RFC accounts for 2021/2 published

134 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RFC accounts for 2021/2 published

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2023 16:42

3points
Sutekh I thought all club owners had to present a clear open business model to the FL for audit when buying a club so that ownership and money trails couldn't be hidden away in various places and it was clear who was involved and where the finances were coming from, but perhaps that's a bit like common sense and therefore a bit too much to expect.

but that is at the time of purchase. What happens two years later? Who knows what the controls are at that point? Seemingly very little

Perhaps, then, the FL (and PL) should be demanding clubs provide this sort of proof to them as part of the club's annual audit of accounts, failure to do so being penalised by a set amount of points etc.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 14 Jul 2023 17:29

Sutekh
3points
Sutekh I thought all club owners had to present a clear open business model to the FL for audit when buying a club so that ownership and money trails couldn't be hidden away in various places and it was clear who was involved and where the finances were coming from, but perhaps that's a bit like common sense and therefore a bit too much to expect.

but that is at the time of purchase. What happens two years later? Who knows what the controls are at that point? Seemingly very little

Perhaps, then, the FL (and PL) should be demanding clubs provide this sort of proof to them as part of the club's annual audit of accounts, failure to do so being penalised by a set amount of points etc.

some form of annual declaration by the ultimate beneficial owner(s) and subsequent compliance check would seem blindingly obvious to us mere football fans. Which is probably why the EFL doesn't do anything

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Jan 2024 18:00

Confirmation statement issued today on RFC.
Variation in share issue possibly ?

Fezza

by Fezza » 02 Jan 2024 18:22

Royals and Racers Confirmation statement issued today on RFC.

Rehne now having just under 11.5 million more shares than the same point last year, I assume this relates to the money “generated” in June and April (?) to cover the debts (unpaid loans and wages)?

Reading Asia still hold the same amount as before (I assume this is the remaining Thai owner rather than Dai?)

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 03 Jan 2024 10:13

Fezza

Rehne now having just under 11.5 million more shares than the same point last year, I assume this relates to the money “generated” in June and April (?) to cover the debts (unpaid loans and wages)?

Reading Asia still hold the same amount as before (I assume this is the remaining Thai owner rather than Dai?)

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Jan 2024 10:18

Ten Bobsworth
Fezza

Are you and Fezza identical twins?

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 03 Jan 2024 10:42

Ten Bobsworth
Fezza

In round figures, Renhe Sports Management own 98% of Reading FC with Reading Asia owning the other 2%.

Reading Asia seem to have a few unresolved issues of their own but ignoring minor detail, Reading's funding has been provided by Great Shine International Ltd (via Renhe). Great Shine is registered in Hong Kong and reported to be owned by Yongge Dai. It was owed £220m by Renhe at 30 June 2022, Renhe's last reported balance sheet date.

Great Shine have thrown a fortune at Reading. It hasn't worked out and they plainly need to stop the rot. Its not that dissimilar to what happened to Bolton in 2016 except that the owner in Bolton's case was a lifelong fan who continued to lend financial support to the club (via Ken Anderson) until he (Eddie Davies) died in September 2018 two or three days after he had rescued the club for the umpteenth time.

It was only a temporary reprieve though. Bolton went into administration in 2019 but have since recovered via Football Ventures.

Fezza

by Fezza » 03 Jan 2024 15:45

Royalwaster
Ten Bobsworth
Fezza

I'm confused... did he write anything of note - I have him on ignore as I've had enough of the Bolton shit. Mine was a question to R & R as I was unsure of what the statement meant (other than being an annual occurrence).

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 03 Jan 2024 16:39

Fezza
Royalwaster
Ten Bobsworth

I'm confused... did he write anything of note - I have him on ignore as I've had enough of the Bolton shit. Mine was a question to R & R as I was unsure of what the statement meant (other than being an annual occurrence).

For the benefit of anyone with their listening ears or thinking heads on, its confirming who owned the shares in The Reading Football Club Ltd on 8 December 2023. That's all.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jan 2024 23:32

Fezza
Royalwaster
Ten Bobsworth

Good idea.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 04 Jan 2024 08:49

Snowflake Royal
Fezza
Royalwaster

Good idea.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 07 Jan 2024 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 04 Jan 2024 08:55

Snowflake Royal
Fezza
Royalwaster

Good idea.

There's always room on the 'thick table'.
Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on 07 Jan 2024 09:54, edited 1 time in total.

Ten Bobsworth

by Ten Bobsworth » 07 Jan 2024 09:37

Like pigs in muck, there are folk who are only content when in the company of foul-mouthed no marks with anger management issues. Yet when I look back earlier on this thread, I can see there were contributors with their thinking heads on.

Have they given up? In my short experience, I couldn't blame them if they have as the site does seem to be dominated by 'schoolyard bullies' who have never grown up.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 07 Jan 2024 14:25

134 posts