Buyback scheme

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Jul 2006 18:21

foxey i wouldnt worry about it,the stewards dont check who uses the card,the two lights that light up when you enter the ground are never kept an eye on,i know of a few that have kids tickets that should be in the next bracket,

Glad to hear you're so confident - good luck to everyone who tries to abuse the system, because the club has vowed to clamp down hard on all such abuses.

Mr Irascible

by Mr Irascible » 12 Jul 2006 23:05

foxey i wouldnt worry about it,the stewards dont check who uses the card,the two lights that light up when you enter the ground are never kept an eye on,i know of a few that have kids tickets that should be in the next bracket,

which is morally the same as stealing...it deprives the club of revenue and makes it more expensive for honest people...a bit like not insuring your car...shop the fcukers!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Jul 2006 08:45

Isn't the buyback scheme something that the club have to offer as part of the Premier League charter? As a result, their hands are tied a bit as to what they can and can't do.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Jul 2006 09:08

Don't think so - many PL clubs don't offer it.

And the buyback scheme is different to the "upgrade your concession ST" scheme - these are two completely different things.

If they allowed unlimited upgrades to a concession ticket then lots of people would buy one and then only bother to use it for the big games, leaving the seat empty (and sold at concession prices) for the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Watford, Sheff Utd etc.

I'm not sying anyone here would try to take advantage like that, but there are many other people who will try and didge or loophole they can find, believe me.

Spotters Badge

by Spotters Badge » 26 Jul 2006 13:04

Unfortunately my two sons and I can't make the first game of the season. If I were to sell the tickets back to the club

a) How much would I get?

b) Would our Royalty Points be deducted?

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 26 Jul 2006 13:15

Spotters Badge Unfortunately my two sons and I can't make the first game of the season. If I were to sell the tickets back to the club

a) How much would I get?

b) Would our Royalty Points be deducted?

I'm in the same boat.

I can't make Man Utd at home and I reckon it will be far easier for me to charge a mate say £20 to borrow my card. Now he may not be a Reading fan, but unless the club refund me a good amount for the ticket, I'll do that instead.