PA announcer

498 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: PA announcer

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Feb 2016 17:47

bobby1413 Probably not the same response, in fact definitely not.

But every week I'm still surprised how many respond to him ... That was the point I was trying to make.

It frustrates me as if fans didn't react or did in a negative sense it may send a stronger message
guess that you are not getting it then Bobby.

The club, the (majority of) fans and of course the PA man doesn't give a flying fuch about the the opinions of a website minorities whining

Just do what I do, take no notice of the tw4t....take your seat at 15:00......or just engross yourself with what's going on pitchside

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Feb 2016 17:49

AthleticoSpizz

But every week I'm still surprised how many respond to him ... That was the point I was trying to make.

It frustrates me as if fans didn't react or did in a negative sense it may send a stronger message

The club, the (majority of) fans and of course the PA man doesn't give a flying fuch about the the opinions of a website minorities whining

Just do what I do, take no notice of the tw4t....take your seat at 15:00......or just engross yourself with what's going on pitchside

A bit like the goal scoring music......remember that one???? :lol: ......I hate it.....I don't join in

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Feb 2016 17:55

AthleticoSpizz

Middle bit is not true.

http://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2016/1/29/10869112/reading-fc-fans-focus-group-royals-madejski-stadium

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Feb 2016 17:59

If you are on about "my middle bit"........I (from what I have seen and heard on a match day) beg to differ

Don't over estimate the power of (the same four or five dozen posters) on HNA

Sadly

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2016 18:39

AthleticoSpizz
AthleticoSpizz

A bit like the goal scoring music......remember that one???? :lol: ......I hate it.....I don't join in

I'll admit I've become jaded on the goal music and after refusing to join in with the choreography for years and years, I can't keep up the fight very well anymore.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Feb 2016 11:23

blueroyals vs Burnley -

It's 15:00, the players are lined up, the ref has his whistle in his mouth ready to get the game underway

But the P.A. bloke hasn't done his cringy rally cry yet. The logical thing to do is to not open your mouth and assume people are here to watch the football not listen to your drivel. Or at very least cut it short.

But no, not this guy. He delayed kick off for around a minute while he is shouting his usual shite AND the sound effects guy still thought it would be a good idea to try and squeeze sweet caroline in at the end for about 5 seconds. What's the oxf*rd point? Just shut the fcuk up so we can watch some football.

The referee should report the club for this.

I found he was better up to this point, the player numbers I thought were read out okay.... maybe it was just be getting better at shutting his voice out.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Feb 2016 11:34

To me the formula seems pretty easy, if they want to stick with Sweet Caroline.

1) Teams come out to Sweet Caroline.
2) Stop or quieten the music and once they've done handshakes and are getting into their halves, read out BOTH teams.
3) Back the boys and make some noise, come on URZ.
4) Kill any lingering music, shut the oxf*rd up and wait for kick off.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 16 Feb 2016 18:44

Why can't we get a friendly local who actually gives a sh1t about Reading as a town.

Queue the Augsburg PA announcer who is profiling the town for Liverpool fans this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIBhtb3Pf_M&sns=em

What a guy

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2016 19:21

Yeah, very good :D

But who goes to a football match ( or not....for that matter) based on the performance of the shouty man on the pitch?

Cannot believe some of the sh1t on here........but it's still worth the read :lol:

The sheer existence of this thread confirms just how low and impressionable ( we) the football fans have been manipulated........And ultimately become...........I blame -$ky :evil:

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Feb 2016 19:44

AthleticoSpizz Yeah, very good :D

But who goes to a football match ( or not....for that matter) based on the performance of the shouty man on the pitch?

Nobody.

Does that mean we should all silently suffer any cringeworthy crap or any other irritation unless it's enough to stop us going?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2016 19:59

Does it really bother you that much to stop going?

Jeez....get over it.....just ignore it.

TBF, I would prefer to have helicopters delivering the match ball each home game....but not having them doesn't jade my matchday experience

The sh1t after kick-off does that :wink:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Feb 2016 20:15

AthleticoSpizz Does it really bother you that much to stop going?

TBF, I would prefer to have helicopters delivering the match ball each home game....but not having them doesn't jade my matchday experience

The sh1t after kick-off does that :wink:

I don't agree with the whole "get over it" and "I just walk in at 3pm" attitude.

I normally get to set at 250 and every week listening to the same ear piercing drivel gets too much. I don't care about goal music, or introduction music like sweet caroline, but listening to some d1ck yell inappropriate, stupid stuff gets too much.

It does bother me a lot, and I think it's a thread worthy topic IMO.

(P.S. I rarely moan about match format but this really does pish me off)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2016 20:21

Fairy-nuff

What is inappropriate about reading out team lists and f11cking up the occasional URZZ's?

If I was to get pissed off, it would be the Sweet Caroline thing that has absolutely nothing to do with RFC....now that's what I call inappropriate

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Feb 2016 20:26

Sweet Caroline has the "connection" I suppose with the 106 team, although I still find it weird that after about 3 years of not being played they suddenly start playing it. It's a shite song and I hate hearing it.

It's not just the messing up of URZZ... it's things like:

"Let's shake the foundations of the Madejski Stadium"
"Let's send shivers down the spine of all those watching on Sky at home" (yea right)

It's cringe worthy. I can see why people would gee up the crowd, and looking back on our last PA man he had the balance right I think. At least compared to this kn0b head

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2016 20:39

Thought your "examples" we're from 2015.......games this year have not featured such stuff........or at least, I've not heard it.

Never liked Sweet Caroline even in 2006

Personally, I can do without all past and present PA men.

....just read out the team lists...play Mouldy ol Dough...then let's watch the game.....that's punishment enough

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Feb 2016 21:24

AthleticoSpizz Does it really bother you that much to stop going?

Of course it doesn't stop me going, but are you really saying that unless something isn't bad enough to stop you going, it's not a problem?

Maybe one day people at the club will realise that all the things they keep trying to do to try to generate an atmosphere have the opposite effect.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2016 21:27

Just ignore it mate (see previous posts)

You, me and most folk aren't what they are bothered about.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 16 Feb 2016 21:48

AthleticoSpizz Just ignore it mate (see previous posts)

You, me and most folk aren't what they are bothered about.

I could ignore it a lot easier if it wasn't at an ear-splitting volume, and is incidentally the only time the PA system is audible in the east stand.

I'd like to know who all that crap is aimed at, if it's not supporters.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Feb 2016 21:51

the $ky generation.....the $ky generation....who know little different :roll:

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 Feb 2016 10:49

"lets get the LEGENDARY MADEJSKI ATMOSHPHERE...."

is the point where I stop listening, start yelling shut up at the silly man.

the whole set up actually ruins the atmosphere, from this cringy cnut, to the over playing/crowbarring of sweet caroline, to the drummer seemingly timing his oxf*rd noise to mess up any naturally occurring singing/chanting.

498 posts