Man Utd Tickets

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Man Utd Tickets

by Forbury Lion » 07 Sep 2006 11:19

According to the ticket office there were just 450 left yesterday.

Just booked a couple online for a friend who had to wait until today to order as his kid only has 55 Royalty points and they want to sit together.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Man Utd Tickets

by Stranded » 07 Sep 2006 11:42

Forbury Lion According to the ticket office there were just 450 left yesterday.

Just booked a couple online for a friend who had to wait until today to order as his kid only has 55 Royalty points and they want to sit together.

So, one would assume there's only 450 Charlton tickets left as well then.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

Re: Man Utd Tickets

by southbank1871 » 07 Sep 2006 11:46

Stranded
Forbury Lion According to the ticket office there were just 450 left yesterday.

So, one would assume there's only 450 Charlton tickets left as well then.

One should assume as much shouldn't they? But the chances of the TO not having fcuked something up is fairly minimal.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 07 Sep 2006 12:07

How many Charlton tickets will appear for sale (from people who don't want them but had to buy in order to get a Man Utd ticket)? Probably not many - which might indicate that the club got the marketting just about right? :D

Spotters Badge

by Spotters Badge » 07 Sep 2006 12:44

West Stand Man How many Charlton seats will remain unoccupied (from people who don't want them but had to buy in order to get a Man Utd ticket)? Probably loads- which might indicate that the club fcuked up again? :D

This linking system is being used because we want to ensure that tickets for the most popular games go to supporters who are also prepared to support the team in less high-profile fixtures.

We are also very keen to ensure the team are cheered on by full houses in all the games leading up to Christmas.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Sep 2006 12:52

Surely Royalty points are proof that fans have attended less attractive fixtures and supported the team?

Forcing fans to buy tickets to two games when they may not be able to attend the second one isn't much of a reward.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 07 Sep 2006 13:04

Forbury Lion Surely Royalty points are proof that fans have attended less attractive fixtures and supported the team?

Forcing fans to buy tickets to two games when they may not be able to attend the second one isn't much of a reward.

Exactly Forbes. It's quite clearly a way of making more money by the club. I would like to go to the United game as it's a late kick off which I can make after playing football, but I can't make the Charlton game as it's a 3pm kick off. I can't really afford to be wasting £30 on a game I can't attend so I'll be watching the United game on TV instead.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Sep 2006 13:09

Forbury Lion Surely Royalty points are proof that fans have attended less attractive fixtures and supported the team?

Whilst I agree the system is flawed, no-one's been forced to buy tickets for both?

The club made it pretty clear that the games will be un-linked on the 19th. If people were so up in arms about this they could have waited until then to purchase tickets.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 07 Sep 2006 13:28

Spotters Badge
West Stand Man How many Charlton seats will remain unoccupied (from people who don't want them but had to buy in order to get a Man Utd ticket)? Probably loads- which might indicate that the club fcuked up again? :D

This linking system is being used because we want to ensure that tickets for the most popular games go to supporters who are also prepared to support the team in less high-profile fixtures.

We are also very keen to ensure the team are cheered on by full houses in all the games leading up to Christmas.

And your point is ....?

Spotters Badge

by Spotters Badge » 07 Sep 2006 13:33

West Stand Man
And your point is ....?

You need to work harder at school :roll:

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 07 Sep 2006 13:50

I think the club acted well in this case.

The club could offer free tickets to games with free entry to a chosen lap dancing bar, free drinks, with a guaranteed shag at the end of the evening and someone would complain that there was no transportation offered.

If tickets had gone on sale non linked, how many posters would have been complaining that they couldn't get a ticket because of some plastic?

If the charlton game had not been linked, how many posters would have complained that we can get a full house for the big games?

Then again, not that many people seem to be complaining :wink:

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 07 Sep 2006 13:57

Spotters Badge
West Stand Man
And your point is ....?

You need to work harder at school :roll:

Bugger - you mean that I need to go back to school after all these years? Perhaps then I can also use mindless expletives in my online posts instead of the Queen's English!!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Sep 2006 14:13

Stranded

Whilst I agree the system is flawed, no-one's been forced to buy tickets for both?

The club made it pretty clear that the games will be un-linked on the 19th. If people were so up in arms about this they could have waited until then to purchase tickets.

How many do you think will actually still be available on the 19th?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 07 Sep 2006 14:15

Spirit of Elm Park If tickets had gone on sale non linked, how many posters would have been complaining that they couldn't get a ticket because of some plastic?

Of course that "some plastic" would still have needed a large amount of Royalty Points.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Sep 2006 14:18

Platypuss
Stranded

That's the point I was making. If people were so up in arms about the linking then the easiest way to make a point would have been to wait until this date. If none had sold prior to the 19th then it would have been a clear message to the club that this system was not acceptable.

As it happens, 1,500+ people have chosen to buy and as such get tickets for both fixtures which would appear to show that the club weren't far off in the marketing for this.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 07 Sep 2006 14:47

Stranded
Platypuss
Stranded

That's the point I was making. If people were so up in arms about the linking then the easiest way to make a point would have been to wait until this date. If none had sold prior to the 19th then it would have been a clear message to the club that this system was not acceptable.

As it happens, 1,500+ people have chosen to buy and as such get tickets for both fixtures which would appear to show that the club weren't far off in the marketing for this.

Precisely, but don't expect Spotters Badge to agree !!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Sep 2006 16:26

West Stand Man
Stranded
Platypuss
Stranded

I never thought the demand wouldn't be there but it's the ethics of doing this rather than allowing fans to make a decision over which game they want to buy tickets for.

The club are just after the money, which I can understand, but their treatment of the fans over this, and an increasing number of other examples, is going too far and they are struggling to come up with an explanation that gets anywhere near making this seem anything but ripping off their fans.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Sep 2006 16:41

Stranded

With 450 tickets left as at yesterday do you think there will be any left by the 19th?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Sep 2006 16:44

West Stand Man
Stranded
Platypuss
Stranded

Maybe next season they'll link all the games then so you have to be a season ticket holder to attend? or how about linking the Arsenal game to every game after xmas so you have to pay for all those games in advance?

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 07 Sep 2006 18:06

It keeps saying i have selected 2 tickets when i've only selected one!