Season Tickets 24/25

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Season Tickets 24/25

by Clyde1998 » 06 Apr 2024 08:32

Brogue Notice if you are under 15 you have to be with an adult in c1871. Hopefully means it becomes a bit more behaved over there now

You would hope it would have some impact, but most of the people who seem to be 'giving it large' are between 16 and 21 - who've drunk about three or four pints before the game and drink more at half-time. If the club wanted to limit the anti-social behaviour that occurs in Club 1871, they'd stop alcohol sales in that stand (and remove access to the units behind the East Stand that sell alcohol).

I've noticed at away games, the handful of times the home club hasn't had alcohol sales in the ground there's been much less anti-social behaviour during the game from our fans. I'm fairly certain it would have a major impact, not least as a sizable number of people wouldn't sit in Club 1871 because of it and would be further away from the away supporters as a result (and wouldn't be within distance to engage in that behaviour).

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 09 Apr 2024 17:31

Dirk Gently
Clyde1998
RG30 No finance option available.
Does seem odd, albeit I think it was only last season I found out finance was even an option. I imagine if you contact the club, as you'd like have to anyway to arrange for it, they'd give you details on that.

It'd be a brave (or extremely expensive) lender that would take on sales for a club in our financial predicament when you consider that if we go bust or into administration it's the credit company that has the contract with (and so the liability to) STHs, but would only be a teeny tiny creditor with the club and likely to get only a few pence in the pound back, eventually.

The club has apparently confirmed they won’t be offering finance, probably for this reason.

As you’re basically saying, I think the finance provider loans the club money for the whole season and is repaid by the buyer each month.

I think folk who’d need a finance option could get a credit card with 0% interest over 12-months and pay monthly that way. You wouldn’t be charged a set up fee this way either.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 09 Apr 2024 22:46

Clyde1998
Dirk Gently
Clyde1998 Does seem odd, albeit I think it was only last season I found out finance was even an option. I imagine if you contact the club, as you'd like have to anyway to arrange for it, they'd give you details on that.

It'd be a brave (or extremely expensive) lender that would take on sales for a club in our financial predicament when you consider that if we go bust or into administration it's the credit company that has the contract with (and so the liability to) STHs, but would only be a teeny tiny creditor with the club and likely to get only a few pence in the pound back, eventually.

The club has apparently confirmed they won’t be offering finance, probably for this reason.

As you’re basically saying, I think the finance provider loans the club money for the whole season and is repaid by the buyer each month.

I think folk who’d need a finance option could get a credit card with 0% interest over 12-months and pay monthly that way. You wouldn’t be charged a set up fee this way either.

I hope that’s not financial advice clyde. As I’m sure you know giving “Advice” is a regulated activity. Only firms that are regulated by the Fincancial Conduct Authority (FCA) can offer this.…

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 10 Apr 2024 11:15

Brogue
Clyde1998
Dirk Gently

I hope that’s not financial advice clyde. As I’m sure you know giving “Advice” is a regulated activity. Only firms that are regulated by the Fincancial Conduct Authority (FCA) can offer this.…

Yep. Which is exactly why the club need to use a third-party company and can't offer credit directly to supporters themselves - it's a regulatory minefield.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 10 Apr 2024 15:01

Brogue
Clyde1998
Dirk Gently

I said they could do it, not that they should do it. Merely stating it's an option available. :wink: