FAO Star

Pat Butchers Ring

FAO Star

by Pat Butchers Ring » 11 Jun 2016 14:16

Can Star confirm if they have made any contact with the clubs owners to request some communication on the planned direction of the club?

From my knowledge of the inner workings of the club, all is not well and we will need a strong fans voice this season. Things will get ugly if we start the season in the same way we finished and I want to know that my representation as an RFC fan is ready for a fight.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: FAO Star

by Nameless » 11 Jun 2016 16:21

Have you emailed Star ?
And are you a member ?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Jun 2016 20:28

forget STAR, even some of the clubs full-time employees ( one of whom, and a family member) that I was with today.........don't know wtf is going on at the moment
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 11 Jun 2016 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Jun 2016 22:45

Pat Butchers Ring Can Star confirm if they have made any contact with the clubs owners to request some communication on the planned direction of the club?

From my knowledge of the inner workings of the club, all is not well and we will need a strong fans voice this season. Things will get ugly if we start the season in the same way we finished and I want to know that my representation as an RFC fan is ready for a fight.

I can help you with that...

Planned direction is premier league football, the Thai way after numerous attempts the British way.

You had your communication from the club and they told you what's what.

Stam is in next week. We will get done new players and try some from the academy too.

Other positive plans are afoot.

Don't waste your time dithering around with STAR, pay your money, sit back and enjoy the season.

Crux

by Crux » 12 Jun 2016 12:27

paultheroyal
Pat Butchers Ring Can Star confirm if they have made any contact with the clubs owners to request some communication on the planned direction of the club?

Planned direction is premier league football, the Thai way after numerous attempts the British way.

Stam is in next week. We will get done new players and try some from the academy too.

Don't waste your time dithering around with STAR, pay your money, sit back and enjoy the season.

There we go.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Jun 2016 18:16

paultheroyal

What's the Thai way? Because so far it seems to just involve rolling the dice on a new manager every six to 12 months.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 13 Jun 2016 11:38

To the OP, we can confirm we have attempted to make contact with the owners but this is not as easy as in the days of SJM. Not so many influential people in the country last week.

The OP might be unaware of the statement we made on BM sacking which is on the STAR forum here or our website.

Crux

by Crux » 13 Jun 2016 11:57

STAR Liaison To the OP, we can confirm we have attempted to make contact with the owners but this is not as easy as in the days of SJM. Not so many influential people in the country last week.

The OP might be unaware of the statement we made on BM sacking which is on the STAR forum here or our website.

Would you agree that STAR is now a it out dated and actually holds very little real weight in the grand scheme of things.

What actually is the point of STAR - The club don't seem to respect you.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Jun 2016 13:48

Ian Royal What's the Thai way?

And now, the end is near
And so we face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
The club is set for a big fall
There is no more of the Reading way
And more, much more than this, they did it Thai way

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 13 Jun 2016 20:43

I honestly wouldn't know STAR even existed if it wasn't for an annual thread on here.

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 13 Jun 2016 21:03

Maguire I honestly wouldn't know STAR even existed if it wasn't for an annual thread on here AND THE FANS FORUM AND A BIG PORTACABIN OUTSIDE THE EAST STAND.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jun 2016 08:41

Crux
STAR Liaison To the OP, we can confirm we have attempted to make contact with the owners but this is not as easy as in the days of SJM. Not so many influential people in the country last week.

Would you agree that STAR is now a it out dated and actually holds very little real weight in the grand scheme of things.

What actually is the point of STAR - The club don't seem to respect you.

Thank goodness we have so many other ways of engaging with the owners then.
You may criticise STAR but presumably that's the entire extent of your participation. You've made no efforts to form an alternative, more credible fans organisation, or stood for election and tried to add to what STAR does ?
You simply hide behind an Internet pseudonym and post unhelpful negative comments.
What actually is the point of Crux ? Does anyone respect you ?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Jun 2016 13:46

harry
Maguire I honestly wouldn't know STAR even existed if it wasn't for an annual thread on here AND THE FANS FORUM AND A BIG PORTACABIN OUTSIDE THE EAST STAND.

What's the fans forum? And I've never seen a portacabin because I don't sit in the East Stand.

HTH

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 14 Jun 2016 14:43

Thanks for the response Star. It wasn't meant as a dig so I appreciate your open response.

Genuinely I think this season will be a car crash and if the owners won't communicate with fans I think we need a unified voice and way of showing our displeasure.

I feel Star have taken a too softly softly approach which may well have been justified under SJM's management but I feel with the new owners it needs a different way.

Not saying protests etc yet but if it came to it we need a co-ordinated voice and we need Star to engage on all levels of supporters.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 14 Jun 2016 15:42

Maguire
harry

What's the fans forum? And I've never seen a portacabin because I don't sit in the East Stand.

HTH

Blimey, for a ch.ch.chap self-professedly ' Unashamedly ITK and proud of it' you might appreciate a little help in guiding you to sources of STAR info. Besides the STAR Base behind East Stand, the STAR page in the matchday programme, noticeboards in every concourse, occasional appearances on radio and TV, the STAR forum on HNA, we have the STAR website, a FB page and Twitter - all of this is available to non-members.

Maybe we don't shout loud enough; maybe people don't want to listen; maybe people expect too little of us.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 14 Jun 2016 16:02

Pat Butchers Ring Thanks for the response Star. It wasn't meant as a dig so I appreciate your open response.

Genuinely I think this season will be a car crash and if the owners won't communicate with fans I think we need a unified voice and way of showing our displeasure.

I feel Star have taken a too softly softly approach which may well have been justified under SJM's management but I feel with the new owners it needs a different way.

Not saying protests etc yet but if it came to it we need a co-ordinated voice and we need Star to engage on all levels of supporters.

Fair enough, we didn't particularly take it as a dig. We were on the case.

You, and others, may be interested to know that STAR has secured an Asset of Community Value (ACV) nomination on the Madejski Stadium from Reading Borough Council and has formally objected to an aspect of the Planning Application for Royal Elm Park. We keep an eye on / subscription for all the official documents re RFC lodged at Companies House and our last newsletter to members described the 17 company structure in which Reading FC now sits.

We are, of course, concerned about the potential downsides of next season - but at least we have a manager in place now.

The long-term nature of what we're trying to build in terms of a owner-club-fan relationship ('softly, softly' you reasonably call it) inevitably means we're not going to be the first ones over the wall. We feel, at this stage, we're likely to have more influence diplomatically.

In terms of co-ordinated voices - we can always listen and we can always do with help.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Jun 2016 16:02

Unashamedly ITK and proud of it
- there's a funny story behind this one, PM me if you want to hear it

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 14 Jun 2016 23:10

STAR Liaison
Pat Butchers Ring Thanks for the response Star. It wasn't meant as a dig so I appreciate your open response.

Fair enough, we didn't particularly take it as a dig. We were on the case.

You, and others, may be interested to know that STAR has secured an Asset of Community Value (ACV) nomination on the Madejski Stadium from Reading Borough Council and has formally objected to an aspect of the Planning Application for Royal Elm Park. We keep an eye on / subscription for all the official documents re RFC lodged at Companies House and our last newsletter to members described the 17 company structure in which Reading FC now sits.

We are, of course, concerned about the potential downsides of next season - but at least we have a manager in place now.

The long-term nature of what we're trying to build in terms of a owner-club-fan relationship ('softly, softly' you reasonably call it) inevitably means we're not going to be the first ones over the wall. We feel, at this stage, we're likely to have more influence diplomatically.

In terms of co-ordinated voices - we can always listen and we can always do with help.

Interesting to know about the ACV. I'm sure things like that are communicated by STAR but I missed that. Great work.

Should a united voice be needed I'm sure the majority of fans would back any action taken by Star to understand the direction of our club. Certainly I would back any calls for communication between the owners and fans.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Jun 2016 13:37

STAR Liaison the STAR Base
Not sure if that's a great name or an embarrassing name for the portacabin

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 15 Jun 2016 14:37

Maguire