Music played before the Boro match

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 21 Aug 2006 16:07

As a huge WWE fan I was shocked to say the least when it started playing out over the PA system. :lol: It's not just a music used by WWE superstar Triple H, it was written by Motorhead especially for him as he's friends with Lemmy. "The Game" has been his nickname and been on his DVDs, shirts etc for years.

Hopefully we keep it or at least along similar lines, so much more original the the awful repetitive dance shite they usually use.

Volvicanus
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Volvicanus » 21 Aug 2006 16:22

Wycombe Royal
Volvicanus Come on - it was just pure shite. Most people around me were just sort of wondering WTF? THis is Reading -not Milwall - and it seemed to attempt to indicate how 'hard' the club and players are when we are patently not. Nor do we need to be.

So what would you have done? Told Wally Downes to get stuffed and refuse to play it?

At the end of the day it was a request from the players.

Fine as a one off request- but repeated use would be laughable and annoying IMO.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Music played before the Boro match

by Gav » 21 Aug 2006 16:49

Silver Fox BTW-can the team come out the Undertaker's theme tune against Citeh? They could turn off all the flodlights and appear in the middle of the pitch

Yes! Do that!

Genius.

Paul Bearer asking us to 'back the boys and make some noise' wouldn't go amiss either. :lol:

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 21 Aug 2006 17:32

Volvicanus Come on - it was just pure shite. Most people around me were just sort of wondering WTF? THis is Reading -not Milwall - and it seemed to attempt to indicate how 'hard' the club and players are when we are patently not. Nor do we need to be.

Have to agree. Alright, the result was great and if thats what the players want then thats what they'll get but the same response around me I'm afraid - 'wtf is this sh:te?'

Nothing wrong with Insominia - that seemed to work last season, didn't it?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 22 Aug 2006 14:27

More metal you bunch of pussies.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 24 Aug 2006 13:01

Berkshire Born

Have to agree. Alright, the result was great and if thats what the players want then thats what they'll get but the same response around me I'm afraid - 'wtf is this sh:te?'

Nothing wrong with Insominia - that seemed to work last season, didn't it?

Not sure what the response was around me, but there didnt seem to be anyone who was enjoying it. I was hoping for Insomnia too, assumed theyd keep it for this season. My guess is it was Murty's choice, it sounds as though it was his thing :lol: