Brentford Away

180 posts
Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brentford Away

by Winchester Royal » 08 Sep 2014 21:14

semtex1871 How many tickets can you buy per STH.

FYI, as a hospitality STH, I can purchase as many tickets as I need before they go on sale to anybody 8)

In that case, may I respectfully request that you obtain one for my good self? ;)

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Sep 2014 21:30

RoyallyFcuked What are the chances of the tickets getting to member card holders with 1000 points? If not I should be able get a mate who has a season ticket to get mine for me.

Anyway, I don't think the new system is fair at all. Basically at the moment someone who has a season ticket this year for the first time has priority over someone who for example, had a season ticket for 10 years but doesn't have one this year?

Yeah good one RFC

So basically older fans should be rewarded over younger ones?

Surely the reverse should be true if anything, like it or not Royallyers they're the future and the likes of you and me are yesterday's news.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 08 Sep 2014 22:20

Winchester Royal

FYI, as a hospitality STH, I can purchase as many tickets as I need before they go on sale to anybody 8)

In that case, may I respectfully request that you obtain one for my good self? ;)

In all seriousness....if peeps are struggling to get tickets I'm sure I could act as an intermediary.....

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 Sep 2014 09:02

SPARTA STH's should always get first dibs on away and cup tickets, but the point system for away games is unnecessary until it's a play-off etc. Even last season we went to general sale for Bournemouth away. There's rarely a scramble for away tickets. Just let fans book them on a first come, first served basis!

Like they used to, resulting in jammed phone lines and a website that constantly crashed & many hundreds of posts/pages on here complaining about the ineptitude of the ticket office

Won't be going to Brentford as it just won't be even 0.0001% as good as 20th April 2002, before half the plastics on here were even aware this town had a Football Club - OUT

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 09 Sep 2014 09:34

Green I don't see why a lapsed season ticket holder should be given priority over a current one.

:roll: so why should an older STH be given priority over a younger one?

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Sep 2014 09:41

Sutekh
bobby1413 Darn it ...

Gf has under 1000 points on her ST.

the day she is eligible we are in NYC! Will have to make an expensive call or go online if it works

Go online, you can't call the club to book tickets as international calls can't be put through into the telephone system!

It will be 4am in NYC when the ticket office opens. I don't fancy getting up at that time to book tickets to Brentford!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 Sep 2014 09:42

bobby1413
Sutekh
bobby1413 Darn it ...

the day she is eligible we are in NYC! Will have to make an expensive call or go online if it works

Go online, you can't call the club to book tickets as international calls can't be put through into the telephone system!

It will be 4am in NYC when the ticket office opens. I don't fancy getting up at that time to book tickets to Brentford!

You're going to be in the city that never sleeps - think about it

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Sep 2014 09:48

Big Foot
bobby1413

I sleep though ... well sometimes anyway.

I'll pull an all nighter, then book the tickets whilst out there.

I think you should go BF and shouldn't compare it to previous years.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 09 Sep 2014 09:50

Is that even a thing? Hospitality STHs and all their mates get priority over everyone else regardless of royalty points?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 09 Sep 2014 10:00

Isaac Hunt
Green I don't see why a lapsed season ticket holder should be given priority over a current one.

:|

When demand outstrips supply there's always someone going to be left disappointed, Isaac. The way you're carrying on I hope you're one of them :P

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 09 Sep 2014 10:00

semtex - are you aware of the phrase "money can't buy class" :?:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Sep 2014 10:20

Sutekh
bobby1413 Darn it ...

Perhaps that explains the whole ownership fiasco - there was Anton, on the phone with his credit card wanting to pay the outstanding balance and they couldn't put him through!

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Sep 2014 10:22

RoyalBlue
Sutekh
bobby1413 Darn it ...

Perhaps that explains the whole ownership fiasco - there was Anton, on the phone with his credit card wanting to pay the outstanding balance and they couldn't put him through!

:lol:

That's true, maybe we've all just been quite unfair on him and he's stuck out in Russia somewhere desperately tweeting the club but with no reply.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 09 Sep 2014 10:39

Will there be so much demand for tickets when terracing eventually sells out?

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 09 Sep 2014 10:40

Green
Isaac Hunt

:|

When demand outstrips supply there's always someone going to be left disappointed, Isaac. The way you're carrying on I hope you're one of them :P

Ha, don't worry about me, old chap, i'll be there via a Brentford ticket if i can't get one in the away end, but as i've said in an earlier post, i've always been able to benefit as a STH with a lot of points in the past. Doesn't stop me thinking that the system needs looking at though. Given the amount of years it has been running there are a lot of "loyal" supporters that miss out.

Once work and home issues have settled down, i'm sure i'll have my ST again next year, so will be able to take the same stance as you on this :wink:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Sep 2014 11:17

RG30 Will there be so much demand for tickets when terracing eventually sells out?

Feck... totally forgot about the terracing issue.

If anyone has a good points total and STH that doesn't intend to go, could I use your ticket to buy GF one...

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 09 Sep 2014 12:37

RoyallyFcuked What are the chances of the tickets getting to member card holders with 1000 points? If not I should be able get a mate who has a season ticket to get mine for me.

Anyway, I don't think the new system is fair at all. Basically at the moment someone who has a season ticket this year for the first time has priority over someone who for example, had a season ticket for 10 years but doesn't have one this year?

Yeah good one RFC

Don't be ridiculous. STH's who have coughed up the cash this season quite rightly have priority, just like you would have done when you had one.

The amount of self entitlement is quite staggering.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 09 Sep 2014 12:39

Beggars belief doesn't it, WAZZOCK.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 09 Sep 2014 13:36

Big Foot
SPARTA STH's should always get first dibs on away and cup tickets, but the point system for away games is unnecessary until it's a play-off etc. Even last season we went to general sale for Bournemouth away. There's rarely a scramble for away tickets. Just let fans book them on a first come, first served basis!

Like they used to, resulting in jammed phone lines and a website that constantly crashed & many hundreds of posts/pages on here complaining about the ineptitude of the ticket office

Won't be going to Brentford as it just won't be even 0.0001% as good as 20th April 2002, before half the plastics on here were even aware this town had a Football Club - OUT

Agreed, I'm going to go to the Mad Stad instead and watch it on the game on the lorry tele.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 09 Sep 2014 13:50

bobby1413
Big Foot
bobby1413

I sleep though ... well sometimes anyway.

I'll pull an all nighter, then book the tickets whilst out there.

I think you should go BF and shouldn't compare it to previous years.
Honestly I'd love to but I think I'm stapling my bollocks to my thigh instead that day. Shame.

180 posts