Loyalty Points

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Loyalty Points

by Clyde1998 » 02 Aug 2023 11:07

Gone from 5349 to 1475 :roll:

EDIT: Also noticed my STAR membership for last and this season hasn't been added - so that's 40 points missing... :roll:

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 02 Aug 2023 11:18

Down to 1750 loyalty points and a gold legacy status. Will be interesting to see if this is the harshest criteria this season.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 02 Aug 2023 11:44

Think this is the fairest way tbf.

I'm down from 3.5kish to 510.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Aug 2023 11:47

Am I understanding this correctly? You not only have to buy a season ticket but attend all the home games with that ticket to get max points?
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 02 Aug 2023 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2023 11:48

Hendo 1,335 point for me. No idea how many I was on before.

Gold Legacy as well.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 02 Aug 2023 11:50

LWJ Think this is the fairest way tbf.

My biggest gripe is the club waiting until a few days before the first away game where points are needed to go on sale. Why not make the statement at the start of July (for example)?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2023 11:50

RoyalBlue So it's not good enough to pay for a season ticket and commit to a full season in advance, you have to turn up to every game to get max points?

We've been season ticket holders since the move to the Mad Stad/SCL. I'm stupid enough to pay for two season tickets each year, even though in the past 5 years or so we have been unable to attend a significant number of games each year due to family location and commitments, We may not be able to support the team at all of the games but we've continued to provide maximum financial support.

Post these changes, sanity clearly needs to kick in and I should only buy tickets when we are able to attend games.

And yes, I realise that there is no easy solution to all of these conflicting factors.

Don't think it says that you need to turn up to every home game to get max points? Unless I've missed something?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Aug 2023 11:53

Hendo
RoyalBlue So it's not good enough to pay for a season ticket and commit to a full season in advance, you have to turn up to every game to get max points?

We've been season ticket holders since the move to the Mad Stad/SCL. I'm stupid enough to pay for two season tickets each year, even though in the past 5 years or so we have been unable to attend a significant number of games each year due to family location and commitments, We may not be able to support the team at all of the games but we've continued to provide maximum financial support.

Post these changes, sanity clearly needs to kick in and I should only buy tickets when we are able to attend games.

And yes, I realise that there is no easy solution to all of these conflicting factors.

Don't think it says that you need to turn up to every home game to get max points? Unless I've missed something?

Yes I've edited initial post as I'm not sure I've understood it correctly. It's not particularly clear IMO though.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Aug 2023 11:54

I think it's a fine system, a lot of older fans might feel mugged off I suppose but as with anything, the club needs to have both a fair system for the majority of fans, while maximising revenue as much as possible.

Unfortunately if you're an old school fan who has lost interest but fancied another rumble with Oxford, you may miss out.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 02 Aug 2023 11:55

Hendo

You get the points for the season when you buy a ST.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2023 11:57

RoyalBlue
Hendo

Yes I've edited initial post as I'm not sure I've understood it correctly. It's not particularly clear IMO though.

I don't think it says anything like that, though?

We believe it fair that Season Ticket Holders for 2023-24 and recent seasons, or those who have attended a high percentage of home and away games over the last four or five campaigns should be at the front of the queue when demand outstrips our ticket allocation.

CURRENT SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
To reward the most current levels of loyalty, supporters will keep all the loyalty points they have gained for the earlier four seasons and the campaign we are about to embark upon.

So, from this season on, only loyalty points accrued since the 2019-20 campaign will be retained. Then, at the end of our 2023-24 season, points picked up in 2019-20 will expire and a new four-year points tally will be recalculated ahead of the start of the 2024-25 campaign.

I can't see anything at all mentioning about having to attend all home games?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Aug 2023 12:00

Where do you check the legacy status?

I can see the new points total under my profile but no status.

Great way to piss off your fanbase, make up a system, change with a very short notice, then cock it up.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 02 Aug 2023 12:11

PieEater Where do you check the legacy status?

Great way to piss off your fanbase, make up a system, change with a very short notice, then cock it up.

It is on the e-mail I got from the club. But yes, can't see it on the website just yet - would imagine it will get updated in due course.

Not quite sure what else you were expecting? Club had to do something with loyalty points and they may have been waiting for the first batch of clubs to get back to them with allocations - as this will instruct them on what bands need to be implemented first.

Also not sure how they've cocked it up? Seems to be pretty clear and straightforward, imo.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 02 Aug 2023 12:14

Clyde1998
LWJ Think this is the fairest way tbf.

My biggest gripe is the club waiting until a few days before the first away game where points are needed to go on sale. Why not make the statement at the start of July (for example)?

Or when season tickets went on-sale in May? Or back when fans were unable to attend due to Covid a few years ago.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Aug 2023 12:22

Hendo
PieEater Where do you check the legacy status?

It is on the e-mail I got from the club. But yes, can't see it on the website just yet - would imagine it will get updated in due course.

Not quite sure what else you were expecting? Club had to do something with loyalty points and they may have been waiting for the first batch of clubs to get back to them with allocations - as this will instruct them on what bands need to be implemented first.

Also not sure how they've cocked it up? Seems to be pretty clear and straightforward, imo.

I'd expect more discussion, particulary with STAR, and more notice. If they think there's been some problem they've had months work out a solution and to communicate it.

The email says
This status will be marked against their account in our ticketing system

Well it's not, they've managed to do just half the job by reducing the count.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Aug 2023 12:30

I think the new system is pretty fair. Well done to the club for once

Needle

by Needle » 02 Aug 2023 12:32

1485 :(

Gold legacy Status 8)

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 02 Aug 2023 12:39

Down from 5,009 to 1,475. Gold Legacy Status 8)

Wonder how many people will be over 1,500? And if their selling criteria will typically split as Day 1 – 1,500+ points, Day 2 – 1,350+ points as per the website's Exeter example?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Aug 2023 12:45

Whore Jackie Down from 5,009 to 1,475. Gold Legacy Status 8)

Wonder how many people will be over 1,500? And if their selling criteria will typically split as Day 1 – 1,500+ points, Day 2 – 1,350+ points as per the website's Exeter example?

As an example I have just over 1500 and have done between 5-10 away/cup games a season. So I suspect there won't be more than 1000 in the top band.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 02 Aug 2023 13:08

Down to 10 points. LOL