Northampton (A)

madreadingfan

Re: Northampton (A)

by madreadingfan » 03 Oct 2023 12:54

bcubed
Panas They've opened up another small section if anyone fancies a last-minute decision to go...

Do you know which stand and whether there are tickets left? I can't find an answer

Give the ticket office a bell. James Earnshaw the journalist says its pay on the day

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Oct 2023 18:25

bcubed
CountryRoyal Is anyone familiar with Northampton? How gnarled up does it get with traffic around 6.45-7pm?

It's pretty awful so I'd allow plenty of time. Despite it not being huge the traffic grinds to a halt on football and rugby match days

Out of interest, how was your visit to Northampton? Not the game, obviously that was shit. But did you find a decent place to eat (not easy in Northampton!) And did you get to the ground ok?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Oct 2023 14:38

bcubed
bcubed
CountryRoyal Is anyone familiar with Northampton? How gnarled up does it get with traffic around 6.45-7pm?

It's pretty awful so I'd allow plenty of time. Despite it not being huge the traffic grinds to a halt on football and rugby match days

Out of interest, how was your visit to Northampton? Not the game, obviously that was shit. But did you find a decent place to eat (not easy in Northampton!) And did you get to the ground ok?

Thanks for asking, actually as it turned out I was feeling pretty unwell Tuesday evening so didn’t travel. Annoyed I wasted money on tickets but felt fairly vindicated once the game kicked off and we were abysmal as usual.

If anyone is ever up there and wants some grub the place I wanted to go was called Smokepit I think. Looked ok tbf, hopefully can try again next season if they stay up or we both go down.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 05 Oct 2023 14:46

CountryRoyal
bcubed
bcubed

Thanks for asking, actually as it turned out I was feeling pretty unwell Tuesday evening so didn’t travel. Annoyed I wasted money on tickets but felt fairly vindicated once the game kicked off and we were abysmal as usual.

If anyone is ever up there and wants some grub the place I wanted to go was called Smokepit I think. Looked ok tbf, hopefully can try again next season if they stay up or we both go down.

Probably for the best!
I'll check out Smokepit

I was going to go, as its the nearest game for me by miles. In the end, I paid a tenner to watch online and even felt aggrieved I'd done that!

I have had to grudgingly acknowledge that if I'm not going to go to this game I wont be going at all, at least not any time soon

Sad times

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Oct 2023 17:50

1285 fans from us went

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Oct 2023 19:22

bcubed
CountryRoyal
bcubed

Probably for the best!
I'll check out Smokepit

I was going to go, as its the nearest game for me by miles. In the end, I paid a tenner to watch online and even felt aggrieved I'd done that!

I have had to grudgingly acknowledge that if I'm not going to go to this game I wont be going at all, at least not any time soon

Sad times

Well its panning out to be a good one to miss but you never know.