Policy on Distribution of Away Tickets

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Custard Cream

Policy on Distribution of Away Tickets

by Custard Cream » 24 Aug 2006 11:39

Do the Club start with Row A and work upwards, do it randomly, or start the distribution of tickets with best seats first?

I was one of the first to buy an away ticket, I would imagine, and ended up in Row C below pitch level. I have no doubt that even higher rows had a piss poor view too, but am just interested in knowing if there is any fine science in the ticket office?

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Policy on Distribution of Away Tickets

by STAR Liaison » 24 Aug 2006 11:58

Custard Cream Do the Club start with Row A and work upwards, do it randomly, or start the distribution of tickets with best seats first?

I was one of the first to buy an away ticket, I would imagine, and ended up in Row C below pitch level. I have no doubt that even higher rows had a piss poor view too, but am just interested in knowing if there is any fine science in the ticket office?

They are told the order of sale by the club we are visiting. Do not forget that there are 750 away season tickets too and I am not sure if they allocate them first or not.

When we have had this discussion with the Sales Centre in previous seasons on behalf of the ASTs they do sometimes lack the information of which actually are the best seats (assuming everyone has the same criteria for judging which are cest).

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Policy on Distribution of Away Tickets

by Royal Lady » 24 Aug 2006 12:32

starliaison
Custard Cream Do the Club start with Row A and work upwards, do it randomly, or start the distribution of tickets with best seats first?

They are told the order of sale by the club we are visiting. Do not forget that there are 750 away season tickets too and I am not sure if they allocate them first or not.

When we have had this discussion with the Sales Centre in previous seasons on behalf of the ASTs they do sometimes lack the information of which actually are the best seats (assuming everyone has the same criteria for judging which are cest).
well we bought our tickets as soon as they were available. My kids got theirs on Monday and they were on the same row as us and only a few seats away. They went with their dad and their STs are in his name, so it's not even like they managed to know they were related to me! We were Row F - too low down for my liking really.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 24 Aug 2006 12:54

I was in row U which seemed to be at the same level as Row J at madjeski. I feel bad for those down the front.. they can't have been able to see much.

reading_lad

by reading_lad » 24 Aug 2006 12:56

I was in row E in block R5 and i was happy with our view, but i do prefer to sit a bit further back

c_harrison

by c_harrison » 24 Aug 2006 15:58

Row E seat 321 had shocking views. I assure you of that!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Aug 2006 17:46

When you get them from the TO, they each seem to have their own stack of tickets and they just dish them out from the top of the pile, so I guess it's pot luck which window serves you, or who you happen to get on the phone (they are often siting at a closed ticket window)

susieroyal

by susieroyal » 24 Aug 2006 19:40

Row O on the segment part in the corner.
Brilliant view.
Bought on general sale.

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1