better than sitting in the South Stand.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 18 Jul 2013 15:24

Arrived yesterday, I only bought it Friday evening, pretty quick turnaround.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Jul 2013 15:49

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I would be attending every home game, and probably most away games as well.

I only have 1 season, so will be making the most of it. Except if it is a Tuesday night away game up north, cannot see that happening logistically :(

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Jul 2013 15:52

One8Seven1
melonhead

Plenty of seats around where I sat last year in the north tbf

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 19 Jul 2013 10:12

One8Seven1
melonhead

not in the championship. can pretty much walk up and get tickets in most stands (unless we are flying high)

585 posts