RFC expand the criteria ... :)

... still season ticket holders only :x

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Eastleigh (A)

by stealthpapes » 21 Nov 2023 17:12

LUX
Green
Brogue fcuk getting a train to football these days btw. too expensive an unreliable. just drive

No good for those of us who's day out isn't complete without 8 pints and a kebab though.

Plus one, but I’d settle for a ploughman’s or pastie/pie.

I was up in Leeds for work last summer. Decided to have a ploughman's lunch.

Oh, he was furious!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Nov 2023 18:24

stealthpapes
LUX
Green No good for those of us who's day out isn't complete without 8 pints and a kebab though.

Plus one, but I’d settle for a ploughman’s or pastie/pie.

I was up in Leeds for work last summer. Decided to have a ploughman's lunch.

Oh, he was furious!

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 22 Nov 2023 13:00

Doesn't look like they're selling as quickly as expected. Maybe trains and tv coverage is reducing demand.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 22 Nov 2023 14:11

down to 7 remaining seats tho'

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 23 Nov 2023 13:16

Another 300 standing tickets made available. Looks like they will go on general sale to season ticket holders.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 23 Nov 2023 22:46

I bought a ticket. I was thinking that I'd not been to an away game in years, then I remembered I went to Kidderminster.

I have a horrible feeling this game could equal it in the enjoyment stakes.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 24 Nov 2023 13:25

mx
Green
mx
On Google Maps it looks like it should be an easy, short walk from Airport Parkway to the ground. It isn't. Busy roads to cross, no pavements and no access from the east side of the stadium, unless you fancy climbing over ditches and fences.

(I live not far from Eastleigh)

Sounds like you've attempted it a few times :)

LOL! I looked at it a couple of times when there's been a decent game there, but gave up trying to figure out how to get there, except by driving. No beer, no fun.
I live in Winchester these days. Reading fan by birth,but live in Winchester now and oxf*rd me, it's far more fun watching Non League.

Will be driving in from Portsmouth. What's the best bet for pre-match beers and food? Park in the town, find a pub and then get a bus down to the ground? Or is there anything decent near the stadium?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 24 Nov 2023 15:27

IN!

now to unravel the travel - literally oxf*rd between London and Brummingham

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Nov 2023 10:59

IN - and now sold out.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 27 Nov 2023 15:16

Trying to claim you got the last ticket..... Height of sadness.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Nov 2023 15:55

Tickets can be purchased direct from Eastleigh website - including areas right next to the away fans by the looks of things.

mx

by mx » 28 Nov 2023 22:21

Whore Jackie
mx
Green Sounds like you've attempted it a few times :)

LOL! I looked at it a couple of times when there's been a decent game there, but gave up trying to figure out how to get there, except by driving. No beer, no fun.
I live in Winchester these days. Reading fan by birth,but live in Winchester now and oxf*rd me, it's far more fun watching Non League.

Will be driving in from Portsmouth. What's the best bet for pre-match beers and food? Park in the town, find a pub and then get a bus down to the ground? Or is there anything decent near the stadium?

Sorry, don't log into Hob Nob much these days. Reading fan by birth, but I watch Winchester City these days.

Eastleigh? My preference would be Steam Town Brew Pub, the only pub in Eastleigh I've ever drunk in, but I'm a real ale bore. Their beer is good as are their burgers. I believe Eastleigh has a Wetherspoons.

How to get to the ground afterwards? Not a scooby. Walk to the station and get a cab if there's a few of you I guess.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 29 Nov 2023 09:59

mx
Whore Jackie
mx

Sorry, don't log into Hob Nob much these days. Reading fan by birth, but I watch Winchester City these days.

Eastleigh? My preference would be Steam Town Brew Pub, the only pub in Eastleigh I've ever drunk in, but I'm a real ale bore. Their beer is good as are their burgers. I believe Eastleigh has a Wetherspoons.

How to get to the ground afterwards? Not a scooby. Walk to the station and get a cab if there's a few of you I guess.

I find Winchester disappointing for pubs but do you know the flowerpots inn down in Cheriton? Always look that place up if I'm in the area.

Best in winter when the fires are blazing.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 29 Nov 2023 12:47

Green
mx
Whore Jackie

I find Winchester disappointing for pubs but do you know the flowerpots inn down in Cheriton? Always look that place up if I'm in the area.

Cheers mx. Having had my fingers burned in Shrewsbury with the lack of taxis, may well just opt for something near the ground. Driving anyhow.

Quite liked the Railway Inn in Winchester, which heavily featured Flower Pots beers, but it looks to have changed incarnation completely.

mx

by mx » 29 Nov 2023 20:29

Whore Jackie
Green
mx

Cheers mx. Having had my fingers burned in Shrewsbury with the lack of taxis, may well just opt for something near the ground. Driving anyhow.

Quite liked the Railway Inn in Winchester, which heavily featured Flower Pots beers, but it looks to have changed incarnation completely.

The Railway is the best/only proper music venue in town. I've been to a lot of gigs there over the years. The ale is awful and the fizzy beer selection not much better. They are permanently under threat of going bust - a developer would love to get their hands on the site.