Looks like it’s about to start happening :shock:

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... g-stadium/

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Royal Elm Park

by Sutekh » 16 Dec 2023 11:05

Brogue Looks like it’s about to start happening :shock:

Do the Thais still own Oxford? Can't help but feel the club has lost out in this.

On the upside though at least the town and region might finally get a place where bands can come and play after all these years of people having to go to Ox, Southampton or London for any established bands on tour.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 16 Dec 2023 22:00

The plans for the rising sun are ambitious.

Hope it works out for them but not sure they’ll get a lot of passing trade out back of the court, and the foot commuters heading to the Bath Road.

Bit of a forgotten bit of town.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 17 Dec 2023 13:52

Sutekh

Do the Thais still own Oxford? Can't help but feel the club has lost out in this.

On the upside though at least the town and region might finally get a place where bands can come and play after all these years of people having to go to Ox, Southampton or London for any established bands on tour.

The fans/club lose the car park, and the club doesn't get a penny from the development, I assume?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 17 Dec 2023 14:23

tmesis
Sutekh

The fans/club lose the car park, and the club doesn't get a penny from the development, I assume?

Don't the club not own 25% of the property company? I don't know what that means in practice for the club however - whether that would mean we'd get a share of revenues from the project or not, etc.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Dec 2023 14:34

tmesis
Sutekh

Isn’t there a multi story car park as part of the plans? Can’t remember tbh

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 17 Dec 2023 16:11

Whatever the ownership structure, I highly doubt that the club would ever benefit from the revenues of a property development.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Dec 2023 12:51

Clyde1998
tmesis
Sutekh

Don't the club not own 25% of the property company? I don't know what that means in practice for the club however - whether that would mean we'd get a share of revenues from the project or not, etc.

Would we not get the revenue generated indirectly through the club? You'd imagine there would be some money in this, not to mention 600 flats worth of people with a football ground on their doorstep as well. It makes the ground a far more attractive prospect for people in the area as well.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 18 Dec 2023 17:18

WTF do you expect, we have been ripped off again by land grabbing asset stripping foreign owners.

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1