North Stand Doors

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

North Stand Doors

by Silver Fox » 20 Aug 2013 13:08

Why aren't they opening the North Stand doors at half time this season? It was a cracking plan last year as it meant smokers didn't need to rush their pint and it was also a winner for the less cool fans as the concourse was fewer busy and queues for food outlets were reduced as it was easier to use the ones outside.

As everybody won it seems a bit rubbish to knock it on the head

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: North Stand Doors

by M Brook » 20 Aug 2013 16:53

Peeps on Saturday were coming in and out through the turnstiles.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 20 Aug 2013 17:21

You can still go out for a fag but you can't take your pint

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Aug 2013 17:56

That's like scrabble without the dice

Brian's left bollock

by Brian's left bollock » 20 Aug 2013 17:58

Come to the east stand. Everything's allowed there.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 20 Aug 2013 17:59

You make it sound like some kind of den of iniquity, bri.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Aug 2013 13:44

The reason is this.

Last season we were in the Premiership and we had the TV companies down at the Mad Stad every home game.
They parked their big buses outside the North Stand. This created a barrier. All that was needed was some portable fencing on 2 sides manned by Stewards.
Now the players got us relegated hardly any TV companies want to come. :cry:
No TV buses, no barrier. Not enough fences or staff available to create this big enclosure on 3 sides!

Poor little supporters can't take their drinks outside now,coz they're not responsible like rugby fans. :wink:

HTH

Blame the players!!!

(Got this info from the horses mouth - a Steward supervisor.) Don't shoot the messenger!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Aug 2013 00:46

Still open on the South stand. We used to have red and white tape and a chick with a clipboard to keep the away supporters back, but even those have gone now.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 23 Aug 2013 10:55

This thread seems to be dying a bit to be honest. Would be helpful if somebody could provide a full description of the doors.

I mean, are they sliding doors, locking swing doors, padlocked, corrugated iron, that sort of thing really?

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 23 Aug 2013 10:57

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Aug 2013 16:16

Norfolk Royal This thread seems to be dying a bit to be honest. Would be helpful if somebody could provide a full description of the doors.

I mean, are they sliding doors, locking swing doors, padlocked, corrugated iron, that sort of thing really?

You clearly don't visit the Mad Stad much. :wink: They're sliding................

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 23 Aug 2013 18:34

Gordons Cumming
Norfolk Royal This thread seems to be dying a bit to be honest. Would be helpful if somebody could provide a full description of the doors.

You clearly don't visit the Mad Stad much. :wink: They're sliding................

Sliding Doors? Is that a case of Karacan's shot hits the post at 3-2 in the playoff final and the last two years happen, and then somehow it also goes in instead and we go on to win and are now League Cup holders and in Europe? Does Gwyneth Paltrow play Mrs Zingarevich?

royal_ross

by royal_ross » 24 Aug 2013 17:57

Silver Fox Why aren't they opening the North Stand doors at half time this season? It was a cracking plan last year as it meant smokers didn't need to rush their pint and it was also a winner for the less cool fans as the concourse was fewer busy and queues for food outlets were reduced as it was easier to use the ones outside.

Said this last week to a Steward. It is because apparently fans were turning up at Half Time without tickets. God knows where they sat for the sell-out games!

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 24 Aug 2013 19:35

royal_ross
Silver Fox Why aren't they opening the North Stand doors at half time this season? It was a cracking plan last year as it meant smokers didn't need to rush their pint and it was also a winner for the less cool fans as the concourse was fewer busy and queues for food outlets were reduced as it was easier to use the ones outside.

Said this last week to a Steward. It is because apparently fans were turning up at Half Time without tickets. God knows where they sat for the sell-out games!

Seriously, there cannot have been many who did this!?? Instead the rest of the fans (who do pay) suffer. Seems fair.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Aug 2013 01:08

royal_ross

Hmm that's a good idea. Let me know if they start doing it again.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Sep 2013 11:22

Amazing scenes yesterday as the doors were opened and I safely took my pint outdoors at half time

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Sep 2013 11:41

Silver Fox Amazing scenes yesterday as the doors were opened and I safely took my pint outdoors at half time

Did anyone get hurt?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Sep 2013 11:44

finally, the fans voice has been heard!

well done fan

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Sep 2013 12:31

Back to being shut again last night, leaving me fewer time to drink my half time 'bow, meaning I rushed it, causing mild indigestion. They've got their fan safety priorities backwards quite clearly

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 20 Sep 2013 12:48

Silver Fox Back to being shut again last night, leaving me fewer time to drink my half time 'bow, meaning I rushed it, causing mild indigestion. They've got their fan safety priorities backwards quite clearly

Wait for the next televised match and you can enjoy your half time pint outside....

HTH :roll: