A lesson in catering

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

A lesson in catering

by Skin » 24 Aug 2006 10:55

RFC please take the caterers to Villa so they can see how it should be done!!!!!
Not just the speed, efficiency, damn good HOT food, but the prices and choice. £2 for the best pie I've ever had at a football ground, chips and curry sauce were available too with or without jumbo sausage, all cooked through properly as well. I'd eat it again now.
Saw the que and thought sod it at first, but compared to our catering staff they seemed to be able to add up quickly and also recognised we wanted to get back to our seats quickly as possible. like shagging, 3 mins in and out.
Very very good, puts ours to shame if we ever needed reminding.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 24 Aug 2006 11:30

I'm sure that the pies were lovely, but still being in the queue 5 mins into the 2nd half, still having 40 people in front of me and the lad behind the counter telling everyone that they'd run out of change, I wouldn't know.

I was too keen on spending £10 on a pie and a coke.

Aston Villa take note - your food mught be great, but you haven't got enough refreshment counters. :x

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 24 Aug 2006 11:38

Row Z Royal I'm sure that the pies were lovely, but still being in the queue 5 mins into the 2nd half, still having 40 people in front of me and the lad behind the counter telling everyone that they'd run out of change, I wouldn't know.

I was too keen on spending £10 on a pie and a coke.

Aston Villa take note - your food mught be great, but you haven't got enough refreshment counters. :x

ok maybe I was lucky, still was a superb pie though.

STAR Voice

by STAR Voice » 24 Aug 2006 12:38

I did notice the safety stewards outside Villa Park diligently removing the lids from anyone who tried to take a bottle in, with the explanation that "when they've got the lids on you can throw them and they make excellent weapons" - and then the catering people inside quite happily selling people bottles with lids on.

:!:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 24 Aug 2006 14:42

STAR Campaigns I did notice the safety stewards outside Villa Park diligently removing the lids from anyone who tried to take a bottle in, with the explanation that "when they've got the lids on you can throw them and they make excellent weapons" - and then the catering people inside quite happily selling people bottles with lids on.

:!:

The bottles I could see being placed on the counter (through my binoculars) had had the lids taken off. Coke and Fanta in this instance.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 24 Aug 2006 14:50

They took the lid off my bottle.

The bastards

anR

by anR » 24 Aug 2006 14:54

papereyes They took the lid off my bottle.

The bastards

Tip for the future. Go to football with a spare one in your pocket.

Reading Abbey

by Reading Abbey » 24 Aug 2006 15:03

anR

The bastards

Tip for the future. Go to football with a spare one in your pocket.

Good thinking :lol:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 24 Aug 2006 15:16

They have one of those airport-style portable scanners that is specifically set to search for bottle tops. THEY WILL CATCH YOU!!!

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 25 Aug 2006 11:57

The bastards

The first time that happened to me was at Elm Park in about '92

Because of course a Ten year old kid will use a coke bottle as a rudimentary mace to assault fellow supporters.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Aug 2006 12:12

Also, did anyoen have a chance to get one of those massive steak burgers from he vans in the streets outside the ground?

They were fecking lovely, and cheap too - just goes to show that if you have different organisations in competition the quality and service to customers is superb.

In fact, the exact oposite to giving just one organisation a monopoly situation....

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Aug 2006 13:22

In defence of ther caterers at the Mad Stad (shock horror) their hands may be well and truly tied by their deal with RFC.

If fans are having to pay through the nose for everything associated with the club, it would be no surprise at all if the caterers were having to pay an absolute fortune for the catering rights. This would no doubt lead to them having to cut corners/costs/quality in order to make some money out of their operations.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Aug 2006 13:23

RoyalBlue In defence of ther caterers at the Mad Stad (shock horror) their hands may be well and truly tied by their deal with RFC.

If fans are having to pay through the nose for everything associated with the club, it would be no surprise at all if the caterers were having to pay an absolute fortune for the catering rights. This would no doubt lead to them having to cut corners/costs/quality in order to make some money out of their operations.

Absolutely - it's not the caterers I was criticising....

Row V
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Welcome to NJ, where the weak are killed and eaten.

by Row V » 25 Aug 2006 17:49

The 'Best' bitter tasted like complete piss on Sat at the MadStad. Made me feel sick enough not to try any more.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 25 Aug 2006 18:17

A steward at the Madejski last season tried to prevent me taking plastic bicycle pump into the ground on the basis that I could "club someone over the head with it".

Thankfully a tango (of all people) intervened saying that "no, it would disintegrate on impact, so he can take it in".

:roll:

Dai Brainbocs
Hob Nob Regular

by Dai Brainbocs » 25 Aug 2006 23:02

He was really afraid you would stuff into someone's @rse and inflate them.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

Re: A lesson in catering

by M4 Junction 11 » 25 Aug 2006 23:42

Skin RFC please take the caterers to Villa so they can see how it should be done!!!!!
Anyone know why the catering staff at Villa were behind that chicken wire?
I agree the food was much better quality than we get at home :(

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

Re: A lesson in catering

by Jerry St Clair » 26 Aug 2006 08:25

M4 Junction 11 Anyone know why the catering staff at Villa were behind that chicken wire?
(

Because they are really giant chickens?

18 posts   •   Page 1 of 1