NTL/Reading World

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Uke
Hob Nob Legend

NTL/Reading World

by Uke » 11 Aug 2006 22:45

Email from the club
Your complementary access to Reading World, courtesy of NTL Broadband is due to end on the 14th September 2006.

However, as a valued online supporter, Reading would like to offer you a 35% discount on this season's subscription.

That’s right, Reading World would normally cost £39.99 a year but by responding to this mail you can subscribe today for just £24.99.

Remember with Reading World your Online Season Ticket you get exclusive access to:

• High quality video highlights from every league match
• Live audio commentary from every match – home and away
• Exclusive audio and video interviews from the heart of the club
• A Searchable Video Archive of our greatest moments from the past 5 seasons

Bless them... :x

Perhaps another campaign?

royalsteve

Re: NTL/Reading World

by royalsteve » 11 Aug 2006 22:47

Uke Email from the club
Your complementary access to Reading World, courtesy of NTL Broadband is due to end on the 14th September 2006.

However, as a valued online supporter, Reading would like to offer you a 35% discount on this season's subscription.

That’s right, Reading World would normally cost £39.99 a year but by responding to this mail you can subscribe today for just £24.99.

Remember with Reading World your Online Season Ticket you get exclusive access to:

• High quality video highlights from every league match
• Live audio commentary from every match – home and away
• Exclusive audio and video interviews from the heart of the club
• A Searchable Video Archive of our greatest moments from the past 5 seasons

Bless them... :x

Perhaps another campaign?

getting fed up with this

what a surprise...next they will be charging us to use the toilets !! :twisted:

oh well, welcome to the crappy league

Lets predict.....burger and chips will be double and cup of coke will be 2.50, beer will be 3.50......and itll cost 50p to fart

joe999

by joe999 » 11 Aug 2006 23:55

never mind the coke and beer then I'm bankrupt. :D

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 12 Aug 2006 09:37

Very disappointing but I suppose it shouldn't have come as a suprise. Well, they know exactly what they can do with their Reading World subscription.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 12 Aug 2006 09:48

All good things must come to an end. Get over it.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 12 Aug 2006 13:48

shadesrwrf Very disappointing but I suppose it shouldn't have come as a suprise. Well, they know exactly what they can do with their Reading World subscription.

Exactly, it's a shit service anyway. The idea of paying what they want for it is ridiculous, much like a number of other money making schemes the club have conjured up this summer.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Aug 2006 20:14

Not sure if this is a general NTL thing or just RFC, either way one of the main things about me sticking with NTL and paying £25 a month when I can get a similar service for much less, has gone.

That Sky internet is now looking very attractive, bye bye NTL and RW

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2006 20:26

So let me get this straight, you got a service free of charge just because you happen to be on NTL. A service that all other users have to pay to see if they so wish.

Now, and going by the wording of the email NTL Broadband decide that access is no longer free and it's the club's fault.

Get over it, you were lucky to have the service and you haven't being paying the club or NTL anything for it so either cough up or shut up.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 21 Aug 2006 20:44

Stranded So let me get this straight, you got a service free of charge just because you happen to be on NTL. A service that all other users have to pay to see if they so wish.

Now, and going by the wording of the email NTL Broadband decide that access is no longer free and it's the club's fault.

Get over it, you were lucky to have the service and you haven't being paying the club or NTL anything for it so either cough up or shut up.

Exactly, I had it free for three seasons or something. I expected it to last one.

Enjoyed having a look at the odd thing here or there, but not too sorry to see it go. Especially now we get crazy amounts of coverage from our Premierleagueness.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 22 Aug 2006 13:44

Stranded So let me get this straight, you got a service free of charge just because you happen to be on NTL. A service that all other users have to pay to see if they so wish.

erm calm down, where did I say it was the clubs fault? I'm just pointing out that I wont be paying for RW and will probably change ISP for a cheaper one offering a similar service. I was never lucky to have the service it was an advertised part of the package. They are in their rights to change it and I am within mine to chose to go elsewhere.

Incidently, the quality on the new RW hightlights might be better but you cant download it anymore.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Aug 2006 13:48

PieEater

erm calm down, where did I say it was the clubs fault? I'm just pointing out that I wont be paying for RW and will probably change ISP for a cheaper one offering a similar service. I was never lucky to have the service it was an advertised part of the package. They are in their rights to change it and I am within mine to chose to go elsewhere.

Incidently, the quality on the new RW hightlights might be better but you cant download it anymore.

Not so much you, more aimed at royalsteve.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 22 Aug 2006 14:46

Change to a cheaper ISP and subscribe to Reading World, You'll even have change left over.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 22 Aug 2006 14:47

Ask a mate who's got it if you can use their log in details. Buy them a pint now and then!

jetsetwilly

by jetsetwilly » 22 Aug 2006 19:18

PieEater Not sure if this is a general NTL thing or just RFC, either way one of the main things about me sticking with NTL and paying £25 a month when I can get a similar service for much less, has gone.

Not sure which NTL Broadband deal you have, but you can halve the price with one phone call. I was on the £35 10Mb service and following some advice I found on another site a quick phone call to the customer retention department and a threat to leave brought it down to £17.50.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 22 Aug 2006 20:04

jetsetwilly
PieEater Not sure if this is a general NTL thing or just RFC, either way one of the main things about me sticking with NTL and paying £25 a month when I can get a similar service for much less, has gone.

Not sure which NTL Broadband deal you have, but you can halve the price with one phone call. I was on the £35 10Mb service and following some advice I found on another site a quick phone call to the customer retention department and a threat to leave brought it down to £17.50.

Is that a permanent or temporary reduction?

jetsetwilly

by jetsetwilly » 22 Aug 2006 20:40

shadesrwrf
jetsetwilly

Is that a permanent or temporary reduction?

A little of both. They said it would last 6 months but that if I called back then I could extend it again.

spikeyroyal

by spikeyroyal » 22 Aug 2006 22:47

jetsetwilly

yes good point, i too have been on reduced ntl broadband for over a year now. just phone retention department and they will offer u 4meg for 12.50 or 10meg for 17.50. they will also do u deals on your phone line if u mention the free sky broadband. Anyway check the digispy forum link to read about other peeps bartering with NTL

[url]
http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/sho ... p?t=370991 [/url]

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Aug 2006 19:41

Thanks, I just found out the retentions number is 0800 0529403

If Stranded is interested, here is the original - I should be lucky - sign up page that advertises this service - no mention of a timeout. The refering RFC page has gone.

http://www.home.ntl.com/page/football

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 23 Aug 2006 21:19

Cheers guys. Called NTL today and am now paying £12.50 for 4 meg broadband and have had the line rental on my phone halved. Woman on the 'phone was very helpful and, although I had to wait in a queue for about 10 minutes, once I spoke to her was dealt with very efficiently.

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1