Man Utd Tickets

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Sep 2006 18:19

savage 4 england It keeps saying i have selected 2 tickets when i've only selected one!
the two tickets might refer to one for Utd and one for Charlton?

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 07 Sep 2006 18:47

It actually appears that the marketing has gone wrong, I would have expected the Man U tickets to have gone to those with at least 100 points, but it appears that 55pts is enough, and this for one of the biggest games of the season!!

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 07 Sep 2006 19:40

Royal Lady
savage 4 england It keeps saying i have selected 2 tickets when i've only selected one!
the two tickets might refer to one for Utd and one for Charlton?

Nah, it wasn't that. It said i had selected 2 United tickets. Well, i sorted it out anyway.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 07 Sep 2006 21:36

Stranded
Platypuss
Stranded
Forbury Lion Surely Royalty points are proof that fans have attended less attractive fixtures and supported the team?

Forcing fans to buy tickets to two games when they may not be able to attend the second one isn't much of a reward.

Whilst I agree the system is flawed, no-one's been forced to buy tickets for both?

The club made it pretty clear that the games will be un-linked on the 19th. If people were so up in arms about this they could have waited until then to purchase tickets.

How many do you think will actually still be available on the 19th?

That's the point I was making. If people were so up in arms about the linking then the easiest way to make a point would have been to wait until this date. If none had sold prior to the 19th then it would have been a clear message to the club that this system was not acceptable.

As it happens, 1,500+ people have chosen to buy and as such get tickets for both fixtures which would appear to show that the club weren't far off in the marketing for this.

Stranded 9 times out of 10 you are spot on, this time you are way off the mark.

Question - So how do me and the kids get tickets to see Charlton then so they can build up their points to get to see the bigger clubs????

Answer - they cant!!! and this goes for the games linked with Chelsea, Arsenal and all big clubs.

So instead of the royalty points system doing what it is supposed to the tickets go to the people who can shell out the most money regardless of whether they go to the less attractive fixture or not.

Complete and utter disgraceful money grabing system.

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 08 Sep 2006 06:50

No systems perfect and whatever the club decide to do will be percieved as unfair by some people, as this thread - amongst others - testifies.

Some of the whinging and moaning on this board beggars belief. You'd think the club was some sort of political party in government the amount of bile being directed towards it.

What I do know is that anything that dissuades hordes of so-called "United" fans turning up in the home ends as they did in 1996 at Elm Park is alright by me.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Sep 2006 07:43

Bowman's Quiver Some of the whinging and moaning on this board beggars belief. You'd think the club was some sort of political party in government the amount of bile being directed towards it.

Hm, not a bad analogy given the spin, policies changing as constantly as the tide, often less than competent administration and seemingly some sort of aversion to giving us the straight truth! Policies are often extremely unpopular and the cost to the ordinary man/woman is also rising as rapidly as taxes and equally without apology!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Sep 2006 08:55

londinium
Stranded
Platypuss
Stranded
Forbury Lion Surely Royalty points are proof that fans have attended less attractive fixtures and supported the team?

Forcing fans to buy tickets to two games when they may not be able to attend the second one isn't much of a reward.

Whilst I agree the system is flawed, no-one's been forced to buy tickets for both?

The club made it pretty clear that the games will be un-linked on the 19th. If people were so up in arms about this they could have waited until then to purchase tickets.

How many do you think will actually still be available on the 19th?

That's the point I was making. If people were so up in arms about the linking then the easiest way to make a point would have been to wait until this date. If none had sold prior to the 19th then it would have been a clear message to the club that this system was not acceptable.

As it happens, 1,500+ people have chosen to buy and as such get tickets for both fixtures which would appear to show that the club weren't far off in the marketing for this.

Question - So how do me and the kids get tickets to see Charlton then so they can build up their points to get to see the bigger clubs????

Answer - they cant!!! and this goes for the games linked with Chelsea, Arsenal and all big clubs.

So instead of the royalty points system doing what it is supposed to the tickets go to the people who can shell out the most money regardless of whether they go to the less attractive fixture or not.

Complete and utter disgraceful money grabing system.

Forbes, I already answered that question.

Londinium, the club are in a no win situation. I can guarantee with almost 100% certainty that whatever system used for the sale of Man Utd tickets there would have been people complaining it was unfair - that includes keeping the sales on just royalty points.

The club have a right to sell the tickets as they wish and of the 2000 ish they have to sell in a linked fashion they have sold the majority. This does mean that people with more disposable income will be the ones with the tickets. Sadly that is not the club's responsibility. Their's is to get bums on seats, which they are doing.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 08 Sep 2006 13:22

londinium

Surely you and the kids would have accumulated enough royalty points to see man utd by watching lesser games by now, the Royalty Point scheme has been in place for 2 years

fridays child

by fridays child » 11 Sep 2006 11:55

I know of at least two people that have purchased tickets today, and didn't have to buy Charlton tickets.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Sep 2006 13:16

Stranded The club have a right to sell the tickets as they wish and of the 2000 ish they have to sell in a linked fashion they have sold the majority. This does mean that people with more disposable income will be the ones with the tickets. Sadly that is not the club's responsibility. Their's is to get bums on seats, which they are doing.

So forget the notion of the 21st Century football business having a caring face in the community!

Who knows, maybe it will take the place of rugger as the sport for the toffs!

What does top level RU/RL cost to watch nowadays?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2006 13:41

RoyalBlue
Stranded The club have a right to sell the tickets as they wish and of the 2000 ish they have to sell in a linked fashion they have sold the majority. This does mean that people with more disposable income will be the ones with the tickets. Sadly that is not the club's responsibility. Their's is to get bums on seats, which they are doing.

So forget the notion of the 21st Century football business having a caring face in the community!

Two different things RB, the club are fully involved in the community in many ways outside of a match day.

However, first and foremost the club is a business and as such (and to stand any chance of competing at the level we are now) it has to maximise revenue. The main way to do this is through ticket sales, linking games means that they know they will have the maximum possible revenue for two games rather than one. It makes perfect business sense esp as people are buying the tickets.

London Irish was £16 last season IIRC.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 Sep 2006 14:49

Stranded
RoyalBlue

I wouldn't disagree as I am not sure of the facts, but my recollection is that the LI tickest were more expensive than Football ones last year. I just have a vague memory of being surprised that they cost a bit more than we were paying.

Two different things RB, the club are fully involved in the community in many ways outside of a match day.

However, first and foremost the club is a business and as such (and to stand any chance of competing at the level we are now) it has to maximise revenue. The main way to do this is through ticket sales, linking games means that they know they will have the maximum possible revenue for two games rather than one. It makes perfect business sense esp as people are buying the tickets.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Sep 2006 15:26

West Stand Man
Stranded
RoyalBlue

I wouldn't disagree as I am not sure of the facts, but my recollection is that the LI tickest were more expensive than Football ones last year. I just have a vague memory of being surprised that they cost a bit more than we were paying.

East Stand ST is £250. That's for 11 league games (including the Twickenham double header last week). All three pool games in the Heineken Cup and 1 other cup game.

They can also buy additional tickets at a discount.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 11 Sep 2006 16:21

But it's totally against the clubs existing priority scheme for selling tickets. There are people who would of had enough points for the ManU game, but could not make the Charlton game, so the tickets will now go to richer glory hunters with a few points. Loyal fans screwed, rich fans happy.

And there are people who were set on building up their points by going to silver games (and we were told by the club what a great deal these games would be), that will now be unable to as the game will the sold out before they get a chance.

Bizarely STAR seem happy with this.

premiership_bound

by premiership_bound » 12 Sep 2006 14:24

How comewhen you use the on-line ticketing that Man U tickets are sold out but Charlton tickets are still available.

Did something go wrong with the linking?

M U R T Y

by M U R T Y » 18 Sep 2006 19:29

Seems so - why is Man U game sold out, but not Charlton??

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Sep 2006 19:31

Because Man Utd game attracted more Corporate buyers apparently and the Charlton game didn't. Or something like that.