Man Utd and Arsenal away in league ticket prices

133 posts
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Man Utd and Arsenal away in league ticket prices

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Feb 2013 23:29

Just realised that the Wales v England (potential grand-slam match in the 6 Nations) clashes with the Man Utd kick off at 5:30 :evil:

Pub won't be showing both!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 01 Mar 2013 11:49

and i wont be allowed to watch it at the inlaws!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 07 Mar 2013 17:30

mr_number Having thought about it, I do actually consider it amazing that a game like Arsenal goes all the way to general sale. I mean, it's easy to get to, it's cheap, it might be quite fun. Yet at least 15,000 season ticket holders don't fancy it. I'm quite happy, because as a non-season ticket holder I can get a ticket. But I guess it shows how different people just have different attitudes towards going to games.

I'm not sure how easy it's actually going to be considering that there are no trains to Paddington and the Waterloo one is a 2 hour journey and likely to be packed . . . . .

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 08 Mar 2013 10:01

Elm Park Kid
mr_number Having thought about it, I do actually consider it amazing that a game like Arsenal goes all the way to general sale. I mean, it's easy to get to, it's cheap, it might be quite fun. Yet at least 15,000 season ticket holders don't fancy it. I'm quite happy, because as a non-season ticket holder I can get a ticket. But I guess it shows how different people just have different attitudes towards going to games.

I'm not sure how easy it's actually going to be considering that there are no trains to Paddington and the Waterloo one is a 2 hour journey and likely to be packed . . . . .

Waterloo is an hour from Bracknell so not quite sure how you worked that out!!

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 08 Mar 2013 10:07

15 min walk for me

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Mar 2013 12:15

Warfield North Stand
Elm Park Kid

Waterloo is an hour from Bracknell so not quite sure how you worked that out!!

If i'm reading the information provided by the train company correctly, it is saying that journeys from Reading to Waterloo will take an additional 50 minutes on that day. So over 2 hours.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/managed/s ... Easter.pdf

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 08 Mar 2013 12:38

Elm Park Kid If i'm reading the information provided by the train company correctly, it is saying that journeys from Reading to Waterloo will take an additional 50 minutes on that day. So over 2 hours.

No, it is 50 minutes longer Reading to Waterloo than the normal Reading to Paddington journey, so about 1 hour 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

Tmings now available on National Rail Enquiries website:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 08 Mar 2013 13:16

Upper West Ginger
Elm Park Kid If i'm reading the information provided by the train company correctly, it is saying that journeys from Reading to Waterloo will take an additional 50 minutes on that day. So over 2 hours.

No, it is 50 minutes longer Reading to Waterloo than the normal Reading to Paddington journey, so about 1 hour 20 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

Tmings now available on National Rail Enquiries website:
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

You might be right, but that's not how I read that table. It lists the specific journeys and then says 'additional journey times' - so i would assume that for the journey "Reading - London Waterloo" the additional 50 mins is on top of the usual 1:21.

I'll give them a ring to find out.

Edit - I rang and your are right. It's normal journey times. Sorry for the confusion.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 10 Mar 2013 19:44

With the Man Utd match today going to a replay, there must be a reasonable chance league fixtures are going to have to be slightly rescheduled/moved to a completely different week so that the replay can be played before the FA Cup semi-finals. Hopefully it won't be Reading's game next week that gets affected!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 11 Mar 2013 03:11

RoyalinBracknell With the Man Utd match today going to a replay, there must be a reasonable chance league fixtures are going to have to be slightly rescheduled/moved to a completely different week so that the replay can be played before the FA Cup semi-finals. Hopefully it won't be Reading's game next week that gets affected!

Talk of playing the replay next Monday night with our game being called off in the Telegraph. FA meeting Premier League later today.

secks

by secks » 11 Mar 2013 07:53

Compo's Hat
RoyalinBracknell With the Man Utd match today going to a replay, there must be a reasonable chance league fixtures are going to have to be slightly rescheduled/moved to a completely different week so that the replay can be played before the FA Cup semi-finals. Hopefully it won't be Reading's game next week that gets affected!

Talk of playing the replay next Monday night with our game being called off in the Telegraph. FA meeting Premier League later today.

I'd be oxf*rd fuming if that happened and got re-scheduled for midweek - especially all those people who have booked hotels etc.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 09:20

secks
Compo's Hat

I'd be oxf*rd fuming if that happened and got re-scheduled for midweek - especially all those people who have booked hotels etc.

Can you get a refund on your tickets if it's moved to midweek? I'm assuming so - though you won't, of course, get a refund on any train/hotel bookings. :evil:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 11 Mar 2013 09:22

I would have thought ESPN would have something to say about this.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2013 09:26

Actually, surely it's too close to the game to move it? They'll just move another Saturday game in a couple of weeks?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Mar 2013 09:54

Royal Lady Actually, surely it's too close to the game to move it? They'll just move another Saturday game in a couple of weeks?

Apart from this weekend there are Easter fixtures(will they want to call that off ?) the following weekend might be to near the semi-final date(time to sell wembley tickets to the winner) It`s further complicated by the Europa league next round if Chelsea get through on Thursday is 4th/11th April. I can see Saturday`s match being postponed.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 11 Mar 2013 10:36

Schards#2 I would have thought ESPN would have something to say about this.

As theyhave a contract to show FA Cup games, if ESPN were offered the opportunity to show the Man U Cv Chelsea replay rather than Man U v us I am sure they would be delighted

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 11 Mar 2013 10:49

Surely as the po-po have always said you have to wait 10 days for replays so they can get all sorted it wouldn't be possible to have the replay this weekend/Monday? And if it is can we go back to having multiple replays please with the replay being the midweek after the first tie? Thanks very much

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 11 Mar 2013 10:52

Silver Fox Surely as the po-po have always said you have to wait 10 days for replays so they can get all sorted it wouldn't be possible to have the replay this weekend/Monday? And if it is can we go back to having multiple replays please with the replay being the midweek after the first tie? Thanks very much

Blackburn v Millwall replay is this Wednesday

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 11 Mar 2013 11:33

Silver Fox Surely as the po-po have always said you have to wait 10 days for replays so they can get all sorted it wouldn't be possible to have the replay this weekend/Monday? And if it is can we go back to having multiple replays please with the replay being the midweek after the first tie? Thanks very much

The police are always amenable to short-notice changes in certain circumstances - just just load a massive premium onto the policing costs. So it can be done, it just costs more ... I suspect for the other replay they'd made a contingency booking with the police just in case - that's not as expensive.

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 11 Mar 2013 12:32

Compo's Hat

If the replay was played on the Monday night, I'd have thought our game would be fine to go ahead on the Saturday evening.

133 posts