Season Tickets 23/24

232 posts
Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season Tickets 23/24

by Jackson Corner » 05 Jul 2023 14:38

I was phoned by the club asking if I would be renewing. And I just said as it was. I love the club but with no manager, no players, coming in, and the distinct possibility that the club would be going out of business. That reluctantly after 25 years I won’t be. I will still go to games when I can. But after the dross I’ve had to sit through the last few years and playing Fleetwood and Carlisle on a freezing afternoon I have had enough.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 05 Jul 2023 17:19

:cry: sad times innit.

Obvs I've renewed though. What else am I gonna do on a Saturday lol.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 05 Jul 2023 22:34

Doing an estimate of sales using the seat map on the ticket site, I believe we've sold around 7,000 season tickets so far (we had 8,346 season ticket holders for the 2021-22 season for context).

I used the inspect tool, found the class of an unavailable seat and searched for it in each block. The total number of matches is how many unavailable seats there are in each area (this includes seats not being sold due to segregation, proximity to wheelchair areas or areas not being sold in for other reasons). I manually determined how many seats aren't being sold for each area, so this is the key area where there may be differences between my estimate and the actual figure - although this should increase the number of estimated sales.

In each stand we appear to have sold the following number of season tickets:
  • East - 2,768
  • North - 1,220
  • Lower West - 1,148
  • South - 1,097
  • Upper West - 745
  • Total - 6,978

Essentially, the sales aren't anywhere near as bad as some people are making out.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 05 Jul 2023 22:52

Clyde1998 Doing an estimate of sales using the seat map on the ticket site, I believe we've sold around 7,000 season tickets so far (we had 8,346 season ticket holders for the 2021-22 season for context).

I used the inspect tool, found the class of an unavailable seat and searched for it in each block. The total number of matches is how many unavailable seats there are in each area (this includes seats not being sold due to segregation, proximity to wheelchair areas or areas not being sold in for other reasons). I manually determined how many seats aren't being sold for each area, so this is the key area where there may be differences between my estimate and the actual figure - although this should increase the number of estimated sales.

• East - 2,768
  • North - 1,220
  • Lower West - 1,148
  • South - 1,097
  • Upper West - 745
  • Total - 6,978

Essentially, the sales aren't anywhere near as bad as some people are making out.

Aren't they in the middle of movers week? And have all unrenewed STs actually been released? Either of these might mean that more seats are marked as "unavailable" on the system for reasons other than actually having being sold?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 05 Jul 2023 23:06

Dirk Gently
Clyde1998 Doing an estimate of sales using the seat map on the ticket site, I believe we've sold around 7,000 season tickets so far (we had 8,346 season ticket holders for the 2021-22 season for context).

• East - 2,768
  • North - 1,220
  • Lower West - 1,148
  • South - 1,097
  • Upper West - 745
  • Total - 6,978

Aren't they in the middle of movers week? And have all unrenewed STs actually been released? Either of these might mean that more seats are marked as "unavailable" on the system for reasons other than actually having being sold?

I would've thought all unrenewed STs would've been released prior to movers week, especially now we're past the renewal deadline.

I'll do another check next week to see what the situation is, as it is possible non-renewed seats, or seats that have been moved from, aren't being shown as available yet.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Jul 2023 07:47

Dirk Gently

• East - 2,768
  • North - 1,220
  • Lower West - 1,148
  • South - 1,097
  • Upper West - 745
  • Total - 6,978

Movers week has concluded and all seats are now on GS.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jul 2023 08:24

• East - 2,768
  • North - 1,220
  • Lower West - 1,148
  • South - 1,097
  • Upper West - 745
  • Total - 6,978

Fits what I'd expect. I think we were initially looking at more sales as people had an expectation of a better season and more hope. Especially with Wilder seemingly interested, in what would have been a massive positive coup.

Then things slowed right down as the reality of new charges, no appointments or signings and the continued absolute clownishness of the owner became more certain.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Jul 2023 07:17

Snowflake Royal

• East - 2,768
  • North - 1,220
  • Lower West - 1,148
  • South - 1,097
  • Upper West - 745
  • Total - 6,978

Fits what I'd expect. I think we were initially looking at more sales as people had an expectation of a better season and more hope. Especially with Wilder seemingly interested, in what would have been a massive positive coup.

Then things slowed right down as the reality of new charges, no appointments or signings and the continued absolute clownishness of the owner became more certain.

I image there's two/three key periods when the club sees a sizable number of sales compared to a typical period: when the renewals start, when general sales start (if different) and just before the renewals end; there will also likely be peaks near payday for people.

We'll probably only get a drip-feed of sales from this point onwards - there's been an additional 33 seats made unavailable since yesterday (which I'll assume is all sales); this takes us to 7,011 sold on my estimates. If we got 33 sales per day until the start of the season, we'll end up with just under 8,000 season ticket holders (I doubt we'll sell much more than 7,250 IMO).

Even with 7,000 STHs, we're still going to be towards the very top end of STHs in League One - with Derby likely to have sold the most, Portsmouth second and then ourselves, Charlton and Bolton in contention for third. From what I can find, we were around 5,000 STHs last time we were in the third tier - and that was with us as a serious title challenger in a very positive environment.

It's far from the nightmare scenario of sales folk on Twitter are suggesting. The reality appears to be people buying as normal, with the expected slight drop following a relegation. Of course, had we been in a less of a gloomy situation as a club we probably would've sold more than we actually had, but we're still selling as well as we could expect.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2023 10:18

If your sums are right 7000 isn't too bad at all - would probably lead us to crowds of between 10-12k depending on the opposition, which whilst depressing compared to what we used to get is decent for L1.

If we finally get some positive news re manager/signings/tax issues - then we may even see a spurt nearer the start of the campaign.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jul 2023 13:15

Stranded If your sums are right 7000 isn't too bad at all - would probably lead us to crowds of between 10-12k depending on the opposition, which whilst depressing compared to what we used to get is decent for L1.

If we finally get some positive news re manager/signings/tax issues - then we may even see a spurt nearer the start of the campaign.

On the other hand, if the current sh*tshow and total lack of communication continues, there could be quite a difference between tickets sold and the actual number of people passing through the turnstiles.

I renewed our season tickets out of a mixture of blind loyalty and completely unfounded optimism. My brain is now starting to win over the heart and I'm not sure I'm inclined to spend a lot of time and even more money going to games, just to endure another season of humiliation and misery. As someone else said on SM, 'It's as though Dai and Pang have just sucked all of the spirit out of us'.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Jul 2023 16:52

RoyalBlue
Stranded If your sums are right 7000 isn't too bad at all - would probably lead us to crowds of between 10-12k depending on the opposition, which whilst depressing compared to what we used to get is decent for L1.

On the other hand, if the current sh*tshow and total lack of communication continues, there could be quite a difference between tickets sold and the actual number of people passing through the turnstiles.

I renewed our season tickets out of a mixture of blind loyalty and completely unfounded optimism. My brain is now starting to win over the heart and I'm not sure I'm inclined to spend a lot of time and even more money going to games, just to endure another season of humiliation and misery. As someone else said on SM, 'It's as though Dai and Pang have just sucked all of the spirit out of us'.

Doesn't matter how well or poorly run we are, if the team plays ok and wins a fair bit people will show up, and if we play badly and lose a lot, they won't.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 Jul 2023 02:17

I don’t see the point of opes The Eamon Dolan stand. Would save money on policing match day staff. If by some miracle we have some bigger gates we can open it.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 10 Jul 2023 07:04

Jackson Corner I don’t see the point of opes The Eamon Dolan stand. Would save money on policing match day staff. If by some miracle we have some bigger gates we can open it.

The North Stand is where the club have put the family area, so I'd be very surprised if they would consider closing that for league matches; I'm not sure where else they could put a family area and have it be entirely families.

The section of the ground that would make most sense to close would be the Upper West, but we've put away fans up there now. The other alternative would be not to have Club1871 in the South Stand, which would allow for at least half of that stand to be closed for most matches.

I think, at this stage, there's little point in closing any stand for league matches.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Jul 2023 09:19

Jackson Corner I don’t see the point of opes The Eamon Dolan stand. Would save money on policing match day staff. If by some miracle we have some bigger gates we can open it.

People have season tickets there (1,220 according to the figures above) and trying to relocate STHs elsewhere is always very messy and very emotive.

"I've sat in my same seat for 25 years now and paid to sit there again this year... now the club is blah blah blah..."

Things are messy enough without pissing off 1,000 loyal fans by trying to do this to them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jul 2023 09:55

Dirk Gently

People have season tickets there (1,220 according to the figures above) and trying to relocate STHs elsewhere is always very messy and very emotive.

"I've sat in my same seat for 25 years now and paid to sit there again this year... now the club is blah blah blah..."

Things are messy enough without pissing off 1,000 loyal fans by trying to do this to them.

Dreadful idea from Jackson.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 10 Jul 2023 10:19

The only reason the season ticket sales are as high as they are is that for the first few weeks they were on sale none of us knew what was on the horizon, e.g. further EFL breaches, HMRC issue, another possible points deduction etc.
The club led us all to believe that despite relegation we were over the worst, free of restrictions, embargoes and no more points deduction.
The club will have know what was happening behind the scenes and chose to say nothing and mislead the fans into renewing their season tickets.
I for one certainly wouldn't have renewed my season ticket if I had known what was about to head our way this summer.
The club have cheated the fans.
And now they refuse to issue any updates - in fact they haven't even acknowledge the EFL charges on their website or social media.
The club is in lockdown and staff have been threatened with their jobs if they speak to anyone outside.
With the current state of the playing squad and transfer and loan targets now likely to find alternative clubs and points deduction looming relegation to League Two looks nailed on.
Why is nobody at the club speaking (leaking) to those outside and the media about what a mess the club is in - hat have they got to lose?
The way things are going none of them will have jobs anyway because if Dai can't get money out of China we won't finish the season - that's assuming we even start it.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Jul 2023 10:51

DelBoyRodders The only reason the season ticket sales are as high as they are is that for the first few weeks they were on sale none of us knew what was on the horizon, e.g. further EFL breaches, HMRC issue, another possible points deduction etc.
The club led us all to believe that despite relegation we were over the worst, free of restrictions, embargoes and no more points deduction.
The club will have know what was happening behind the scenes and chose to say nothing and mislead the fans into renewing their season tickets.
I for one certainly wouldn't have renewed my season ticket if I had known what was about to head our way this summer.
And now they refuse to issue any updates - in fact they haven't even acknowledge the EFL charges on their website or social media.
The club is in lockdown and staff have been threatened with their jobs if they speak to anyone outside.
With the current state of the playing squad and transfer and loan targets now likely to find alternative clubs and points deduction looming relegation to League Two looks nailed on.
Why is nobody at the club speaking (leaking) to those outside and the media about what a mess the club is in - hat have they got to lose?
The way things are going none of them will have jobs anyway because if Dai can't get money out of China we won't finish the season - that's assuming we even start it.

the club is accepting refunds if you're that annoyed. But ultimately the season ticket guarantees you a seat at each of our 23 home games nothing more nothing less. They are fulfilling their contractual obligations between you as a customer and them as the provider. They haven't misled anyone.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 10 Jul 2023 12:28

Snowflake Royal
Dirk Gently

For a club in the financial mess we are I would say it makes perfect sense. Families could be moved to lower or upper west. Let’s face it we are not short of seats. A stadium that holds 24k will have 8k or less next season.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 10 Jul 2023 12:45

Jackson Corner
Snowflake Royal
Dirk Gently

For a club in the financial mess we are I would say it makes perfect sense. Families could be moved to lower or upper west. Let’s face it we are not short of seats. A stadium that holds 24k will have 8k or less next season.

There aren't enough remaining seats in either to seat all North Stand STHs. You can only buy family tickets in the family section too - so people would have to be moved to have a family-only section in another stand. You'd not only have to move 1,200 North Stand STHs, but a few hundred (at least) STHs in another stand - so you could be looking a moving around a quarter of all STHs if the club closed the North Stand. Logistically it doesn't make sense (and that's without annoying people).

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 10 Jul 2023 12:51

Brogue
DelBoyRodders The only reason the season ticket sales are as high as they are is that for the first few weeks they were on sale none of us knew what was on the horizon, e.g. further EFL breaches, HMRC issue, another possible points deduction etc.

the club is accepting refunds if you're that annoyed. But ultimately the season ticket guarantees you a seat at each of our 23 home games nothing more nothing less. They are fulfilling their contractual obligations between you as a customer and them as the provider. They haven't misled anyone.

So you think we would have sold as many season tickets as we have if fans had known beforehand the trouble facing the club this summer?
And the fact the club are allowing fans to get a refund suggests they know they would be on dogy ground if they had refused refunds.
Now that I have my season ticket I may as well wait to see how it all turns out before the season starts before asking for a refund.
But my point still stands, there is no way I would have gone ahead and renewed the first day they went on sale if I had know what was on the horizon for the club this summer.

232 posts