Semi final tickets?

2002 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Semi final tickets?

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 Apr 2015 05:32

So they would urge been happy to take a non supporting family member and deny that seat to another st holder

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 05 Apr 2015 06:27

JC
TFF
JC Surprised at the number of regular season ticket holders around me today who are not going to Wemblet. Reason given was the same all round - no +1 for STH meaning they could not go with any of their family.
Obviously that decision has upset a fair number of STH's

I was a bit pissed off at the lack of a +1. But LOL @ missing a once in a lifetime event for it.

They did not want to sit up in the gods

Nor did I, so I bought lower tier tickets on day one.

As soon as the sales criteria was announced I told all my +1s they were shit out of luck

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 05 Apr 2015 07:15

JC Surprised at the number of regular season ticket holders around me today who are not going to Wemblet. Reason given was the same all round - no +1 for STH meaning they could not go with any of their family.

What? Hello? What do they usually do?

"Well, I go every week me, cos I'm a loyal royal and not one of them plastics or nuffink, so I've got a season ticket. ........ Yeah, I sit with my mates! ............ Nah, I'm not goin' 'cos I can't take me old mum and it's a bit big that Wemblet thing innit. ......... Well I s'pose I could sit wiv dem, but like, achtchully I don't really know there names, part from big Bob so I couldn't go wiv dem ........ Big Bob? Well..... Ya see. ...... He's big and his name is Bob so .............. DaveRoyal? Yeah he's a mate of mine too...... Smells a bit funny, but says I can get a ticket wiv his unlce and sister in wiv de 40,000 Arsenals."

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 05 Apr 2015 08:35

So they're happy to attend 23 home games a year on their own, but not a trip to Wembley for a semi final unless Doris can come?

:shock:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 Apr 2015 10:00

Winchester Royal So they're happy to attend 23 home games a year on their own, but not a trip to Wembley for a semi final unless Doris can come?

London is a big scary place

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Apr 2015 22:19

They could go with their family, just had to wait

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 06 Apr 2015 08:52

Silver Fox

They could go with their family, just had to wait

To be fair they did not know that at the time

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 06 Apr 2015 12:40

Well, they can't have been that bothered about going with their family then

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Apr 2015 13:09

Winchester Royal So they're happy to attend 23 home games a year on their own, but not a trip to Wembley for a semi final unless Doris can come?

Have you considered the possibility they may have lots of friends and which ones go varies each week?

Or that those friends & family go to half a dozen or so games a year due to other commitments but don't have lots of points, so they resigned themselves to not going together and so just didn't bother, especially anticipating a heavy defeat?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Apr 2015 14:10

Ian Royal Have you considered the possibility they may have lots of friends and which ones go varies each week?

Or that those friends & family go to half a dozen or so games a year due to other commitments but don't have lots of points, so they resigned themselves to not going together and so just didn't bother, especially anticipating a heavy defeat?

So how would +1 have made any difference ? Or were they expecting +lots ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Apr 2015 20:41

Nameless
Ian Royal Have you considered the possibility they may have lots of friends and which ones go varies each week?

So how would +1 have made any difference ? Or were they expecting +lots ?

Because they could go with someone they wanted to, in the area they wanted, without any worry or hassle. I'm not too fussed, I'm going with a pal anyway who's had to use his Dad's ST, but with a +1 I could have sorted him out (He was a STH for years, but seems to have not got a member number these days for some reason), or I could have taken my Nephew who's been to a few games over the years, sometimes as a guest of someone with a spare ticket, but I wasn't prepared to wait towards the end of the points levels to secure him a ticket, he won't be going on his own. I can see possibilities of families in similar situations where a parent decides not to go if they can't be sure of taking the child.

What's done is done, it's not a big deal. But I think the take up of tickets has shown that a +1 wouldn't have wrecked anything.

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 06 Apr 2015 22:34

Does anyone know if you are able to get a refund on a ticket??

I have a spare in 108 that was ordered internally, but had bought my own ticket 'up in the gods' a few hours before that was processed (so I could sit with a mate rather than by myself) and thought my 'other means' request would have been stopped as my member number had a ticket purchased already.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 07 Apr 2015 10:42

The next panic on this thread will be if or when we actually receive these tickets. Thought they were gonna be posted on March 31. Nothing yet.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Apr 2015 11:24

Zammo The next panic on this thread will be if or when we actually receive these tickets. Thought they were gonna be posted on March 31. Nothing yet.

I received the ones I ordered on Thursday.

philM

by philM » 07 Apr 2015 11:35

Zammo The next panic on this thread will be if or when we actually receive these tickets. Thought they were gonna be posted on March 31. Nothing yet.

Tuesday 14th should be last delivery date/panic date if they start posting them out around the 9th as promised.
Last edited by philM on 07 Apr 2015 11:38, edited 1 time in total.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 07 Apr 2015 11:37

No Fixed Abode

I received the ones I ordered on Thursday.

Oh, I knew you would have got yours, m8. No doubt they posted your ones first. Probably special delivery. Or maybe Sir John popped round himself. Yes, Kes FIRST with the tickets. WELL DONE, M8. Fookin brilliant. Huzzah and hurrah.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 07 Apr 2015 11:52

No Fixed Abode I received the ones I ordered on Thursday.

Interesting. Non existant tickets ordered by non Reading Fans delivered before real ones.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 07 Apr 2015 11:53

tbf i got mine Saturday....

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 07 Apr 2015 12:02

TBM tbf i got mine Saturday....

I bet yours wasn't delivered by a Unicorn like Kes'.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Apr 2015 12:18

Angry Shed Sex
TBM tbf i got mine Saturday....

I bet yours wasn't delivered by a Unicorn like Kes'.

8)

2002 posts