RFC Flip Flops

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

RFC Flip Flops

by Greatwesternline » 02 May 2024 15:54

Useless. Wore them for one day pottering in the garden, already falling apart.

Bought them during the days of the training ground sell off crisis, doing my bit to put some £££s in the clubs current account.

Would not buy again.

Anyone else bought some club tat that is awful?

The pint glass works well as a glass.
The towel is thin as oxf*rd, but does a job on a beach i suppose.
The jogger bottoms are nice and rich, but the inside material is falling off like a leper's skin.
Ear pods work well for the price point.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RFC Flip Flops

by Sutekh » 02 May 2024 19:00

Greatwesternline Useless. Wore them for one day pottering in the garden, already falling apart.

Bought them during the days of the training ground sell off crisis, doing my bit to put some £££s in the clubs current account.

Would not buy again.

The jogger bottoms are nice and rich, but the inside material is falling off like a leper's skin.

What else would a pint glass be used for?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 May 2024 10:46

no but im a bit pissed off that the club does not sell a simple blue and white scarf :| been trying to get one for my daughter for a couple of seasons now. And they don't sell them. i mean wtf, its the number one thing you'd expect a football club to sell both instore and online

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 03 May 2024 10:56

Sutekh
Greatwesternline Useless. Wore them for one day pottering in the garden, already falling apart.

Would not buy again.

What else would a pint glass be used for?

Exactly, it does its job.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 May 2024 11:11

Brogue no but im a bit pissed off that the club does not sell a simple blue and white scarf :| been trying to get one for my daughter for a couple of seasons now. And they don't sell them. i mean wtf, its the number one thing you'd expect a football club to sell both instore and online

Health and safety probably. Remember you're not allowed to have scarves these days that aren't half and half split with the team your club is playing on any given day in case someone who supports another team is triggered by meeting someone who might not support their team. :o

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 May 2024 11:20

Agreed on the blue and white scarf.

I queued outside the ground on Saturday to get some end of season stuff, but the only scarf seemed to be a tye- dye khaki one with no apparent link to the club.

In the Store, this season’s shirts were selling for £16.50, which is good value. However there were no XL. Next size above L was 5xXL

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 May 2024 11:25

Brogue no but im a bit pissed off that the club does not sell a simple blue and white scarf :| been trying to get one for my daughter for a couple of seasons now. And they don't sell them. i mean wtf, its the number one thing you'd expect a football club to sell both instore and online

That is odd, although it does look like there are some on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315242059096?itmmeta=01HWYZR1BKA4KGBF9MZCA064B0&hash=item4965e41558:g:NvcAAOSwjcNl~aBQ

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 May 2024 11:31

Hendo

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315242059096?itmmeta=01HWYZR1BKA4KGBF9MZCA064B0&hash=item4965e41558:g:NvcAAOSwjcNl~aBQ

Yeah, and it’s not a new thing either, it’s been for the two seasons I’ve been taking her now. Maybe it goes back further than that, I dunno, i’ve only been after one for two seasons. I asked the guy in the shop a while back and he just said we don’t sell them anymore :| it’s just crazy. I mean what is the number one thing you expect to see in a club shop for any team up and down the country. A scarf right?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 03 May 2024 12:36

Brogue
Hendo

Yeah, and it’s not a new thing either, it’s been for the two seasons I’ve been taking her now. Maybe it goes back further than that, I dunno, i’ve only been after one for two seasons. I asked the guy in the shop a while back and he just said we don’t sell them anymore :| it’s just crazy. I mean what is the number one thing you expect to see in a club shop for any team up and down the country. A scarf right?

For years for want of a blue and white hooped scarf i used my Woodley dwelling Chelsea supporters free scarf he got at each Champions League game. He had a lot of free ones. They were unbranded. Perfect for a Reading fan.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 03 May 2024 12:50

Greatwesternline
Brogue

For years for want of a blue and white hooped scarf i used my Woodley dwelling Chelsea supporters free scarf he got at each Champions League game. He had a lot of free ones. They were unbranded. Perfect for a Reading fan.

Yeah - the club just need to sell something like this: https://www.greavessports.com/products/ ... blue-white

The club always used to sell something like that, often with the club's logo on either end.

I imagine there's some seasonality to what they sell - such as a better selection of scarfs in the winter than in the summer.

yuomi

by yuomi » 03 May 2024 12:55

Was expecting a thread about the likes of Glenn Murray, Rodrigo Riquelme or Pedro Mendes, but this is much more fun...

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 May 2024 13:03

Clyde1998
Greatwesternline
Brogue

Yeah - the club just need to sell something like this: https://www.greavessports.com/products/ ... blue-white

The club always used to sell something like that, often with the club's logo on either end.

I imagine there's some seasonality to what they sell - such as a better selection of scarfs in the winter than in the summer.

It’s bullshit. I just went on basingstoke town club shop clicked merchandise and the first item is a scarf.

Bracknell town have scarfs for sale

I’m sure if I looked at any local teams club shop a scarf is available to buy.

And I don’t buy that it’s a seasonal product scarfs are sold year round at football clubs

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 03 May 2024 13:19

As it's a gift for your daughter you could get your knitting needles out to make it more special.
I've still got the one my mum knitted me in the 70's. :oops:

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 03 May 2024 13:23

Brogue
Hendo

My mate had the same problem with the old club shop in the 90s. Would never oxf*rd shut up about it.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 May 2024 13:26

rabidbee
Brogue

My mate had the same problem with the old club shop in the 90s. Would never oxf*rd shut up about it.

I’m going to write to the club as this is unacceptable

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 03 May 2024 14:43

Mum knitted one for me in the 1960's, still got it somewhere,. at the back of the wardrobe, probably.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 May 2024 15:06

yuomi Was expecting a thread about the likes of Glenn Murray, Rodrigo Riquelme or Pedro Mendes, but this is much more fun...
Me too and I was going to say I have a pair of unused Reading FC Flip Flops bought for me as a Birthday present once, along with a Reading FC Tie also unused, Reading FC rubber duck unused.

Have a towel, that's fine
Have a blanked, that's fine although the suggestion I take it to the football to keep warm in the stands was rejected.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 03 May 2024 17:14

Kier Starmer has worn out 10 pairs in the last few months.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 03 May 2024 17:18

I’ve got a RFC ruler. And a mug. From 20 years ago prolly.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 03 May 2024 20:08

No reason Star couldn’t fill the gap and sell a generic blue and white scarf ……