Season Ticket Prices for 2016/2017

127 posts
3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season Ticket Prices for 2016/2017

by 3points » 26 Apr 2016 18:46

let's not forget that the vast majority of us are paying through the nose for Sky Sports on top of our season ticket prices. So we are funding the club indirectly through our television money as well (as is everyone else who buys a Sky product). Sky Sports is getting to the point where it isn't worth the cost. If it wasn't for the test cricket then I'd cancel my subscription

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Apr 2016 18:49

3points let's not forget that the vast majority of us are paying through the nose for Sky Sports on top of our season ticket prices. So we are funding the club indirectly through our television money as well (as is everyone else who buys a Sky product). Sky Sports is getting to the point where it isn't worth the cost. If it wasn't for the test cricket then I'd cancel my subscription

Season ticket would be my choice any day. I'd also travel to away games before ever considering a subscription. Easy enough to wander over the pub if there's a must watch game.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 27 Apr 2016 10:35

3points let's not forget that the vast majority of us are paying through the nose for Sky Sports on top of our season ticket prices. So we are funding the club indirectly through our television money as well (as is everyone else who buys a Sky product). Sky Sports is getting to the point where it isn't worth the cost. If it wasn't for the test cricket then I'd cancel my subscription

Valid point.

I so want to cancel Sky Sports, but its all the non football stuff that I'd miss. Cricket, Golf, NFL etc.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 28 Apr 2016 16:45

Tony Le Mesmer

Valid point.

I so want to cancel Sky Sports, but its all the non football stuff that I'd miss. Cricket, Golf, NFL etc.

agree - this is exactly why I keep it, but with a lot of the rugby now on BT Sport as well I'm increasing not into WWE and Pro Kabbadi

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 28 Apr 2016 20:09

Remember there are lots of cheeky ways you can still get your sports without having to pay for Sky Sports. And it doesn't have to be through dodgy streaming sites either.

One such way is Iran's equivalent of the BBC. Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) is learning from British Broadcasting (BBC) and live streams their own content. They have about 10 channels including one dedicated to sports.

Last night they showed Athletico Madrid Vs Bayern Munich and tonight I am guessing that they will show Villareal Vs Liverpool.

Here is the link to the sports channel

http://www2.live.irib.ir/#varzesh

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Apr 2016 18:57

Tony Le Mesmer

Valid point.

Yep, it's sports other than football that stop me from cancelling.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 May 2016 22:18

Well, I just renewed and relocated, so at least one more year of shit coming our way.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 May 2016 11:37

Top Flight I thought we were living in a deflationary environment. A freeze in ticket prices is a real terms increase.

Oil prices: Down
Commodity prices: Down
Grocery prices: Down
Wages: Down
House Prices (Central London): Down

Ticket prices should be going DOWN

I take it your salary went down this year too.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 May 2016 13:07

When was the last price change? It was a reduction back to pre-promotion prices when we got relegated wasn't it?

Haven't our Champ prices been largely the same since about 2010?

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 22 May 2016 22:21

Ian Royal When was the last price change? It was a reduction back to pre-promotion prices when we got relegated wasn't it?

Haven't our Champ prices been largely the same since about 2010?

That matches my recollection.
Link to GetReading article showing the drop to current level after Prem season. http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-drop-season-ticket-4189019

and another saying they were frozen for the 6th straight season this time last year (not sure how that works given it increased for the Prem season). http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-freeze-season-ticket-9280096

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 May 2016 00:44

Ian Royal Well, I just renewed and relocated, so at least one more year of shit coming our way.

Where did you move to? I stayed put because most of the people i sit near are bearable, plenty are nod worthy and a couple have some decent insight and are worth talking to.

LumpWarden

by LumpWarden » 23 May 2016 06:40

I wasn't going to renew, but have decided to move from Upper West to North Stand.

It's worth looking at seats in the 'family' area as it takes in half of the whole stand - I've saved a load of money and am pretty much right behind the goal.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 23 May 2016 09:33

north stand family area is incredible value imo

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 23 May 2016 09:45

Royal Ginger wrote:
Ian Royal wrote:
Well, I just renewed and relocated, so at least one more year of shit coming our way.

Where did you move to? I stayed put because most of the people i sit near are bearable, plenty are nod worthy and a couple have some decent insight and are worth talking to.

I like that term Ginge. Nod worthy. In other words, a nod accompanied by a quick "Alright". Whereas on other occasions it could be a "Cor blimey, fancy bumping into you again, who'd have thought?" Whilst raising hand to forehead and quickly moving on. Thereby avoiding any prolonged interaction :wink:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 23 May 2016 10:35

Maneki Neko north stand family area is incredible value imo

I considered it but then I realised I'd be around a bunch of kids and their parents, not up for that, my 2 nephews with me are about all I can handle for kids at a football match.

LumpWarden

by LumpWarden » 23 May 2016 12:22

tidus_mi2

I considered it but then I realised I'd be around a bunch of kids and their parents, not up for that, my 2 nephews with me are about all I can handle for kids at a football match.

Think it depends where you sit - If you can find something in B16 over towards the left, you'll be right behind the goal - probably find yourself surrounded by quite a few long term ST holders who sit there because the view is good and were there before it became a 'family area'. That's the assumption I'm making anyway!

May be worth a look after the renewal deadline comes up to see what's up for grabs

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 23 May 2016 12:41

LumpWarden
tidus_mi2

Think it depends where you sit - If you can find something in B16 over towards the left, you'll be right behind the goal - probably find yourself surrounded by quite a few long term ST holders who sit there because the view is good and were there before it became a 'family area'. That's the assumption I'm making anyway!

May be worth a look after the renewal deadline comes up to see what's up for grabs

Yep, 17yrs and counting.

We'd never move from our current seats - there is no stipulation that it's now a strictly 'family only' section. So not really bothered about the whole thing - just happy with the pricing.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 May 2016 12:51

Royal Ginger
Ian Royal Well, I just renewed and relocated, so at least one more year of shit coming our way.

I had a pretty good crowd at Y26 V265, but I was the only one standing (small enough not to get in the way) and a bit far forward for the atmos.

I'm now up in about in the top few rows, north side of Y25. Wanted to be closer to halfway to see the other end clearer, nearer the noise and high enough to stand in a crowd.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 23 May 2016 15:05

LumpWarden
tidus_mi2

tbh my north stand seat isn't generally surrounded by kids. th ereally annoying ones are all down the front, then its only the big games where the stand fills up with tourist fans with their blankets and picanics that it can occasionally get irritating, but that's mainly to do with the fact ive grown used to there not being many fans up there, so when it fills up with the silent masses I get the hump

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 May 2016 15:30

Maneki Neko
LumpWarden

tbh my north stand seat isn't generally surrounded by kids. th ereally annoying ones are all down the front, then its only the big games where the stand fills up with tourist fans with their blankets and picanics that it can occasionally get irritating, but that's mainly to do with the fact ive grown used to there not being many fans up there, so when it fills up with the silent masses I get the hump

TBF the angry man sitting in Z 150 ish on the aisle is the most vocal in the stand, and I find him far more annoying than the silent ones or the kids.

127 posts