Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by John Smith » 28 Feb 2019 14:47

I have to say that giving away two free pints does smack of desperation a little and that if that's the only way they can fill it (if they indeed do), then it will be hard to see it surviving at this level. If it is to remain I think it'll only be at League One level, but you could probably argue that they have also failed in supporting the side to perform to a standard capable of staying up, equalling monumental failure!

Either way it doesn't look good.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 28 Feb 2019 15:05

I wish somebody had poured two pints over the head of that bloody drummer in the South stand Saturday, it was like Chinese tap torture

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Feb 2019 15:13

Old Man Andrews In what would appear to be a move of desperation Club 1871 are giving away 2 free beers if you sit in the South Stand for the Wigan game.

The final roll of the dice.

I would do almost anything for 2 free beers.

I would not sit in Club 1871 though and sell myself out. Good on them for persisting on a lost cause though.

Will it be around next season? If we go down, certainly not. But at least they tried.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 28 Feb 2019 15:20

The Enfield Royal71
Old Man Andrews In what would appear to be a move of desperation Club 1871 are giving away 2 free beers if you sit in the South Stand for the Wigan game.

I would not sit in Club 1871 though and sell myself out. Good on them for persisting on a lost cause though.

Will it be around next season? If we go down, certainly not. But at least they tried.

I'd take them up on that offer if I get to choose which pub I have my two free beers in (Nags).

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Feb 2019 15:21

Elm Park Kid
The Enfield Royal71

I'd take them up on that offer if I get to choose which pub I have my two free beers in (Nags).

Yeah, I would rather drink from a puddle then the watered down shite we have in the ground.

I wonder how much potential revenue will be lost from the 2 free beers per person though?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Feb 2019 15:24

The Enfield Royal71
Elm Park Kid
The Enfield Royal71

Yeah, I would rather drink from a puddle then the watered down shite we have in the ground.

I wonder how much potential revenue will be lost from the 2 free beers per person though?

It doesn't matter how much revenue is lost, as the club is willing to lose it, it is obviously negligible.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 28 Feb 2019 15:24

Hendo
The Enfield Royal71
Elm Park Kid

It doesn't matter how much revenue is lost, as the club is willing to lose it, it is obviously negligible.

Fair

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 28 Feb 2019 18:19

Old Man Andrews Club 1871 will not be there next season. Guarantee it.

If not they have said a few times now that they will relocate in the EDS which may work well.

But they did almost double their attendance last game Vs Rotherham with no incentive. And we were loud. Judging by reaction on social media as well most fans were agreeing.

One87One

by One87One » 02 Mar 2019 00:32

The Football Club are very supportive of the initiative, so don’t be so sure! The club only lose around £250,000 a season for it.

Personally I’d like them to move into the many vacant seats in the Dolan Stand (west half); or as has been put to the club, move the away fans into Y24/25/26 and give home fans the South Stand. This hasn’t been dismissed and is being looked into. Facilities wise it is doable as well, but wouldn’t be brought in next season if it is pushed forward.

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 02 Mar 2019 09:17

I was sceptical at first but I think they've been brilliant, especially the last few games. While Y25/26 has been silent for the majority of most games the 1871 lot have continuously sang throughout and considering how few of them there are just think how much louder it will be if more start to join.
Some people just seem to have a real vendetta against them which is sad. Anything to improve the atmosphere at the Mad Stad is a good thing and as someone else has said, when the football improves, so will the numbers.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Mar 2019 21:08

They were great against Rotherham and made for the best atmosphere for a while.

Is there anyway to get a ticket in there if you're not a season ticket holder?

La Flama Blanca

by La Flama Blanca » 03 Mar 2019 14:41

Just call the ticket office and buy a ticket for the South or swap a current ticket for there. It's not exclusive to season ticket holders only.

One87One

by One87One » 03 Mar 2019 14:54

Jagermesiter1871 They were great against Rotherham and made for the best atmosphere for a while.

Is there anyway to get a ticket in there if you're not a season ticket holder?

Any member card holder can purchase a ticket in the South Stand, whilst any STH can also move their seat to the South for a game whenever they fancy!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Mar 2019 16:44

Yeah, its a piece of piss. You can do it on the day at the TO too.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Mar 2019 13:26

La Flama Blanca I was sceptical at first but I think they've been brilliant, especially the last few games. While Y25/26 has been silent for the majority of most games the 1871 lot have continuously sang throughout and considering how few of them there are just think how much louder it will be if more start to join.
Some people just seem to have a real vendetta against them which is sad. Anything to improve the atmosphere at the Mad Stad is a good thing and as someone else has said, when the football improves, so will the numbers.
Y25/26 has been quieter but that is in part due to the number of Y25/26 supporters who have moved to the Club 1871 area, this possibly also explains the chants from the 1871 end such as "we pay your benefits" etc etc rather than chants fitting the original agenda of 1871 to support our players.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Mar 2019 13:41

One87One

The Football Club are very supportive of the initiative, so don’t be so sure! The club only lose around £250,000 a season for it.

Personally I’d like them to move into the many vacant seats in the Dolan Stand (west half); or as has been put to the club, move the away fans into Y24/25/26 and give home fans the South Stand. This hasn’t been dismissed and is being looked into. Facilities wise it is doable as well, but wouldn’t be brought in next season if it is pushed forward.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:o :o :o

I am all for initiatives and getting fans/people more involved in the game but surely our accounting department and commercial team would have, if half competent, been like "oh hang on"

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Mar 2019 15:44

The Enfield Royal71
One87One

I am all for initiatives and getting fans/people more involved in the game but surely our accounting department and commercial team would have, if half competent, been like "oh hang on"

Put this in the context of a football club. It's a very small cost for potentially a bigger return (improved atmosphere/increased home attendances = increase in away/ better results on the pitch)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Mar 2019 15:44

LWJ
The Enfield Royal71
One87One

Put this in the context of a football club. It's a very small cost for potentially a bigger return (improved atmosphere/increased home attendances = increase in away/ better results on the pitch)

Yes but it hasn't done that. The figures don't lie.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 04 Mar 2019 15:48

Old Man Andrews

Takes time for these things to build. If we weren't so inept behind the scenes during the summer/beginning of the season then it would probably be more popular.

I'm not sure why any fan would want an increased number of away supporters visiting, drowning out any attempt from us.

For what it's worth 250k would only cover 1/4 of ONE of our players' salaries. A pretty irrelevant figure in the grand scheme of things.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Mar 2019 15:51

LWJ
Old Man Andrews

Takes time for these things to build. If we weren't so inept behind the scenes during the summer/beginning of the season then it would probably be more popular.

I'm not sure why any fan would want an increased number of away supporters visiting, drowning out any attempt from us.

For what it's worth 250k would only cover 1/4 of ONE of our players' salaries. A pretty irrelevant figure in the grand scheme of things.

^this. It is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things.

2100 posts