Have you ever been injured spectating at a match?

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

Re: Have you ever been injured spectating at a match?

by dizzynewheights » 11 Dec 2014 13:31

^ haha

Just remembered I've also injured myself at Bristol City. Drunkenly stacked it down a couple of rows pre game one year - forget which.

Few bruises but the beer cushioned my fall. think there might be pics on social media of it somewhere :?

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 11 Dec 2014 13:46

Pepe the Horseman
Jerry St Clair A steward got knocked out at Ashton Gate during one of the goal celebrations during the 3-3 in 2003. We were stood in the gangway that ran along the back of the stand and he got floored by a flying fist during a particularly radio rental celebration. To be fair, the chief steward came along, realised it was a complete accident, and just said "if you score again, can you try and keep calm"! At many other grounds, I'm sure the stewards would have waded in.

One of the many reasons why Bristol City is the best away trip, bar none.

Tell that to LWJ.

that reminds me - obtained horrific facial injuries at ashton gate

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 29 Dec 2014 02:51

LWJ Was part of the group that fell over the wall at Torquay. Had a cut on my shin afterwards but didn't sue.

There were a few who did The Wall at Torquay. Was it Floyd, Compo or Pink Compo, or Pink Floyd?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Dec 2014 09:17

ArfnipIsARoyal Also hit by a few coins and a bottle of coke at Wolves in the playoffs, no pound coins though the tight pricks!

I remember them spitting on us, the lot. Horrible football club who I'd love to see go into administration.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 29 Dec 2014 09:19

Wembley 2011. Fell down a flight of stairs for our second goal. Thought it was our turn at that point!

If only Karacan had found the goal :(

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 30 Dec 2014 12:09

Got punched in the face and a slight cut celebrating the equaliser in last years league game at Brighton. Slightly inebriated and for some reason decided to celebrate it like a last minute winner rather than the 60-something minute nothing goal it was and go tumbling down a row or two over the seats.

Never anything serious though.

Reading6Barrow3

by Reading6Barrow3 » 03 Feb 2015 17:35

I got crushed by the 50,000 plus crowd at the Tranmere game, when Robin Friday scored that goal.

Also got my toes trodden on by the crowd leaving when we were 3 nil down to Plymouth. I wonder if they ever realised we won 4-3 ?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 04 Feb 2015 21:56

When Hunt scored against West Ham in 2011/12 to put us 2-1 up right after the equaliser. Pandemonium, was jumping up and down and the bloke behind me grabbed me and pulled me back for some reason, mid-jump, I landed on my foot awkwardly and fcuked it up pretty badly. Worth it though.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 09 Feb 2015 09:08

Not me, but I was at a Chester game once with a friend and as we were leaving a car drove past, wound down it's window, stuck an air pistol out of the window and shot my friend in the arse.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 09 Feb 2015 09:09

Actually, it was on the way to the game. He stuck it out as well.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 11 Feb 2015 14:49

Not injured, but a few years ago, Ian Harte was warming up before the game and smashed a dead ball high and wide behind the goal which hit (and snapped) the seat directly to the left and behind (head height) of my missus* as she was turned to face me**

I wasn't impressed that he didn't hold his hand up as a gesture of apology, but I was impressed at the speed at which the seat back got changed.

*first and only game she came to.
** probably moaning about how cold it was.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 12 Feb 2015 08:53

Didn't he blast one into a child's face in similar fashion and end up giving the kid his boots?

Your mrs should have taken one for the memento.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 20 Feb 2015 11:09

Mental scar of ripping my jeans (from crotch to top of ass crack) when we scored against Villa a couple seasons back. In Y25 where we were all standing that game as well. Was wearing white boxers too. Definitely heard some laughter directed at me :oops:

Sidindaclub

by Sidindaclub » 22 Feb 2015 12:55

Anyone else get those annoying bruises on ur shins when ur standing and kinda leaning into the seat in front all game without noticing it, especially when scoring - fulham away this season came back with a few after pogs goal

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 22 Feb 2015 16:43

Sidindaclub Anyone else get those annoying bruises on ur shins when ur standing and kinda leaning into the seat in front all game without noticing it, especially when scoring - fulham away this season came back with a few after pogs goal

You can get those sitting as well at certain away grounds. Just below the knee. I suspect Loftus Road was built for midgets and amputees as I'm normal size and there was nowhere to put legs. I can't remember the other culprits but that one sticks in the mind.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 23 Feb 2015 22:05

I once shouted too hard at a steward asking me to sit down. Had a sore throat for ages after.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 24 Feb 2015 09:26

2nd season in the Prem, we played Chelsea early on in the season. Celebrating one of our goals in Y26, a m8 accidentally punched me square on the nose and blood went everywhere

Stewards rushed in thinking I'd been hit by a missile and whisked me away to the first aid room underneath the East Stand :oops: :oops:

royal madrid

by royal madrid » 24 Feb 2015 09:40

Although not strictly speaking as a spectator, I did turn my ankle on the pitch at the Mad Stad following the Brentford match. I was demonstrating Cureton´s technique to some youngsters and the balance/half volley/tight angle combination didn´t quite come off.
Drink, suffice to say, had been take.