New home shirt ..... shite quality

Yahoops

by Yahoops » 06 Aug 2006 21:42

Jerry St Clair

What do you expect for £40 ? Of course it's going to fall apart.

For £40 I could get 8 Tesco tshirts that last 3 times as long.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 06 Aug 2006 21:43

Yahoops
Jerry St Clair

Which league do they play in?

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 06 Aug 2006 21:52

Yahoops
Jerry St Clair

I REALLY didn't expect to have to whoosh you, yahoops.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 07 Aug 2006 08:10

Royal Monk No ones suggesting theres a problem with the away shirt .... read the thread heading

Ginger Ninjas Are people finding the same problems with the away kit, or is just the home design that's not up to standard??

I was only answering a question.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Aug 2006 08:52

Volvicanus
RoyalBlue
If the club had any sense at all, they would withdraw the whole batch from sale, give Puma an almighty b*ll*cking and insist that they sort the quality issues in record sharp time.

They will only do this is everyone that buys one that is substandard actually goes and gripes about the problem in some manner. Demand a refund - demand a better shirt. But if people keep buying them despite all this - the club will just do nothing.

When my wife complained about the appalling quality of all of those on display and the way that the stitching in the necklines had snapped/was snapping the 'assistant' suggested that they were just display items and strongly implied that those straight out of the bag would be OK.

Volvicanus is dead right. So if you are going to buy one of the new home shirts insist it is taken out of the bag and get them to stretch the front neckline for you - should be fun wtaching their faces as the stitching snaps! If it remains in one piece, try it on before you leave the Megastore as pulling it over your head is quite likely to snap the stitching.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 07 Aug 2006 09:04

i like the home kit but think it should have been made out of the same material as the away shirt, anyone agree??

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 07 Aug 2006 09:11

Got my shirt this morning, first things first I checked the neck and yes the stitching is a bit poor. However not sure I would have cared or looked if it hadn;t been highlighted on here. Got the shirt on ok, bit tight over head but when I took it off there was a 'popping' sound and now it goes over the head fine!! Checked for damage related to the pop and couldn;t see any so i'll be keeping mine.

Overall I like the new design and it looks good in short sleeve with the Premiership patches of course, and I also like the fact that the Kyocera logo is within the material and not stuck on which means it won't age as quickly as previous kits did where the logo all breaks up and changes colour.

I'll give it a couple of months and if it suffers any stiching faults then i'll return it!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Aug 2006 09:22

Slinky Got my shirt this morning, first things first I checked the neck and yes the stitching is a bit poor. However not sure I would have cared or looked if it hadn;t been highlighted on here. Got the shirt on ok, bit tight over head but when I took it off there was a 'popping' sound and now it goes over the head fine!! Checked for damage related to the pop and couldn;t see any so i'll be keeping mine.

Overall I like the new design and it looks good in short sleeve with the Premiership patches of course, and I also like the fact that the Kyocera logo is within the material and not stuck on which means it won't age as quickly as previous kits did where the logo all breaks up and changes colour.

I'll give it a couple of months and if it suffers any stiching faults then i'll return it!

To be fair you are a fat bastard.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 07 Aug 2006 09:25

Maguire
Slinky Got my shirt this morning, first things first I checked the neck and yes the stitching is a bit poor. However not sure I would have cared or looked if it hadn;t been highlighted on here. Got the shirt on ok, bit tight over head but when I took it off there was a 'popping' sound and now it goes over the head fine!! Checked for damage related to the pop and couldn;t see any so i'll be keeping mine.

To be fair you are a fat bastard.

I just knew you would be waiting in the wings to pipe up with the usual jibes :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2006 09:36

In order to get retribution may I refer you to the Meeting Up thread and the last page or two of the Cricket thread - nice pics!! :wink:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Aug 2006 09:45

Royal Lady In order to get retribution may I refer you to the Meeting Up thread and the last page or two of the Cricket thread - nice pics!! :wink:

I'm not fat though :wink:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Aug 2006 09:50

its true, we are all the same laying down!!

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 07 Aug 2006 09:57

Royal Lady In order to get retribution may I refer you to the Meeting Up thread and the last page or two of the Cricket thread - nice pics!! :wink:

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated! :)

Mags - You are soooo cool!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2006 10:05

those shorts are 3/4 length on "normal" sized people! :wink:

Dangerous
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: 2006 HNA? Ryder Cup Prediction Winner! 2007/08 NFL Prediction League Winner! Retired.

by Dangerous » 07 Aug 2006 10:08

Slinky

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, much appreciated! :)

Mags - You are soooo cool!

You look great, that hair transplant and contacts make you look so different! :wink:

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 07 Aug 2006 10:15

See Mags you thought RL & Dangerous were your friends but they know the score! You'll never come between us with our years and years of chatting on OAE / HNA!!! :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2006 10:21

yeah. What Slinky said.

Slinky
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Slinky » 07 Aug 2006 10:29

Royal Lady yeah. What Slinky said.

I reckon Mags is crying so much that he can't type! (and i'm surprised TBM hasn't piped up either)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Aug 2006 10:31

Slinky

I reckon Mags is crying so much that he can't type! (and i'm surprised TBM hasn't piped up either)
:lol: TBM will wade in with a cutting remark very shortly - I'm certain! I think Mags wants to be a model - every picture I've ever seen him in, he sort of pouts for the camera or looks "moody" :lol:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 07 Aug 2006 10:48

Slinky

Isn't that you in the background with the gut Slinky?

Six-pack jealousy doesn't impress anybody fat lad.

PS I had a hangover.