Mon 4 Sep (10am) - Season ticket holders
Mon 4 Sep (2pm) - Members with 500+ points or Gold/Silver legacy status
Tue 5 Sep (10am) - Members with 25+ points or Bronze legacy status
Tue 5 Sep (2pm) - General sale

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Northampton (A)

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Sep 2023 23:31

Shithole, boring, been there twice and I'm on holiday anyway.

OUT

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 03 Sep 2023 02:31

Royal_jimmy Shithole, boring, been there twice and I'm on holiday anyway.

OUT

Clearly you never went to there old ground they used to share with the cricket team. That was a dump. Nothing wrong with this ground good views and facilities. Still not going as we will lose and I just can’t be bothered any more.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 03 Sep 2023 08:50

Jackson Corner

OUT

Clearly you never went to there old ground they used to share with the cricket team. That was a dump. Nothing wrong with this ground good views and facilities. Still not going as we will lose and I just can’t be bothered any more.

No the place is a shithole, not the ground

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Sep 2023 12:19

Jackson Corner

OUT

Are you ever happy?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 03 Sep 2023 19:46

Royal_jimmy
Jackson Corner

OUT

No the place is a shithole, not the ground

What a load of cobblers.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Sep 2023 10:05

Fishy posts

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 06 Sep 2023 09:39

We've sold around 530 tickets so far. I expect that to increase a bit the closer we get to the game (perhaps 1,000+; as with Cambridge).

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Sep 2023 13:11

Do y'all know if you can change the delivery address on tickets when you order online, or does it just default to what's on your account?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Sep 2023 13:34

Pepe the Horseman Do y'all know if you can change the delivery address on tickets when you order online, or does it just default to what's on your account?

I think it just defaults to what is on your account, but you can phone/e-mail the TO and ask them to cancel those tickets and re-send, or get new ones picked up at the ground.

Happened to me the year after I left uni. Had forgotten to change the address from my uni address to my home address. There wasn't time for them to re-send the tickets when I twigged they hadn't been delivered, so they got some left at the away end for me to collect.

Can't remember the game, think it might've been Forest.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Sep 2023 13:44

Pepe the Horseman Do y'all know if you can change the delivery address on tickets when you order online, or does it just default to what's on your account?

No but you can ask to collect them at the stadium as an alternative which might be easier.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Sep 2023 13:53

Thanks guys, thought as much x

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 Sep 2023 15:19

Clyde1998 We've sold around 530 tickets so far. I expect that to increase a bit the closer we get to the game (perhaps 1,000+; as with Cambridge).

Where do you get your info from Clyde 1998, just out of interest?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 06 Sep 2023 15:54

Should be selling 1k for this easy. 70 mile journey from Reading and pretty easy to get to for any exiles in the Midlands. Also not been there for so long other than a couple of friendlies so will be a new ground for a lot of people

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 06 Sep 2023 23:49

windermereROYAL
Jackson Corner

OUT

Are you ever happy?

No

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 07 Sep 2023 00:06

Crowbar6753
Clyde1998 We've sold around 530 tickets so far. I expect that to increase a bit the closer we get to the game (perhaps 1,000+; as with Cambridge).

That's a good question. The short answer is the seat map on the club's ticketing website. The long, and more technical, answer:
  1. Websites are made up of various elements, which may be blocks of text, images, etc.
  2. Any web browser will allow the user to view the source code of a website ('View Page Source') or how the page is displayed ('Inspect'). In this case I'm using the 'Inspect' tool.
  3. The club's ticketing website contains a seat map for each match tickets are on sale for (divided by block). When looking at a block, each seat is an individual element within the webpage.
  4. In the case of the seat element, there's a 'class' which defines what the element is. An unavailable seat has the class of "seat o i-a" for example.
  5. The 'Inspect' tool can be searched for each instance of that specific text, which will take you to the first/next instance and a count of how many instances there are in total.
  6. Doing this for available and unavailable seats, you can calculate how many seats there are in total in a given block. Doing this for each block would give a count of the total number of available and unavailable seats.
  7. Upon having a total number of seats, I then adjust for our total allocation. Our total allocation will almost always be smaller than the total number of seats in the blocks allocated to us - usually due to segregation.
  8. Once adjusting for our allocation, all unavailable seats are highly likely to be seats we've sold and that's the number I'm reporting.
  9. To use Northampton as an example, there's a total of 1,467 seats in the blocks we've been allocated. At the time of writing, there's 595 seats unavailable (not counting ~500 seats along the side of the pitch which don't appear to have gone on sale yet). Our allocation for Northampton is 1,473, which is six seats higher than the seats listed; I've put the difference down to disabled seats never being listed on the website - so there's little reason to adjust for this game. This gives me an estimate of around 600 tickets being sold for this game.
  10. For Leyton Orient: there's 937 unavailable seats at the time of writing and 1,497 seats in the blocks we've been allocated. Our allocation is 1,200, so reducing the unavailable seats by 297, gives an estimate of 640 seats sold so far.
Hopefully that can all be understood.

traff

by traff » 07 Sep 2023 09:41

Clyde1998
Crowbar6753

That's a good question. The short answer is the seat map on the club's ticketing website. The long, and more technical, answer:
  1. Websites are made up of various elements, which may be blocks of text, images, etc.
  2. Any web browser will allow the user to view the source code of a website ('View Page Source') or how the page is displayed ('Inspect'). In this case I'm using the 'Inspect' tool.
  3. The club's ticketing website contains a seat map for each match tickets are on sale for (divided by block). When looking at a block, each seat is an individual element within the webpage.
  4. In the case of the seat element, there's a 'class' which defines what the element is. An unavailable seat has the class of "seat o i-a" for example.
  5. The 'Inspect' tool can be searched for each instance of that specific text, which will take you to the first/next instance and a count of how many instances there are in total.
  6. Doing this for available and unavailable seats, you can calculate how many seats there are in total in a given block. Doing this for each block would give a count of the total number of available and unavailable seats.
  7. Upon having a total number of seats, I then adjust for our total allocation. Our total allocation will almost always be smaller than the total number of seats in the blocks allocated to us - usually due to segregation.
  8. Once adjusting for our allocation, all unavailable seats are highly likely to be seats we've sold and that's the number I'm reporting.
  9. To use Northampton as an example, there's a total of 1,467 seats in the blocks we've been allocated. At the time of writing, there's 595 seats unavailable (not counting ~500 seats along the side of the pitch which don't appear to have gone on sale yet). Our allocation for Northampton is 1,473, which is six seats higher than the seats listed; I've put the difference down to disabled seats never being listed on the website - so there's little reason to adjust for this game. This gives me an estimate of around 600 tickets being sold for this game.
  10. For Leyton Orient: there's 937 unavailable seats at the time of writing and 1,497 seats in the blocks we've been allocated. Our allocation is 1,200, so reducing the unavailable seats by 297, gives an estimate of 640 seats sold so far.

Or just wait for you to post the details :)

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 07 Sep 2023 10:10

Fair play Clyde, and thanks for putting in the hard yards I appreciate the updates.

I guess a TLDR version is you use your browsers inspect tool to count the number of sold/unsold tickets on the website.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 09 Sep 2023 13:29

Green Fair play Clyde, and thanks for putting in the hard yards I appreciate the updates.

I guess a TLDR version is you use your browsers inspect tool to count the number of sold/unsold tickets on the website.

That's basically it.

At just under 700 sold now.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 09 Sep 2023 18:44

Clyde1998
Crowbar6753

Wow, great answer. Thanks, keep up the good work :D